News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Republicans told to quiet their attacks on the FBI because the info on Trump...  (Read 231 times)

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Republicans told to quiet their attacks on the FBI because the info on Trump could be damaging: report​​​
Sarah K. Burris
August 11, 2022

After President Donald Trump's home on his golf club's property Mar-a-Lago was searched by the FBI, Republican allies took to social media and conservative news outlets to attack the FBI and question whether there was a conspiracy afoot to bring down the GOP leader. But now Republicans are being told to quiet those complaints.

According to the New York Times, GOP leaders have been warned by allies of Trump's to calm their aggressive attacks on Attorney General Merrick Garland, the Department of Justice and federal law enforcement. The Trump insiders say "it is possible that more damaging information about Mr. Trump related to the search will eventually become public."

Within hours of the news being announced, Trump took to his social media site to rant that he was the victim of a "witch hunt." His son, Eric Trump, however, told Fox's Sean Hannity that the FBI had been negotiating with Trump for months to get the documents back. There was a concern that the top-secret information wasn't in a secure location on the property.

The report said that the Justice Department was concerned that the documents were of such a dramatically sensitive nature that they were forced to act. The information backs up what Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said two days ago when he explained to MSNBC that there was an urgency in the case.

"I think part of the urgency here is that Trump has very poor counterintelligence hygiene," he continued. "He blabs secrets all the time. He is not careful about this kind of information. We also know Mar-a-Lago has been a target for foreign governments trying to get access to information. There was a trespasser several years ago who was arrested there, who was believed to be linked to the Chinese intelligence service. So I think that they want to make sure that they get these out of an unsecure location and out of potential hands that shouldn't have it."

It was reported in 2019 that Chinese businesswoman Yujing Zhang was arrested at Mar-a-Lago with four mobile phones, a laptop computer, an external hard drive, and a thumb drive that “contained malicious software,” the court documents said. She'd made it through at least five Secret Service agents. She's not a sanctioned spy, however.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:09:58 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Too late, they can't walk back their comments. Lil Marco and Rand I got my ass kicked by my neighbor had a lot to say.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Too late, they can't walk back their comments. Lil Marco and Rand I got my ass kicked by my neighbor had a lot to say.
:no:......bruh, the fact that these two clowns are actually US senators is an embarrassment and a disgrace.  But their positions are SOLELY a result of folks in their respective states who say they are too busy and concerned to be bothered, and allow these fools to get re-elected time after time. 

BOTH of these fools are up for re-election this November.  We'll see what happens.  :shrug:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Be careful what you ask for

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Be careful what you ask for

:popcorn:
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Garland called Trump’s bluff.  :lol:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Garland called Trump’s bluff.  :lol:
:nod:……..yep. That creep has until 3pm ET on 8/12 to file a response to Garland’s court motion to unseal the search warrant, the underlying affidavit(s), and all other documents flowing from the 8/8 search.

Either way, Trump is screwed. 👎

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Trump responds to Merrick Garland by raging at Obama's presidential library
Sarah K. Burris

Former President Donald Trump attacked Barack Obama on Thursday after Attorney General Merrick Garland made a statement announcing that he plans to unseal the search warrant issued against Mar-a-Lago.

Garland said that normally the department wouldn't have said anything and simply spoken through their court filings but in this case he wanted to make it clear that they made every effort to obtain the documents requested and were unable to obtain them from the former president.

Garland did not explain the reason for the search, but stressed there was "probable cause" and said he had asked a court to make the case's documents public.

"I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter," he told reporters. "The department does not take such a decision lightly."

Trump responded to the press briefing not by attacking Garland or proclaiming his innocence. Instead, Trump attacked Obama.

"I continue to ask, what happened to the 33 Million pages of documents taken to Chicago by President Obama?" Trump raged on his social media site. "The Fake News Media refuses to talk about that. They want it CANCELED!"

Trump appears to be referring to records shipped to Chicago for Obama's presidential library.

"As was reported back in late 2016, the Obama team was transferring the records to Chicago through the National Archives, which legally owns the documents once a president leaves office," the Washington Post wrote in a fact-checking article earlier this week. "Once the documents ultimately reached a warehouse in Chicago, the Obama Foundation was then due to pay the National Archives and Record Administration to digitize the documents. The lengthiness of that process aside, there isn’t the faintest hint of legal violations."

Click link at top for the rest of the story...
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :no:……so in other words, this creep doesn’t have a response to AG Garland. The tactic now is to shift attention to President Obama. Yeah, always blame and try to smear the nucca. That strategy has worked for CENTURIES in this country.  >:(

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
NOT A PEEP FROM THE GOPers.  WE MAY HAVE AN INDICTMENT AGAINST THE EX-POTUS FOR TREASON. :popcorn:

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule