News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Six dead  (Read 776 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Six dead
« on: August 05, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:19:04 AM by Capler »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Six dead
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 10:59:02 AM »
Cap……this is a CLEAR example of the old adage, when your time is up, there is nothing you’ll be able to do about it.

Btw, has there been ANY reporting explaining why this gal SPED against a red light in her Mercedes, causing this horrific tragedy?  :no:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 01:05:42 PM »
That was horrific. Some are saying online the driver held out a phone to live stream the impending crash.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 01:11:36 PM »
 :no:
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 01:13:18 PM »
That was horrific. Some are saying online the driver held out a phone to live stream the impending crash.
???.......is the suggestion that she INTENTIONALLY caused the crash?  :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 01:23:11 PM »
The worst part is that you can be out minding your own business, doing everything right and this happens to you. They say flying is much safer than driving or taking the train.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 05:37:39 PM »
I used to live not far from where this happened at the intersection of La Brea and Slauson Avenues.  From what I read, she was heading south on La Brea toward Slauson or basically heading to Inglewood, CA. The direction she was travelling, it is a steep down hill grade.  The article states that she was doing somewhere between 80 to 100 mph just before impact. At the speed she was travelling, her Mercedes was like a bullet when it impacted those other vehicles, which is probably why she survived while five orher people plus a pregnant woman died.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-08-04/windsor-hills-fiery-crash-kills-multiple-people-pregnant-woman%3f_amp=true
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:47:46 PM by JAG89 »

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 01:42:19 AM »
So, here's some follow-up. The young lady who caused the crash is a co-worker of a friend of mine's. She (and my friend) is a traveling nurse. The young lady was working a shift at UCLA's hospital. She and her boyfriend were on the phone while she was at the hospital. Apparently, the boyfriend broke up with her over the phone and she stormed out the hospital, not finishing her shift, and jumped in the car and sped away. Fifteen minutes later she was flying down La Brea.........down that big hill no less......at 80 mph because she was upset and STILL arguing with the boyfriend. Now, an entire family, PLUS two other people are dead because of this dummy. Her name is Nicole Linton she's 37 years old and yes...........................................unfortunately she IS Black. :no:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:08:27 AM by Ivan »
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 07:34:26 AM »
Oh wow!  ::)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • TigerPRIDE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »
 :no:  another senseless killing, albeit an accident, but one that was totally avoidable.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 03:39:35 PM »
:no:  another senseless killing, albeit an accident, but one that was totally avoidable.

Over some stupid drama BS. Why can't understand that there are billions of other choices on this planet for mates instead of doing dumb isht over one?
THIS is why I'm a huge advocate of emotional detachment. I'm sorry, but I'm not stressing over what I can't control. :nono2:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 03:52:04 PM »

Over some stupid drama BS. Why can't understand that there are billions of other choices on this planet for mates instead of doing dumb isht over one?
THIS is why I'm a huge advocate of emotional detachment. I'm sorry, but I'm not stressing over what I can't control. :nono2:

I can understand a young gal going crazy over some d!ck, but she should have been over it by now.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 11:54:11 PM »
It's Los Angeles.  For some strange reason, a few get out there and lose their minds.  Halle Berry was involved in a similar accident, where she ran a stop light, T-bone a vehicle, and kept going or a hit and run. Luckily, no one died in the accident caused by Halle Berry. Also, Brandy was driving a Land Rover on California freeways when she struck a car from behind at 65 mph that killed a woman.  As my attorney friend (Peter Moore -RIP) in Los Angeles would say, "it's completely out of control here."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-may-11-me-29022-story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/music/music-news/brandy-involved-in-fatal-california-car-crash-1055732/amp/

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 01:53:00 AM »
She was charged with 6 counts of murder charges and 5 counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.  She's being held on a $9 million dollar bail.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicole-lorraine-linton-crash-los-angeles-murder-charges/

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 03:37:53 AM »
It seems like on-going mental health issues will be her argument.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule