News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Deion Sanders pushing Jackson State for pre-New Year’s Day Bowl  (Read 803 times)

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Deion Sanders pushing Jackson State for pre-New Year’s Day Bowl
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
My question is, if he is so pro HBCU as he says he is, why is he forsaking the CB to play in a PWI bowl?????

More money and exposure, but I don't know of any FBS Bowl Committee that will allow such to happen.  In that case, they might as well open the floodgates for all FCS programs to play in a pre-New Year's Day Bowl game.

Offline OgRamBall3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »
Prime is talking about a bowl in addition to the CB not forsaking the CB.  That is what I got from the interview with the reporters this week.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2022, 03:49:44 PM »
My question is, if he is so pro HBCU as he says he is, why is he forsaking the CB to play in a PWI bowl?????

More money and exposure, but I don't know of any FBS Bowl Committee that will allow such to happen.  In that case, they might as well open the floodgates for all FCS programs to play in a pre-New Year's Day Bowl game.
Understood but it makes him seem like a hypocrite and a bullchitter IMHO.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2022, 03:51:43 PM »
Prime is talking about a bowl in addition to the CB not forsaking the CB.  That is what I got from the interview with the reporters this week.
So, if the winners of the two HBCU conferences are under contract to go to the CB, how is that logically and physically possible????
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »

One good thing that might come from this is that it might help the SWAC Commissioner make the argument that the conference should play on the FBS level when it comes to football.

Offline colapanther13

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 05:03:05 PM »
I love Deion being a trailblazer and all, but he REALLY don't want that smoke from a 6-6  Power Five School.

Stay in your lane bro. You need to beat some top FCS teams that you seem to not want to play... :tiptoe:

I have to respectfully disagree. I think JSU would be very much capable of beating a 6-6 P5 team that 1) doesn’t want to be there and 2) is missing half their starters because they opted not to play. Playing in the smaller bowls mean absolutely nothing to the big schools. It would be JSU’s to lose, IMO.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 06:51:01 PM »
Coach Prime want more money to build his program. He could get 1 million from the CB and 1 million from the second bowl game.  As mentioned Prime knows Jerry Jones and there is a bowl game or two in Dallas. Prime mentioned how well we travel. If JSU makes a bowl game, it will be a sell out.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2022, 09:05:46 PM »

Or Both.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
:lol:

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2022, 06:17:12 AM »
The cities of Memphis, Mobile, Shreveport, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Nashville would love to see Jackson State come to town.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »
I am a Coach Prime fan (especially  since he's gonna help me win a bet against Blue Dog) but if he wants to play in an fbs bowl then he should schedule fbs opponents.

For fcs I'd be interested in a rule change that said if you have 2 or more wins vs fbs competition then you could become bowl eligible for a lower tier bowl.

No to playing in 2 bowl games.
Crabs to the left
Crabs to the right
Crabs everywhere!

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2022, 07:24:44 PM »
The SWAC needs to continue to drive more money through their revenue sharing model and have member schools put it directly back into operations.  I know it may be far fetched, but I would love to see revenue and expenses at a minimum of a school like Louisiana-Monroe and the SWAC move to FBS football in 2032.  Coach Prime may be gone, but his impact would've been felt.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
Do people even know the NCAA guidelines regarding playoffs and bowls?

Offline colapanther13

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2022, 09:30:13 PM »
Do people even know the NCAA guidelines regarding playoffs and bowls?

Yeah, I know it’s not even legal. Just something to talk about since HBCU football is winding down and good college basketball doesn’t really begin until conference play.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule