News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: So...AGGIES  (Read 1323 times)

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: So...AGGIES
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »
...."Aggies expected to beat NCCU...after all, that's what we do...and central has taken an "L" from A&T for the past 6 years...but it is a rivalry game.

???

How you come up with 6 losses? You had a 4 game winning streak starting in 2017 and ended 2 weeks ago.
You and others like you need to review the entire series record. Each school has had winning streaks. But the arrogance really comes from when you dominated us while we were in the CIAA.

As I've stated I looked forward to that game regardless, but make no mistake when we are on the same level y'all ain't dominating no one.

Dang ! Y'all real sensitive today...so it's 4 games...I wasn't checking series win loss records. I just know A&T beat NCCU a lot of times...by a lot of points  ;D

It's what we expect.

The birds caught the Aggies slipping this year, but regular loses and coming in behind A&T is what being an eagle is all about.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
...."Aggies expected to beat NCCU...after all, that's what we do...and central has taken an "L" from A&T for the past 6 years...but it is a rivalry game.

???

How you come up with 6 losses? You had a 4 game winning streak starting in 2017 and ended 2 weeks ago.
You and others like you need to review the entire series record. Each school has had winning streaks. But the arrogance really comes from when you dominated us while we were in the CIAA.

As I've stated I looked forward to that game regardless, but make no mistake when we are on the same level y'all ain't dominating no one.

Thanks brother. When they play "good teams" on their level they lose about half the time.

You know Ram55, WSSU can always test that theory by moving up.  :snicker

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 02:49:34 PM »

???

:lol: :lol:.....my man, M&G, ain't backing down, and getting ready to go HAM on a mofo if he has to.

Well, at least we know ONE thing.  Those who thought the A&T/Central rivalry would diminish with the pups "nomadic" search for conference membership better think again.  :lol:

Damn right! No love lost between NCA&T and nccu.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
If Coach Washington goes 0-5 going into the Bye week, that seat is going to be on fire.

In fact, I strongly believe we'll have an interim coach for the Edward Waters game if that happens.

Also, he has a 12-month buyout at his current pay rate.

So don't sit here and think he's not feeling the pressure or our Admin won't pull the plug even though he signed an extension in July 2021. The last thing the school needs is alumni and fans to turn away from the team as they're heading to the CAA.

Keep thinking that.  :popcorn:

I hope we don't see that, nobody wants 0-5 heading in the the bye...but I'm sure he is feeling the pressure for sure. I sensed a bit of unease at the press conference on Monday. It's not if you lose, but how you lose...and Aggies aren't happy with the play of the team at the moment. No matter how the season turns out, he will have to demonstrate that he and his staff have the program headed in the right direction.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 02:55:58 PM »
If A&T wins the rest of their games, things will be in good shape.  I think we get on the good foot this weekend.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »
One person on the panel mentioned that A&T maybe considering removing Washington before you guys transition to the CAA. What say you Aggies?

that's all...   :popcorn:

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 03:53:18 PM »
One person on the panel mentioned that A&T maybe considering removing Washington before you guys transition to the CAA. What say you Aggies?

that's all...   :popcorn:
Honestly YOGI, I don’t know…but I wouldn’t doubt it. I will say that many fans were not pleased with our staff last season…and again, it wasn’t just that we lost…it was how we lost. The team was ill prepared and out coached…and it showed on the field.

Beating central and respectable loses to NDSU and Duke Were the expectation at this point in the season.

His survival will depend   how the team performs this year. Formal public announcements will be made by the end of this year on our finalized athletics plan…with fund raising and facilities enhancements shortly thereafter…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 05:18:18 PM »
We lost alot of experienced coordinators and assistants over the last few years.  That maybe an issue as well.

RB coach Shawn Gibbs ... now head coach at Fort Valley State

LB coach Denzel Jones ... now defensive coordinatorat  Fort Valley State

Courtney Coard, DC ... DC and D Line coach at North Carolina Central University

Joe Powell, Strength and Conditioning coach ...  to the Atlanta Braves. 

Special teams coach Dominic Frescura (Grad Asst) ... to industry NAVCO, procurment associate

https://247sports.com/college/ncat/Article/north-carolina-state-university-ncat-hbcu-coach-connell-maynor-alabama-184598204/

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 07:46:42 PM »
aggies seem to be spending a lot of $$$$ lately
Nomadic conference moves, now discussing buying out coaching contracts

y’all must be selling weed on one of your farms.   :popcorn:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline KnuckDogg

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:49 PM »

:lmao: A profitable business indeed! :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 09:59:57 PM »
I don’t post often, but when  some idiotic post come from some pups  who post without researching their arguments.   The series since 2014 it is 4-4 till this year. NCCU won 2014,2015,2016,2022.A&T won 2017,2018,2019,  and 2021.
The difference is we realize that the other team has scholarships too. So young pups get you head out you butts.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:05:06 PM by Rich Eagle »
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things".
  MEAC football 2014,2015,2016
MEAC2017 ,2018,2019
MEAC regular season champs 2019-2020,2013-14,2014-2015,2016-2017

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 11:17:26 PM »
Your name was invoked the other night in a Twitter discussion about the future of your football team and your head coach or lack thereof, in Sam Washington. Many on the panel discussion stated that Aggies are in over their heads with the moves they've made from leaving the MEAC to the Big South and now the CAA. They mention that Sam Washington wasn't in agreement with leaving the MEAC because it pretty much shielded him from his coaching inequities. They raise the issue that the Aggies was the most penalized and undisciplined team while in the MEAC and recall the Florida A&M fight in 2019. They feel that if the Aggies doesn't win against Bryant or Campbell, there's going to be some serious talks about the future.

I found the dialogue quite interesting.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

No doubt we're going to struggle for a minute in the CAA. In fact, we've already been told to expect that by our leadership. By year three we'll start seeing progress in selected sports.

As for Coach Washington I can't envision any scenario were he's terminated before season is over. Hopefully he'll get things turned around quickly. 
Crabs to the left
Crabs to the right
Crabs everywhere!

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 01:14:39 AM »
There are a lot of confused aggies these days. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 07:16:38 AM »
There are a lot of confused aggies these days.
:lol:……..dude, you would be too if your school was changing conference affiliation every two years or so. Aggies fans have GOT to be wondering, when will this all end?  :shrug:

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 07:22:43 AM »

:o :lol: :o………..be nice, M&G. But, hey, all of these athletic issues have to be financed SOME kind of way.  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule