News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Foundations transfer Ebony, Jet photo archives to Getty, Smithsonian  (Read 68 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
The Ford, Getty Trust, MacArthur, and Mellon foundations have transferred the acclaimed Johnson Publishing Company archive to the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture and to the Getty Research Institute, a program of the Getty Trust...
https://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/foundations-transfer-ebony-jet-photo-archives-to-getty-smithsonian
HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - MLK

“There’s the philosophical question of living in a regime that doesn’t believe I am a fully autonomous human with the power to make decisions about myself.” - Elizabeth Eager

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: Foundations transfer Ebony, Jet photo archives to Getty, Smithsonian
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 04:22:58 PM »
Heard about this on NPR this morning. :nod:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Foundations transfer Ebony, Jet photo archives to Getty, Smithsonian
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 08:05:49 PM »
I'm glad its being preserved but damn Linda squandered a great brand. If they'd pivoted to virtual  earlier the company could still be around in it original state, but she wanted to play Chi town  socialite and squandered it away. :brickwall:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule