News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NSU! Seriously?  (Read 716 times)

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
NSU! Seriously?
« on: November 07, 2022, 09:09:33 PM »
Saw this espn score.

Ladies:

VUL 19
NSU 125

:o
Crabs to the left
Crabs to the right
Crabs everywhere!

Offline KnuckDogg

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NSU! Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 07:57:32 AM »
Saw this espn score.

Ladies:

VUL 19
NSU 125

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 08:49:15 AM »
Not even mad at the Spartans.

VUL needs to quit scheduling out of their league for $$$$

Losing is one thing. Getting beat like you stole something....another!

IJS.....

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 09:33:18 AM »

IJS.....

It's Black folks thinking that they are helping other Black folks.  I think the Virginia Baptist State Convention (VBSC) headquarters is in Norfolk, VA, which is over VUL.  They need to build-up their academic programs first and then use athletic programs to grow its enrollment.  What they are currently trying to do is butthole backwards.

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 10:56:11 AM »

IJS.....

It's Black folks thinking that they are helping other Black folks.  I think the Virginia Baptist State Convention (VBSC) headquarters is in Norfolk, VA, which is over VUL.  They need to build-up their academic programs first and then use athletic programs to grow its enrollment.  What they are currently trying to do is butthole backwards.

You are exactly right. You would think that they would be embarrassed that this is a reflection of their association with this, but it seems to me that they aren't overly concerned with the image of it.  :shrug:
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 11:08:45 AM »

IJS.....

You are exactly right. You would think that they would be embarrassed that this is a reflection of their association with this, but it seems to me that they aren't overly concerned with the image of it.  :shrug:

What's really embarrassing is seeing a 100 plus year old HBCU in the same city with Liberty University that's only a few decades old.  The stark contrast of the two is completely embarrassing.  The University of Lynchburg (formerly Lynchburg College) is also in the same the city and it is way ahead of VUL without a football program.  Like the now defunct St. Paul College in Lawrenceville, VA, these private Christian controlled HBCUs don't seem to get it. Like I stated before, way too much negro tradition and religion and not enough self-preservation.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 12:00:05 PM »
JAG89, you do know they're trying to reopen St. Pauls in VA. I think that's a tall order for a small school that has been struggling for a very long time. I know some of their alumni are working to get reopened.

that's all...   :shrug:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »
Someone is pimping those students at VUL and sadly alot of HBCUs are tricks cause they are the go to homecoming and easy win. :tiptoe:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:09 PM »
If your school has played VUL in any sport I don't think you have the moral high ground to comment on NSU in this thread. Sorry, not sorry. :tiptoe:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 04:44:51 PM »
If your school has played VUL in any sport I don't think you have the moral high ground to comment on NSU in this thread. Sorry, not sorry. :tiptoe:

I agree. I think all DI HBCUs thinking that they are helping VUL need to be ashame.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 05:13:48 PM »
JAG89, you do know they're trying to reopen St. Pauls in VA. I think that's a tall order for a small school that has been struggling for a very long time. I know some of their alumni are working to get reopened.

Is St Paul's College still owned by the Board of Trustees? Is it owned by the Episcopal Church?

St Augustine's University wanted to buy them at one point.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 05:17:21 PM »

Is St Paul's College still owned by the Board of Trustees? Is it owned by the Episcopal Church?

St Augustine's University wanted to buy them at one point.

December 6, 2017

Officials in Brunswick County and the Town of Lawrenceville are in the dark concerning the future of the Saint Paul’s College campus, which was sold last week to a Chinese-backed company for $2.5 million.

The vacated campus of the Historically Black University and College in Lawrenceville was sold by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, a federal agency that took over the assets of Saint Paul’s to cover unpaid pension obligations. The buyer listed on the deed, recorded Monday, Nov. 27, is Xinhua Education Investment Corporation.

https://www.sovanow.com/articles/with_sale_whats_next_for_st-_pauls_college/

Offline Blackwell

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 06:54:44 PM »
Are teams still scheduling Carver Bible College?

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2022, 07:59:57 PM »
 :'(
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 08:49:51 AM »

;D  Que, actually, I believe folks do have cause to comment.  Not every alum, fan of schools who has played VUL wanted them on their schedules.  BUT, if you think its a good thing to schedule them for your homecoming victory versus an NCAA team, yeah, I agree with you, bro.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule