News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...  (Read 3080 times)

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2022, 10:27:52 AM »
While SCSU has a history with many SWAC schools, SC is a Mid Atlantic Southern state with stronger ties to the MEAC footprint.  Our largest concentration of Alums reside in SC, DMV and NC.  In addition there are thousands of SC natives that live up and down the eastern seaboard that are SCSU fans.

SCSU has no desire to move or see the MEAC collapse.  It works against all of its advantages.  This has been determined by the powers that be shortly after FAM and BCU left the MEAC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, DIVISION II FOOTBALL NATIONAL QUARTERFINALISTS
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2022, 10:42:55 AM »
 :clap:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Da'House!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2022, 10:51:56 AM »
 :popcorn:  looking listening....carry on  O0

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2022, 11:08:32 AM »
After the SIAC was rated the best D11 conference in the nation, I stopped being a critic. We also have the same geographical footprint as the Gulf South Conference which may be the best football playing D11 conference in the nation. Most of us don't have to travel far for games. When you are thinking about trying to beat Valdosta State, West Alabama, and West Georgia, it gives you a different mindset. The question is what do you have to gain? Tuskegee is in the same state with two SWAC schools that they are use to playing. Things are different with them.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »
AD Ruffin spoke on it & I also think UA should schedule our in state D1 HBCU teams. Not just in Football but other sports too.

I know Auburn faced Skegee in a baseball exhibition game this year. Miles played UAB. Auburn had played both A&M and Bama State in football.

I don’t know if that school in Tuscaloosa played any of our schools in a major sport yet….

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »

Tuskegee is in the same state with two SWAC schools that they are use to playing. Things are different with them.

You really don't have much of an understanding about D1 football or TU history with SWAC schools do you?

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2022, 11:48:47 AM »
AD Ruffin spoke on it & I also think UA should schedule our in state D1 HBCU teams. Not just in Football but other sports too.

I know Auburn faced Skegee in a baseball exhibition game this year. Miles played UAB. Auburn had played both A&M and Bama State in football.

I don’t know if that school in Tuscaloosa played any of our schools in a major sport yet….
We played them in basketball they haven't been good enough to meet us in any of LSU baseball regionals.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2022, 12:26:25 PM »
Not 100% related to his prior comments,,,but improvements are underway in Macon County, Alabama

https://twitter.com/tu_footba11/status/1529133637253353477?s=21&t=uWEDUUASjnWrLb8Kj4yhyg

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
Not 100% related to his prior comments,,,but improvements are underway in Macon County, Alabama

https://twitter.com/tu_footba11/status/1529133637253353477?s=21&t=uWEDUUASjnWrLb8Kj4yhyg
Awesome!

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
I have quite a history of attending NCCU games. Before coming to Durham, I was a season ticket holder at The University of Michigan for three years. I attended the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classics when it was still the Columbus Classic. What is it that I am missing or do not understand?

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »

I have quite a history of attending NCCU games. Before coming to Durham, I was a season ticket holder at The University of Michigan for three years. I attended the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classics when it was still the Columbus Classic. What is it that I am missing or do not understand?

The answer to the question I actually asked for starters. 

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline KnuckDogg

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 03:00:29 PM »

My SPARTANS of NSU played Alabama @ Alabama in the NIT one year, and we beat them. The Bama basketball coach lost his job, too.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 03:01:33 PM »
I have reviewed your posts. I can't see what you are questioning nor what I said that was questioned. I could not be from Atlanta without having friends from Tuskegee. I am glad to see them playing Hampton again. My high school buddies went to what was then Clark College, Hampton, Morehouse, Morris Brown and Tuskegee and that was it. I wish Tuskegee well. I hope when they are D1 that they continue to play "Da House".

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2022, 12:06:29 AM »
The big difference in now and previously is that there are now members of the Board of Trustees who are supportive of a move. Not only that, but Ruffin wouldn’t be discussing it publicly if the administration was totally opposed to such a move!!! My take is that they have basically said to Ruffin that if you can raise the money, and generate all the resources to go forth with it, put your money where your mouth is and get the ball to rolling!!!
Pretty much confirms my feelings when they hired him all of a sudden just out of the blue. That Willie Slater was holding them back because he loved being the Big fish in the little pond so to speak. I'm sure they aren't just leaving it up to him to raise the money. Because this is no small endeavor.  You just can't throw a fish fry and get this done.
Naw, they have been mediocre since 2018.

The guy only has two losing season in 15 years. In that time won or shared about ten SIAC titles in a row and one national title. That's far from being even close to mediocre.
Tuskegee had back-to-back five wins seasons in 2018 & 2019. They won three games last season. Tuskegee has won 7 SIAC titles under him. Where did you get your info from? 

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2022, 12:50:08 AM »
All I'm going to say, Tuskegee has always had the brain 🧠 power.  After 140 years of being in existence (one year younger than SU), it's way beyond the time for our most prestigious and private HBCUs to show off their talent on a much bigger stage and it's goes beyond football and sports.  Playing at the DI level will provide Tuskegee a chance to market itself to a much wider audience. Also, a few premier DI HBCU football schools owe their existence to Tuskegee, such as Grambling, which was founded by Charles P. Adams, a Tuskegee graduate. Although later on, it took a SU graduate (Ralph Waldo Emerson Jones aka Prez) to hire the Legendary Coach Eddie Robinson, Sr. who put Grambling on the map as the face of HBCU football. Prez Jones was also responsible for growing Grambling from an Industrial School for Negroes to Grambling College and now Grambling State University.  Prez Jones father (John Sebastian Jones aka Dean Jones) was one of SU's founders and the school's first dean. IMO, Tuskegee's legacy and history should be right up there with SU and Grambling when it comes football and sports in general. I would love to see Tuskegee a member institution of the SWAC whenever the conference decides to make that move as a FBS football conference.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:40:29 AM by JAG89 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule