News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: JFK ASSASSINATED 59 YEARS AGO ON TODAY  (Read 158 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
Re: JFK ASSASSINATED 59 YEARS AGO ON TODAY
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 04:32:30 PM »
Never forget I was in the third grade Washington Public School in Tuskegee, Al. School was dismiss early and everyone was in a somber mood. We stayed glued to our black & white television for the next several days...those were some sad days :'(
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 04:50:14 PM »
WAS IN MY 6TH GRADE CLASS AT DOUGLAS PARK ELEMENTARY IN PORTSMOUTH, VIRGINIA.  OTHER TEACHERS CAME IN THE ROOM AND WERE WHISPERING WITH MY TEACHER.  I HEARD SCREAMS OUT IN THE HALLWAYS AND ADULTS WAILING AND CRYING.  THEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME OVER THE LOUDSPEAKER AND WE WERE ALL DISMISSED. I WALKED HOME HALF EXPECTING MISSILES TO BEGIN FALLING FROM THE SKY.  AT FIRST I HAD THOUGHT THE SOVIET UNION HAD LAUNCHED A NUCLEAR ATTACK BECAUSE ALL YEAR LONG WE HAD BEEN DOING OUR NUCLEAR ATTACK DRILLS.... GETTING UNDER OUR DESKS AND COVERING OUR HEADS WITH OUR ARMS. ::)

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
I was minus 4 years old.

I was 8 1/2 months old when his brother was killed.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, DIVISION II FOOTBALL NATIONAL QUARTERFINALISTS
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 05:09:18 PM »
I was in the second grade. My teacher told us to put our heads on our desks.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
I was in 3rd grade at Hungerford Elementary in Eatonville, FL.  Our classroom had one of those TVs on a tall stand that rolled. The principal announced over the PA for classrooms to turn on their TVs to channel 6 (WDBO). Mrs. Miller was crying which started some in the classroom crying.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 05:50:36 PM »
...ALL YEAR LONG WE HAD BEEN DOING OUR NUCLEAR ATTACK DRILLS.... GETTING UNDER OUR DESKS AND COVERING OUR HEADS WITH OUR ARMS. ::)

We did that too. It was really a big deal being that we lived in Florida, and near a SAC base (McCoy AFB now Orlando International).

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 08:40:59 PM »
 :(…….I was in first grade, have vague memories of school being suspended and teachers crying, but it was confusing because I couldn’t quite understand it all. But it got REALLY scary for me when I saw my parents after arriving home. Mama was crying and Daddy had a VERY concerned look on his face.

I am three days short on the one year anniversary of losing my mother. Normally, I would talk to her about important political milestones like JFK’s assassination. Sadly, that won’t happen anymore. :(

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 08:52:21 PM »
My senior year of high school. I stayed home to gather pecan for a farmer in order to buy my girlfriend a Christmas gift.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 10:14:06 AM »
I was minus 4 years old.

I was 8 1/2 months old when his brother was killed.

A LOT OF FOLKS FROM YOUR GENERATION AND YOUNGER REALLY HAVE NO APPRECIATION FOR WHERE OUR NATION WAS DURING THE 1960s.  WE WERE ALL IDILIC AND NAIVE EVEN IN THE MIDST OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS DEMONSTRATIONS AND RIOTS. JFK's ASSASSINATION REALLY SHAPED THE POLITICAL CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE NATION, AS WELL AS MYSELF.  I DIDN'T KNOW WHO MALCOM X WAS THEN BUT I LATER FOUND OUT HE WAS MURDERED IN FEBRUARY 1964.  ...AND A MERE FIVE YEARS LATER AFTER JFK's DEATH; I WAS A HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR AND WITHIN THE SPAN OF A FEW MONTHS IN 1968, MLK AND RFK WERE KILLED...... AND I REMEMBER HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS, GUYS I HAD PRACTICED AGAINST AS A JV FOOTBALL AND LACROSSE PLAYER WERE COMING HOME FROM VIETNAM DEAD AND MISSING LIMBS AND BADLY MANGLED.  IT WAS A TRADITION AT MY HIGH SCHOOL IN BALTIMORE THAT GRADUATES WOULD COME BACK IN THEIR CRISP MILITARY UNIFORMS, WITHOUT THEIR BIG AFROS WE ALL THEN SPORTED, IN UNIFORMS AND COME UP ON STAGE TO BE RECOGNIZED DURING THE CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION FESTIVITIES.  TO SEE SO MANY OF THEM WHO I KNEW VERY WELL AND WANTED TO BE LIKE IN THEIR SITUATIONS PAINED AND TERRIFIED ME.  I JUST KNEW WE WERE GOING TO WAR .... OR WOULD BE NUKED AT ANY MOMENT BY THE SOVIETS.  THOSE GENERATIONS WHO CAME AFTER US HAVE ALMOST NOTHING TO COMPARE WITH WHAT WE EXPERIENCED BACK THEN.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 10:22:13 AM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 10:20:01 AM »
Marylin Monroe was a mofo
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 10:25:55 AM »
Marylin Monroe was a mofo

I BARELY KNEW WHAT SEX WAS THEN, BUT THAT WOMAN GOT RISE IN MY PANTS, FOR SURE.  I REMEMBER WATCHING HER SING "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" TO PRESIDENT KENNEDY AND NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW THAT COULD EVEN BE ON TV, SHE IN A DRESS THAT LEFT ALMOST NOTHING TO THE IMAGINATION.  ;D

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 10:27:49 AM »
JFK's Assassination Remembered in Historic Photos, Videos on Anniversary (newsweek.com)

WHERE WERE YOU ON THAT FATEFUL DAY?

I was at Morgan State College (now Morgan State University). My room mate told me President Kennedy had been shot. Most of gathered around the TV in the lounge room and followed the reports. I was preparing for a swim meet against Hampton Institute (now Hampton University). The meet was scheduled for Nov. 23. It was decided by the CIAA HQ. to hold the swim meet. I won three races.

By the way, you would not have been a Kennedy (JFK) supporter with your current cultural, economic and political ideological prospective.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 10:29:57 AM »
JFK's Assassination Remembered in Historic Photos, Videos on Anniversary (newsweek.com)

I was at Morgan State College (now Morgan State University). My room mate told me President Kennedy had been shot. Most of gathered around the TV in the lounge room and followed the reports. I was preparing for a swim meet against Hampton Institute (now Hampton University). The meet was scheduled for Nov. 23. It was decided by the CIAA HQ. to hold the swim meet. I won three races.

By the way, you would not have been a Kennedy (JFK) supporter with your current cultural, economic and political ideological prospective.

ph--k YOU.  YOU ONLY KNOW OF ME WHAT I CHOOSE TO POST IN THIS FORUM.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 10:32:36 AM »

ph--k YOU.  YOU ONLY KNOW OF ME WHAT I CHOOSE TO POST IN THIS FORUM.

I stand by what I posted. Your ass would not have been a Kennedy supporter based on you cultural, economic and political philosophy and ideology. You GD IDIOT.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule