News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Eddie George and Clarence McKinney are on board with all-TSU showdown  (Read 215 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
The two schools met with a degree of regularity from the 1950s through the early 1980s, with the last matchup occurring in 1982...
https://hbcusports.com/2022/11/22/eddie-george-and-clarence-mckinney-are-on-board-with-all-tsu-showdown/
HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - MLK

“There’s the philosophical question of living in a regime that doesn’t believe I am a fully autonomous human with the power to make decisions about myself.” - Elizabeth Eager

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GRRRrrr!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie George and Clarence McKinney are on board with all-TSU showdown
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 11:40:24 AM »
Used to be a regular rivalry between the 2 TSU's back in the day when TSU [Nashville] played an independent football schedule. Joining the OVC in football kinda killed some of that.  I just wonder if they will continue playing Jackson State on a home-n-home basis at some point?

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 12:48:13 PM »
JT……about the ONLY thing you can be assured of concerning Tenn State football right now is that it is in a complete state of flux.  :shrug:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think scheduling the Swac TSU will generate ANY appreciable interest from Tn State’s fan base. The Swac TSU is as alien to Tn State’s fan base as the OVC TSU would be to folks in Houston. :shrug:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 12:56:51 PM »
Wrong! That's the other thing you can be assured of. TnST fans will come out to see "ANY" hbcu game. As I've stated several times MVSU triple their conference games avg attendance. Hell D2 Lane double it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:54:11 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GRRRrrr!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 02:11:35 PM »
time will surely tell

Offline CLeB-28

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tsunaa.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 08:52:55 PM »
The date is wrong.

We (Texas Southern) last played Tennessee State November 21, 1998 at Hale Stadium on their campus and not 1992 like the article states.

I was there. It was phrased, "Hale to the Hole". I actually have the t-shirt boxed up somewhere.

The score was 28-14 with Tennessee State on top.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 12:03:24 AM by CLeB-28 »
Sea Sick... Waterbound... Can‘t Swim... About to Drown... In the OCEAN!!!  What!!! What!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule