News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: 10/24/2022 Frist Regional Rankings for Division II  (Read 766 times)

Offline skegeeu97

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 10/24/2022 Frist Regional Rankings for Division II
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 10:46:57 AM »
Although this is the first time it has been done this way, it gives the experienced and novice person alike a chance to see the teams that they are looking at.

One thing that is crucial for HBCUs with playoff intentions, is that HBCUs are going to have to start scheduling PWI OOC out of conference/in -region opponents and the top teams in the SIAC/CIAA are going to have to start scheduling one another as well. We are in the same region, and we are going to cancel each other out either way. We have to help ourselves improve our SOS. We already have this championship game (not gonna rehash my disdain for it).

In using Albany State as an example; as much as SOME ALUMNI loved playing FAMU, I would have rather had a fellow D2 opponent to boost SOS win, lose or draw. Playing FAMU got us nothing, the game does not even count when it needs to matter.

I say this to say you learn the system and play the system. I give kudos, to Albany State, Bowie State, Fort Valley State and Miles for stepping out and playing PWI teams from OOC.

I would add Tuskegee to your list - West Alabama has been a consistent OOC game (home/home) for the past few years..
Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary.  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 12:37:31 PM »
:o I guess Albany's OCC pushed them past BC, who beat them at home.   VUU is on the bubble and the CIAA could possibly be without a participant if someone beats them. :shrug:  It is refreshing to see that the top two teams in the region are HBCUs. :clap:

NCAA Division II
@NCAADII

New this year for #NCAAD2 sports with regional rankings, schools will be listed as under consideration in alphabetical order for the first ranking of the season.

https://twitter.com/NCAADII
:nod: :nod:

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 02:22:29 PM »
Rameses, please don't rehash the championship debate. You know my disdain for this as well.  :lol:
At this point, we all should know the system, but unfortunately, we have some overseeing our Athletics Department doesn't have a clue nor try to find one. If you going to play the FAMUs of the world, you better have scheduled some PWIs to balance out that SOS.

that's all...

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »
Although this is the first time it has been done this way, it gives the experienced and novice person alike a chance to see the teams that they are looking at.

One thing that is crucial for HBCUs with playoff intentions, is that HBCUs are going to have to start scheduling PWI OOC out of conference/in -region opponents and the top teams in the SIAC/CIAA are going to have to start scheduling one another as well. We are in the same region, and we are going to cancel each other out either way. We have to help ourselves improve our SOS. We already have this championship game (not gonna rehash my disdain for it).

In using Albany State as an example; as much as SOME ALUMNI loved playing FAMU, I would have rather had a fellow D2 opponent to boost SOS win, lose or draw. Playing FAMU got us nothing, the game does not even count when it needs to matter.

I say this to say you learn the system and play the system. I give kudos, to Albany State, Bowie State, Fort Valley State and Miles for stepping out and playing PWI teams from OOC.
Playing FAMU is a business decision.  It's hard not to play money games when you are not putting butts in the seats unless it's homecoming. There is no money to support the program in the playoffs so revenue has to come from somewhere. :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 10:28:05 AM »

[/quote]Playing FAMU is a business decision.  It's hard not to play money games when you are not putting butts in the seats unless it's homecoming. There is no money to support the program in the playoffs so revenue has to come from somewhere. :shrug:
[/quote]

I would normally so ok, but that is not an Albany State problem. As a program, historically we do not play "money games" or participate in a bunch of "classics" we've been lucky in that area. That game was to appease old school alumni.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 11:31:38 AM »
:o I guess Albany's OCC pushed them past BC, who beat them at home.   VUU is on the bubble and the CIAA could possibly be without a participant if someone beats them. :shrug:  It is refreshing to see that the top two teams in the region are HBCUs. :clap:

NCAA Division II
@NCAADII

New this year for #NCAAD2 sports with regional rankings, schools will be listed as under consideration in alphabetical order for the first ranking of the season.

https://twitter.com/NCAADII

lol

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 03:15:18 PM »
The first regional rankings of 2022......

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d2/regional-rankings

SUPER REGION TWO         
Albany State (Georgia)   6-1   6-1   :clap:
Benedict   8-0   8-0   :clap:
Delta State   7-0   6-0
Fort Valley State   7-1[   7-1   :clap:
Lenoir-Rhyne   6-2   6-1
Newberry   7-1   7-1
Tusculum   7-1   7-1
Virginia Union   7-0   7-0   :clap:
West Florida   5-1   4-1
Wingate   7-1   7-1

I have no idea if my old method works anymore, but here is my prediction (as of last weeks games):

1. Delta State
2. Benedict
3. West Florida
4. Virginia Union
5. Wingate
6. Fort Valley St
7. Albany State
8. Tusculum
9. Lenoir Rhyne
10.  Fayetteville State
(11). Newberry

Newberry and Fayetteville are separated by 3/10ths of a point.  But FSU has a slightly stronger SOS. 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 03:54:45 PM »
The first regional rankings of 2022......

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d2/regional-rankings

SUPER REGION TWO         
Albany State (Georgia)   6-1   6-1   :clap:
Benedict   8-0   8-0   :clap:
Delta State   7-0   6-0
Fort Valley State   7-1[   7-1   :clap:
Lenoir-Rhyne   6-2   6-1
Newberry   7-1   7-1
Tusculum   7-1   7-1
Virginia Union   7-0   7-0   :clap:
West Florida   5-1   4-1
Wingate   7-1   7-1

I have no idea if my old method works anymore, but here is my prediction (as of last weeks games):

1. Delta State
2. Benedict
3. West Florida
4. Virginia Union
5. Wingate
6. Fort Valley St
7. Albany State
8. Tusculum
9. Lenoir Rhyne
10.  Fayetteville State
(11). Newberry

Newberry and Fayetteville are separated by 3/10ths of a point.  But FSU has a slightly stronger SOS.

I don't see three teams going from the SIAC.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule