News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...  (Read 3043 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2022, 05:34:06 PM »
Why would Albany or SC State want to join the SWAC?
If they could why wouldn't they?

As far as Albany State is concerned it does nothing for us. We are not aligned with the SWAC schools, our footprint is State/Regional. We are already in a HBCU Conference, so what would joining the SWAC do for us. If we were to leave the SIAC, I would prefer it be to form an all Georgia D2 school conference. We are not D1 school, simple as that. Everything that glitters, ain't gold.
That shows lack of understanding about college football and from the tone lack of aspiring to want to do more. There is no other State that is more incline and in the footprint of the SWAC than Georgia. Ask the two Alabama and Florida schools if joining the SWAC has done anything for them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 05:39:25 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 06:20:42 PM »
The travel distances for the Flordia schools are less. That was the reason that they gave. Additionally Flordia A & M joined a old rival in Southern. I would submit that joining the SWACK has been more beneficial to the SWACK than to them otherwise. Of most importance to Albany, Georgia sportwriters have already proposed a all Georgia conference.

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 07:30:52 PM »
I would be straight bored with an all-Georgia Football Conference. I enjoy going to out of town to games. I think it adds flavor to the schedule.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:32:40 PM by G-Ram »

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 07:57:50 PM »
The big difference in now and previously is that there are now members of the Board of Trustees who are supportive of a move. Not only that, but Ruffin wouldn’t be discussing it publicly if the administration was totally opposed to such a move!!! My take is that they have basically said to Ruffin that if you can raise the money, and generate all the resources to go forth with it, put your money where your mouth is and get the ball to rolling!!!
Pretty much confirms my feelings when they hired him all of a sudden just out of the blue. That Willie Slater was holding them back because he loved being the Big fish in the little pond so to speak. I'm sure they aren't just leaving it up to him to raise the money. Because this is no small endeavor.  You just can't throw a fish fry and get this done.
Naw, they have been mediocre since 2018.

The guy only has two losing season in 15 years. In that time won or shared about ten SIAC titles in a row and one national title. That's far from being even close to mediocre.
Tuskegee had back-to-back five wins seasons in 2018 & 2019. They won three games last season. Tuskegee has won 7 SIAC titles under him. Where did you get your info from?
I got it from the recorded archives. What's point are you attempting to make by highlighting back to back five win seasons?
You got your info wrong. Slater's first year was in 2006. He won 7 SIAC titles. Hell, I don't know any team in the SIAC that won 10 straight conference titles. All I'm saying is they have been mediocre since 2018. Why do you think so many Tuskegee alums wanted him gone last year?
I clearly said about ten in a row.

The guy only has two losing season in 15 years. In that time won or shared about ten SIAC titles in a row and one national title. That's far from being even close to mediocre.

As for the mediocre part, i guess we have different ideas of what that means. He had two seasons of .500 and one losing season, his second in his career. You were giving the impression as if he went five years in a row with a losing record below .500.
Slater and the Golden Tigers have claimed seven conference championships since 2006, including a string of four consecutive from 2006 until 2009.
You are wrong. This is from Tuskegee's website. https://goldentigersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/willie-slater/304
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:00:43 PM by AntonioM229 »

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2022, 08:52:02 PM »
G-Ram, it will never materialize. That came up in a discussion of cost cutting
at university system D2s. The conference would also include all of the private schools with football teams. No one was interested.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2022, 09:38:11 PM »
The big difference in now and previously is that there are now members of the Board of Trustees who are supportive of a move. Not only that, but Ruffin wouldn’t be discussing it publicly if the administration was totally opposed to such a move!!! My take is that they have basically said to Ruffin that if you can raise the money, and generate all the resources to go forth with it, put your money where your mouth is and get the ball to rolling!!!
Pretty much confirms my feelings when they hired him all of a sudden just out of the blue. That Willie Slater was holding them back because he loved being the Big fish in the little pond so to speak. I'm sure they aren't just leaving it up to him to raise the money. Because this is no small endeavor.  You just can't throw a fish fry and get this done.
Naw, they have been mediocre since 2018.

Tuskegee had back-to-back five wins seasons in 2018 & 2019. They won three games last season. Tuskegee has won 7 SIAC titles under him. Where did you get your info from?
I got it from the recorded archives. What's point are you attempting to make by highlighting back to back five win seasons?
You got your info wrong. Slater's first year was in 2006. He won 7 SIAC titles. Hell, I don't know any team in the SIAC that won 10 straight conference titles. All I'm saying is they have been mediocre since 2018. Why do you think so many Tuskegee alums wanted him gone last year?
I clearly said about ten in a row.

As for the mediocre part, i guess we have different ideas of what that means. He had two seasons of .500 and one losing season, his second in his career. You were giving the impression as if he went five years in a row with a losing record below .500.
Slater and the Golden Tigers have claimed seven conference championships since 2006, including a string of four consecutive from 2006 until 2009.
You are wrong. This is from Tuskegee's website. No team in the SIAC won 10 straight conference titles. https://goldentigersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/willie-slater/304
Wow! Ok bud....smh

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Utopia

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 09:40:10 PM »
Tuskegee won 10 consecutive football titles from 1924-1933 (2 shared) and FAMU won 10 consecutive football titles from 1952-1961.  BTW, TUskegee is the winningest HBCU in college football (699 victories) and TU has won 31 SIAC football titles (3 in the 'B' Division}.

Coach Slater's career record at Tuskegee was 123-47 at Tuskegee. He won 7 SIAC crowns, three NCAA playoff wins and had only two losing seasons in 15 years.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:52:50 PM by Utopia »
112 SIAC Titles; Elite 8 Men's Basketball '14; SIAC Softball Champs '14, '15 & "16; NCAA WBB Title Game '82; NCAA Football Playoffs, '13, '14 , '15  & '16; 31 SIAC Football Titles; 8 HBCU Football National Titles; Only HBCU with nearly 700 football wins (699); 7 USA Olympians-'48, '52, '56, '60

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 09:47:14 PM »
The travel distances for the Flordia schools are less. That was the reason that they gave. Additionally Flordia A & M joined a old rival in Southern. I would submit that joining the SWACK has been more beneficial to the SWACK than to them otherwise. Of most importance to Albany, Georgia sportwriters have already proposed a all Georgia conference.

The conversation was going just fine without the childish dig. As for your opinion that it's been more beneficial for the "SWAC" than the Florida schools. This is the type of "backwoods" thinking that keeps our hbuc's athlete programs in debt.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 10:06:18 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 11:31:30 PM »
Clarification. I apoligize for my unintended use of SWACK instead of SWAC. I wrote it down previously to make certain that I did not do that.

You have dominated this thread with your advocacy for the SWAC. You obviously think that it is superior without giving any reasons why. There may have been a time in which that was true. The Celebration Bowl now proves otherwise. I think that it must have been approximately two years ago that I posted that there was a proposal for a all Georgia D11 conference. I also said that I did not want Morehouse to leave the SIAC. There are no advantages in our doing so. There is certainly no question that moving to the SWAC was the right move for Bethune Cookman Univerity and Florida A & M University. The FAMU record speaks for itself. When Tuskegee University moves up, assuming that they will also join the SWAC, you will have the only other HBCU whose record is comparable to that of Florida A & M. That will also be the SWAC's gain.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2022, 12:19:06 AM »
Clarification. I apoligize for my unintended use of SWACK instead of SWAC. I wrote it down previously to make certain that I did not do that.

You have dominated this thread with your advocacy for the SWAC. You obviously think that it is superior without giving any reasons why. There may have been a time in which that was true. The Celebration Bowl now proves otherwise. I think that it must have been approximately two years ago that I posted that there was a proposal for a all Georgia D11 conference. I also said that I did not want Morehouse to leave the SIAC. There are no advantages in our doing so. There is certainly no question that moving to the SWAC was the right move for Bethune Cookman Univerity and Florida A & M University. The FAMU record speaks for itself. When Tuskegee University moves up, assuming that they will also join the SWAC, you will have the only other HBCU whose record is comparable to that of Florida A & M. That will also be the SWAC's gain.
I have made 20 post on a thread that consists of 83 as I typed. 98% of which are in response to TU former coach record the other in response to your misformation as to why the Florida schools join. But some how that seems to threaten you to the point of using the term "dominate" in advocacy for the SWAC. Was that another typo? As for the other childish comment all that served to do is confirm your inferiority complex and what I originally stated. You lack understanding of D1 college football and what is used for the bases of conference alignment. As for advocating for the SWAC. 1. The SWAC doesn't need me to advocate for it. 100 years of stability does that on its own. Just ask the Florida schools. 2. It was someone from Howard that suggested Albany and SCSU. Maybe keep the envy out of your  eyes and you'll be able to see a little better.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:22:44 AM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Da'House!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2022, 09:30:38 AM »
Tuskegee football coach said he received death threats amid social media post about Nick Saban
Reginald Ruffin wanted to give context to comments that he said were "misconstrued" by online critics.

By Kendrick Marshall -May 26, 2022185

Ruffin said some of the feedback — mostly from Alabama supporters — claimed that he was “extorting money from the University of Alabama” and that he “don’t run coach.”

Another commenter suggested that Ruffin “just watch yourself, buddy.”

https://hbcusports.com/2022/05/26/tuskegee-football-coach-said-he-received-death-threats-amid-social-media-post-about-nick-saban/?fbclid=IwAR38G1pxvxFv_RytH-cqH8-i3kmKG_s0WJ_fGng3JhXiI0f0zVFYnLFPh2k

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »
Tuskegee football coach said he received death threats amid social media post about Nick Saban
Reginald Ruffin wanted to give context to comments that he said were "misconstrued" by online critics.

By Kendrick Marshall -May 26, 2022185

Ruffin said some of the feedback — mostly from Alabama supporters — claimed that he was “extorting money from the University of Alabama” and that he “don’t run coach.”

Another commenter suggested that Ruffin “just watch yourself, buddy.”

https://hbcusports.com/2022/05/26/tuskegee-football-coach-said-he-received-death-threats-amid-social-media-post-about-nick-saban/?fbclid=IwAR38G1pxvxFv_RytH-cqH8-i3kmKG_s0WJ_fGng3JhXiI0f0zVFYnLFPh2k

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Yeah I open a separate thread "Keep it classy Alabama " on that. Smh... them folks will never evolve

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2022, 10:36:35 AM »
Those Bama yahoos have always been off the chain.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »
Bluedog the SWAC is rated among the very top D1 conferences. I will not review your posts as I did previously. However, there is nothing in them that would indicate that you know the latter. The Florida schools stated why they joined the SWAC. All of the other HBCU's are not decadent if they prefer to remain where they are. We think that we have something and would like to maintain it. If you think that I am 'childest' for pointing that out to you, so be it.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2022, 03:38:40 PM »
Bluedog the SWAC is rated among the very top D1 conferences. I will not review your posts as I did previously. However, there is nothing in them that would indicate that you know the latter. The Florida schools stated why they joined the SWAC. All of the other HBCU's are not decadent if they prefer to remain where they are. We think that we have something and would like to maintain it. If you think that I am 'childest' for pointing that out to you, so be it.
Clearly you have an extremely real problem with reading and comprehending what it is you're actually reading.

As for advocating for the SWAC. 1. The SWAC doesn't need me to advocate for it. 100 years of stability does that on its own. Just ask the Florida schools. 2. It was someone from Howard that suggested Albany and SCSU. Maybe keep the envy out of your  eyes and you'll be able to see a little better.

Try reading it repeatedly over about 100 times. If it doesn't sink in by than. Well...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 03:40:28 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule