News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Dems have a Black male messaging problem according to Roland Martin  (Read 689 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Re: Dems have a Black male messaging problem according to Roland Martin
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »
:no:.......ok, I get it.  The Dems don't have to do a DAMN THING to speak to black male voters.  They can simply rely on various negro appointments they've made already and call it a day.  Black men will come out in DROVES for the Dems this November because, hey, what's the alternative?  :shrug:

Well, as your humble poster has ALREADY stated, the "alternative" is to stay home.  And, yes, I realize that is NOT in our best interests, but folks get tired of being taken for granted.  If Joe and the Dems can run around kissing Joe Manchin's a.z.z, they can certainly ACT like they are interested in the concerns of one half of their most LOYAL constituency.

I honestly don't think the Dems REALLY wanna win this November.  They want to give the APPEARANCE they wanna win, but without any specific overtures to black folks.  Again, bruthas of my generation will turn out as we ALWAYS do.  But bruthas, say, under 40, are pretty much turned off.  Lecture black folks all you want, but somebody better take their a.z.z out of their rear end and really LISTEN to bruthas across America.

Sorry, but I'm tired of black folks - especially bruthas - being patronized.   F DAT!!!  >:(

Well what do you think Biden should say to Black Male voters? 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 01:04:07 PM by Wildman78 »

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2022, 01:07:11 PM »
???^^^sir, your last inquiry was an incomplete sentence.  What are you asking me?

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »

How is that doing anything for young Black men.  They see what voting for democrats have gotten Blacks since the 60s.  They see a democrat calling them super predators and must learn how to heel.  They see an old white man saying basically if you don't vote for him you ain't Black.  They don't need some old white man telling them they ain't Black. 

Young Black men don't think like you and I.  The faster you understand that and see where they are coming from the quicker you will be able to have a positive message for them.  Every Black man isn't like you.  They don't behave like you.  They don't see the world like you do.  You have to accept that fact.

Black men serve in the military. Black men bring discrimination suits in federal courts. Federal Judges make case law that often affects Black men.

Furthermore, if a Black man can't see that the GOP has thrown in with White Supremacists, ain't nothing Biden can say to that Brother. Black federal judges sentence Black men convicted of drug crimes.

I know all Black men don't think like me. However, that truism ain't got nothing to do with the arguments and points I am raising.

Truism: tru·ism
/ˈtro͞oˌiz(ə)m/
noun

a statement that is obviously true and says nothing new or interesting:

Well don't you tell us what these Black men who don't think like me are thinking?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 01:29:09 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2022, 01:14:26 PM »
???^^^sir, your last inquiry was an incomplete sentence.  What are you asking me?

What do you think Biden should say to Black Male voters?

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2022, 01:29:44 PM »

What do you think Biden should say to Black Male voters?
.......well, I think something y mentioned earlier^^^has merit. And that is Joe and/or his surrogates need to have town halls with black men across the country to listen to their concerns.  While job creation has certainly increased under Joe's administration, inflation, high gas costs, health disparities, rotten schools, crime in our neighborhoods, and the backlash against black folks, generally, have ALL taken their toll.  And bruthas need to be REALLY educated about what's at stake in the upcoming midterms.  We have folks vying for power who have ZERO interest in the perfection of a multi-etnic, multi-racial society.  These people are Facsists, and their goal is to relegate blacks and ALL OTHER non-whites to something akin to "second-class" citizenship.

Like Roland Martin, I see ZERO evidence that Jamie (what's his name, DNC chair who ran for senate in SC), although a black male, himself, is even REMOTELY attuned to the detachment that bruthas in this country feel with the Dems right now.  :shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2022, 01:51:20 PM »

How is that doing anything for young Black men.  They see what voting for democrats have gotten Blacks since the 60s.  They see a democrat calling them super predators and must learn how to heel.  They see an old white man saying basically if you don't vote for him you ain't Black.  They don't need some old white man telling them they ain't Black. 

Young Black men don't think like you and I.  The faster you understand that and see where they are coming from the quicker you will be able to have a positive message for them.  Every Black man isn't like you.  They don't behave like you.  They don't see the world like you do.  You have to accept that fact.

Black men serve in the military. Black men bring discrimination suits in federal courts. Federal Judges make case law that often affects Black men.

Furthermore, if a Black man can't see that the GOP has thrown in with White Supremacists, ain't nothing Biden can say to that Brother. Black federal judges sentence Black men convicted of drug crimes.

I know all Black men don't think like me. However, that truism ain't got nothing to do with the arguments and points I am raising.

Truism: tru·ism
/ˈtro͞oˌiz(ə)m/
noun

a statement that is obviously true and says nothing new or interesting:

Well don't you tell us what these Black men who don't think like me are thinking?

How have the GOP thrown in with white supremacists?  Remember the so-called voter suppression law in Georgia?  They had record breaking voting this year!  Young Black men hear white democrats say producing an ID to vote is suppression.  They hear Blacks can't get ID cards.  Yet, everyone they know has an ID card.  They hear white democrats say Blacks aren't capable of getting ID cards.  They know that's not true.  They read about democrats and/or liberals wanting to lower academic expectations in schools for Black students.  They don't want that. 

Young Black men see judges as being there to lock them up.  To them color doesn't matter.  If they stand in front of a judge they are going to jail while whites get off scot free. 

The overwhelming majority of young Black men aren't going into the military anyway, they don't care that there is a Black Secretary of Defense. 

Young Black men want better jobs.  They also want less red tape in starting businesses.  They see illegal immigrants getting government benefits that they won't get. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2022, 04:34:36 PM »
Republikkkans are the party of white supremacy full stop.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2022, 05:31:14 PM »
How have the GOP thrown in with white supremacists?

GOP legislatures have enacted laws prohibiting the teaching of CRT Schools although there was scant evidence of CRT being taught.

Trump's acolytes at the Million MAGA March did not wear Klan hoods, robes, and other regalia — today's "professional" white supremacists prefer tan khaki pants, golf shirts and MAGA hats — but they share the Klan's core values and beliefs. Most central of those is the credo that America should be a country where white people are the dominant, most important, and most powerful group, accorded special rights and privileges. It should be no surprise that the Ku Klux Klan formally endorsed Donald Trump's presidency in 2016.

https://www.salon.com/2020/11/19/make-fun-of-the-million-maga-march-all-you-want--white-supremacy-has-not-been-defeated/

The GOP Dark Money Group Giving Big to White Supremacists

https://www.yahoo.com/now/gop-dark-money-group-giving-095229471.html

North Carolina GOP Primary Winner Says God Is a White Supremacist, Jews Are Satanic

https://www.newsweek.com/russell-walker-republican-candidate-racist-god-jews-north-carolina-house-

23 Percent of Republican Men Have Favorable View of White Nationalists: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/23-percent-republican-men-have-favorable-view-white-nationalists-poll-1614973

The replacement theory is a White Supremacist hoax

Trump Telling Minority Congresswomen to ‘Go Back’ to the Countries They Came From

Trump telling Proud Boys to stand down but stand by

Trump saying there were good folks on both sides after the Charlottesville riot.

Trump promoted the racist birther garbage and the GOP nominated him for President

Trump said Maxime Walters had a low I.Q.

Even if you can make an argument that the GOP establishment has not formally aligned themselves with the White Supremacists, there is ample evidence that White Supremacists have aligned themselves with the GOP

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:56:34 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2022, 05:39:59 PM »
Remember the so-called voter suppression law in Georgia?  They had record breaking voting this year!  Young Black men hear white democrats say producing an ID to vote is suppression.  They hear Blacks can't get ID cards.  Yet, everyone they know has an ID card.  They hear white democrats say Blacks aren't capable of getting ID cards.  They know that's not true.  They read about democrats and/or liberals wanting to lower academic expectations in schools for Black students.  They don't want that.
Just because Black voters overcame the GOP efforts at voter suppression doesn't mean the GOP wasn't trying to suppress Black vote. It is a proven fact that certain Voter ID requirements affect Blacks more negatively than Whites. I doubt that you have ever heard a young Black man say a damn thing about voter ID laws. Do have any proof whatsoever that young Black men did not support the Voting Rights legislation the Democrats attempted to pass.

The assertion that liberals are trying to lower academic expectation in schools for Blacks is probably. You can't prove a pattern referencing an anecdotal incident. I seriously doubt that most young Black men oppose affirmative action programs that take race into account for admissio into college. You just throwing stuff against the wall hoping something sticks.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:57:41 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 06:01:44 PM »
Young Black men see judges as being there to lock them up.  To them color doesn't matter.  If they stand in front of a judge they are going to jail while whites get off scot free.

Unlike you, I practiced federal criminal law for dayum near 24 years. Let me just say, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You really think criminal defendants are not concerned withwhich Judge is assigned to their case.You don't think judges have reputations as being harsh or lenient sentencers.

While there is no definitive evidence that Black Judges are more likely to impose more lenient sentences on Black defendants than White defendants. Chek this out.

Republican-Appointed Judges Give Black Defendants Longer Sentences, Study Finds
BY NICOLE ROJAS ON 5/29/18 AT 3:33 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-appointed-federal-judges-hand-longer-sentences-black-defendants-948138

Bombshell Paper Names the Federal Judges Guilty of the Most Racist Sentencing

Six academics have just published a research study in SocArXiv that might go down in history as the single paper that pissed off the legal profession more than any other.

Its title—”The Most Discriminatory Federal Judges Give Black and Hispanic Defendants At Least Double the Sentences of White Defendants”—summarizes the big-picture story succinctly. But it does more than the headline suggests: Thanks to a newly created database, and the research done here, we now know the names of the judges handing down the most racist sentences from the federal bench. We know in terms of the disparate sentences these judges give to Black and Latinx defendants, compared with those they give to white defendants for the same crimes.

A handful of judges are guilty of what can only be described as horrifically racist sentencing. According to the data, the single worst offender on the federal bench is Senior US District Court Judge C. Darnell Jones, II. Appointed by President George W. Bush in 2008, he rose up the ranks of the legal profession after starting his career as a public defender in Philadelphia. Despite that background, Judge Jones’s sentences for Black people are 126 percent harsher—and for Latinx people, 156 percent harsher—than his sentences for white people. [Jones is Black]

The mixed crew of academics have hit the accountability nail on the head. This sort of work absolutely needs to be done to change the system.

Federal defense lawyers practicing in Philly might start seriously considering motions to remove Judge Jones from their clients’ cases. Ethically speaking, Judge Jones could also just resign.

The same goes for the three other federal judges who demonstrated racist sentencing disparities on a similar scale: Judge Timothy J. Savage, Judge Stanley R. Chesler and Judge Richard J. Arcara.

Each of these three judges was appointed by a Republican president (George W. Bush or Reagan). And like Judge Jones, perhaps surprisingly for some observers, they all practice in the Northeast. Unsurprisingly they are all white, and two of them are former prosecutors.

https://filtermag.org/federal-judges-racist-sentencing/

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:59:46 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 06:05:33 PM »
The overwhelming majority of young Black men aren't going into the military anyway, they don't care that there is a Black Secretary of Defense.

True, the overwhelming majority of young Black men are not in the military. However, it doesn't necessarily follow that they don't care that there is a Black Secretary of Defense. I betcha the young Blacks that are in the military are appreciative of a Black Secretary of Defense.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:01:23 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 06:12:40 PM »
Young Black men want better jobs.  They also want less red tape in starting businesses.  They see illegal immigrants getting government benefits that they won't get.

As usual no source to support your allegations. Unemployment is very low. How is Biden preventing young Black men from getting better jobs.  I doubt that you can prove immigrants get benefits young Black men cannot get. What are those benefits?  What red tape is keeping Black men from starting a business?

BTW, if there is all this so-called angst among young Black men, where is the Congressional Black Caucus. Has the CBC come forward with a legislative agenda for Black men?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:02:10 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 06:29:25 PM »
.......well, I think something y mentioned earlier^^^has merit. And that is Joe and/or his surrogates need to have town halls with black men across the country to listen to their concerns.  While job creation has certainly increased under Joe's administration, inflation, high gas costs, health disparities, rotten schools, crime in our neighborhoods, and the backlash against black folks, generally, have ALL taken their toll.  And bruthas need to be REALLY educated about what's at stake in the upcoming midterms.  We have folks vying for power who have ZERO interest in the perfection of a multi-etnic, multi-racial society.  These people are Facsists, and their goal is to relegate blacks and ALL OTHER non-whites to something akin to "second-class" citizenship.

Like Roland Martin, I see ZERO evidence that Jamie (what's his name, DNC chair who ran for senate in SC), although a black male, himself, is even REMOTELY attuned to the detachment that bruthas in this country feel with the Dems right now.  :shrug:

Fair enough Strike. I can't say that I'm oppose to Townhalls. I do not know whether they are an effective campaign tool. I agree that there are Health Disparities but is there a legislative or executive solution to Health Care Disparities. I understand that I'm in a better position than overwhelming majority of Blacks. I have a Black primary physician with whom I'm very satisfied. I don't think it can be credibly argued which party is better on health care for Blacks.

Rotten Schools? Is that largely a function of the local school boards and state legislatures. Not sure how much federal money Biden has put into local schools.

Crime in Black neighborhoods, Biden wants to provide the police with more funding and there is a segment of our community that wants to defund the police.

Backlash against Black Folks. Senate could come to an agreement on the George Floyd Policing Act.

As I said to y04185, if there is all this angst among young Black men, what is the Congressional Black Caucus proposing. I'm sure the major urban areas have Black representation in Congress.

These Elections are binary. It's either a Democrat or a Republican. The choice is clear for me. I agree when you say the Brothas need to be informed as to what is at stake.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:58:04 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
People need to understand the concept of “wings of the same bird.”  If one member of the body is contaminated, it contaminates the entire body unless the contaminated member is removed.
The reality we are faced with in dealing with the two parties is difference between being invisibly pregnant and visibly pregnant.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:36:13 PM by DAW912 »

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2022, 07:23:42 PM »

Here are some of the things I've observed through discussions and commentary on this from Black men: 

Part of the messaging issue isn't from the DNC or the president but on Dem surrogates. It's touting how great the economy is, and how many jobs have been "added" or "created," that messaging doesn't speak to the reality that many Black people face.

Others say it hurts the Dems that much of the messaging around the party's inability to advance certain legislation or work around the obstruction of the GOP in Washington is reinforcing voting. That, many say, is unfairly placing all the onus on voters instead of the people voters put in power to work for them in the first place.

This leads to another point: the act of Dem stakeholders historically blaming voters -- particularly Black voters -- for whatever losses occurred during elections.

This contrasts with the GOP message, which blames defeats on liberal ideology run amuck, the media, or some conspiracy, not their own voter base. Critics say they rarely ever hear or see conservatives turn on its voting bloc in that way. That is likely why their base is so wavering and cultish. 

Finally, Black men have said that the Dems make a bunch of promises during campaigns and fail to deliver once in office.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule