News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: So, what are y'all hooking up for dinner tomorrow?  (Read 258 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: So, what are y'all hooking up for dinner tomorrow?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 09:40:04 AM »
Daddy y is having a feeding at his home.  He's preparing a knuckle and ribs.  Others are bringing sides.  I'm bringing my world famous pound cake.
:)…………sir, while I’m sure those who are privileged to taste your pound cake feel special, your humble poster has not had a decent pound cake since my mother-in-law prepared her last one prior to her death 15 years ago.

The key to her pound cake was butter and LOTS of it. I realize that doesn’t sound very healthy by the lofty dietary standards adopted by many on this board. And I can certainly respect and appreciate those standards.

But mother-in-law’s pound cake was so moist and delicious that you damn near used the fingers to wipe the bottom of the cake bowl after the last piece was taken. It was THAT good.  ;D

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
Smoked devil eggs are off the Traeger. Turkey still in smoke mode until a bit later when I crank it up a notch.

Greens cooking on low in the pot with smoked Turkey wings. Dressing is prepped and about to hit the oven soon.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 11:28:53 AM »
Mamma, there go that man again….

The Smoked Deviled Eggs are a new keeper and will stay in the rotation

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »
 :lol:^^^Alum, unless you are prepared to somehow transport to a brutha some sampling of your holiday meal, you ought to stop torturing me like this. But you have posted a sterling holiday menu^^^, and are deservedly proud.

Btw, I shared with Mrs. Strike earlier this morning the links you provided on the Traeger roast turkey and deviled eggs. Her response was that this dude must be a “serious cook”. I informed her that at least you THINK that you are.  :lol:

Hope you and your family enjoy what must surely be an awesome feast.  ;)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 08:12:05 PM »
Daddy y is having a feeding at his home.  He's preparing a knuckle and ribs.  Others are bringing sides.  I'm bringing my world famous pound cake.
:)…………sir, while I’m sure those who are privileged to taste your pound cake feel special, your humble poster has not had a decent pound cake since my mother-in-law prepared her last one prior to her death 15 years ago.

The key to her pound cake was butter and LOTS of it. I realize that doesn’t sound very healthy by the lofty dietary standards adopted by many on this board. And I can certainly respect and appreciate those standards.

But mother-in-law’s pound cake was so moist and delicious that you damn near used the fingers to wipe the bottom of the cake bowl after the last piece was taken. It was THAT good.  ;D

I'm so sorry about your Mother in Law.  If she made her pound cake in a loaf pan she could use all butter.  My former mother in law made hers that way in Nashville.  I make mine in a tube pan. It's too heavy for all butter.

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2022, 09:56:50 PM »
Lock at these persnickety negroes.  Not one of them listed chitlins, I'm sorry "Chitterlings", on the menu.   :lol:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2022, 08:08:09 AM »
Daddy y surprised us with duck.  A cousin took the skin and threw it in the trash.  Daddy y grabbed me with his bad hand to keep me from Jap slapping him. I'm still ticked about it. 

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2022, 08:17:00 PM »
At wh(?)y's house yesterday...

https://twitter.com/BornAKang/status/1596005489443278850?s=20&t=U8CnVeQjPttba_DoKo0aMg

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:
???…….bruh, WTF WAS that? I damn near got sick just looking at dat bullschitt……….YIKES!?!?!?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule