News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: UNO Students Vote Against a Student Fee to Bring Back Sports  (Read 236 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
UNO Students Vote Against a Student Fee to Bring Back Sports
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
Students at the University of New Orleans voted against a $300-per-semester fee that would have allowed the university to start several new sports programs, according to a Wednesday press release from the university’s athletics department...
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2022/11/11/uno-students-vote-against-student-experience-fee

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:39:46 PM by klg14 »
HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - MLK

“There’s the philosophical question of living in a regime that doesn’t believe I am a fully autonomous human with the power to make decisions about myself.” - Elizabeth Eager

Offline KnuckDogg

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: UNO Students Vote Against a Student Fee to Bring Back Sports
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 08:56:10 PM »
Interesting. If it had of passed, what level would UNO compete? On a side note, I didn't even know there was a UNO; I thought there was just Tulane and Xavier. I see they have a Loyola U as well as Dillard and Holy Cross,,,,,
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 10:08:33 PM »
Interesting. If it had of passed, what level would UNO compete? On a side note, I didn't even know there was a UNO; I thought there was just Tulane and Xavier. I see they have a Loyola U as well as Dillard and Holy Cross,,,,,

UNO has an enrollment of 15,500.  It used to be in the LSU System, which was LSU at New Orlean or UNO.  It's now part of the UL System.  UNO's sport teams participates in the Southland Conference, which I'm sure if they had a football team, they would be DI FCS.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 10:22:51 PM »
Also, Southern University at New Orleans or SUNO is located in New Orleans.  It's a four year institution as well.

Offline School Old

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 07:23:19 PM »

I did.  There was a FAMU basketball HC coach who got a HC job there in 1983.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule