News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: South Carolina man killed after 11-foot alligator pulled him into pond  (Read 212 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GRRRrrr!!!
    • View Profile
https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/south-carolina-man-killed-after-11-foot-alligator-pulled-him-into-pond/

:no: HEYAL NAW. Aint going anywhere they have
gators, crocodiles, sharks...KARENs.  IJS.
   :no:

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Gators can be found north of Bryan/College Station, Texas, North Louisiana and further north of the Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia.  A huge one was caught in Lake Eufala, which borders SE Alabama and SW Georgia (article).

One should watch where and when they walk.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Those who live in those areas know to be careful around ponds and rivers. Perhaps he wasn't from there? During all those years I was on South Louisiana I saw plenty of gators and never got close enough to a shore for this to even happen.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GRRRrrr!!!
    • View Profile
Ivan I know in Louisiana they do those swamp tours on that boat with the big fan [I don't know what they call those obviously]. Cuzzins tried to talk me in to going on one years ago when we did a cuzzins get away. HEYAL-2-DA-NAW!!!  First of all, I don't trust those rednecks. 2nd of all, I don't trust gators, crocs, whateverDeHeyal they are.  :blush:

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Those who live in those areas know to be careful around ponds and rivers. Perhaps he wasn't from there? During all those years I was on South Louisiana I saw plenty of gators and never got close enough to a shore for this to even happen.
Actually he was a resident in the gated community. An associate of mine that’s resides there, said the victim, 75 yoa was weeding, when the attack happened.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Ivan I know in Louisiana they do those swamp tours on that boat with the big fan [I don't know what they call those obviously]. Cuzzins tried to talk me in to going on one years ago when we did a cuzzins get away. HEYAL-2-DA-NAW!!!  First of all, I don't trust those rednecks. 2nd of all, I don't trust gators, crocs, whateverDeHeyal they are.  :blush:

I've been on numerous swamp tours and have been in the swamp on foot. If you're careful you don't have to worry about Gators. It's when you get careless, that tragedy can happen.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GRRRrrr!!!
    • View Profile
Dr. I,  ;D  I will take your word for it

AND PASS ON THE SWAMP TOUR!   :blush:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Growing up we had a swamp at the back of our property with a pond, but I never saw gators. Everything else, though.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Gators are in Huntsville around the Tennessee river. Get caught slipping if you want to.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
From out west.....

----------

A bull bison gored a man near Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park, officials say
By Raja Razek, CNN
Published 12:48 AM EDT, Wed June 29, 2022

(CNN) -  A Colorado man required medical treatment at a hospital after he was gored by a bull bison at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, officials said.

The 34-year-old man was walking with his family on a boardwalk near the Giant Geyser at Old Faithful on Monday when the bull bison charged at the group, according to a news release from the park.

“Stay more than 25 yards (23 m) away from all large animals – bison, elk, bighorn sheep, deer, moose, and coyotes – and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves,” officials warned. “If need be, turn around and go the other way to avoid interacting with a wild animal in proximity.”

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule