News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Tuskegee AD has DI plans,...
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2022, 08:38:19 PM »
I predict 10 pages minimum for this one.  ;D

You were pretty close! :lol: :lol:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Da'House!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2022, 08:37:23 AM »
 ;D   and it ain't over yet.  This is just the first thread.

Online FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2022, 01:30:29 PM »

The thing that we all are going to have to realize, and adapt to is that Collegiate Athletics as we have known it in our lifetime is undergoing a huge paradigm shift. All universities, regardless of size or classification, are either going to have to step up their spending on athletics, or not be a player in the game. In the modern day world of college athletics, scholarships are just the very beginning of what the modern day athlete are looking for.  They are looking at how much they can make off of NIL, who has the nicest, over the top facilities, and on the Power 5 / Group of 5 Level, who can give them the surest route to the NFL. Even having pretty coeds to greet potential recruits isn’t going to have the same effect as it had in our era. Even though it may take a few years for all the paradigm shifts to filter down to FCS / D2, it’s like a huge, unstoppable snowball gaining momentum. Like it or not, it’s going to affect all of us, sooner or later. It will behoove all of our institutions to be able to adapt to the changing environment of collegiate athletics.

All of our institutions are going to have to invest in our programs going forward!!!

:nod:

My alma mater is in the midst of finding this out.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 01:33:09 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, DIVISION II FOOTBALL NATIONAL QUARTERFINALISTS
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline tigerworld

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2022, 05:30:37 PM »
Most of the comments on the topic,as to Tuskegee University attempts to move D-1 , are totally opinionated.

Allow the following facts,speaks for themselves, in regards to Tuskegee University Football.

1.Most of the "so-called" D-1 HBCU football teams,came from the same conference as Tuskegee University  " SIAC"

2. Tuskegee University Football Teams,have been very successful when playing those teams in recent years,like beating FAMU and Jackson State,within the same year,remember these are two different conferences ( SWAC & MEAC).

3.Alway plays great against Alabama State, whom doesn't sell out at home until they play Tuskegee University,as the highest revenue team that they play at home,including attendance.

4.Most "so-called" HBCU football teams,like to play them simply they travel well and makes the promoters happy.

5.Lights or no lights, they kick butts with less scholarships.

6.Tuskegee University has the highest game attendance,not many HBCU teams  Division I orIi ,can say that?

Now,if they cqn go Division 1,some of you'll probably don't want to play them.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2022, 02:22:29 AM »
Most of the comments on the topic,as to Tuskegee University attempts to move D-1 , are totally opinionated.

Allow the following facts,speaks for themselves, in regards to Tuskegee University Football.

1.Most of the "so-called" D-1 HBCU football teams,came from the same conference as Tuskegee University  " SIAC"

2. Tuskegee University Football Teams,have been very successful when playing those teams in recent years,like beating FAMU and Jackson State,within the same year,remember these are two different conferences ( SWAC & MEAC).

3.Alway plays great against Alabama State, whom doesn't sell out at home until they play Tuskegee University,as the highest revenue team that they play at home,including attendance.

4.Most "so-called" HBCU football teams,like to play them simply they travel well and makes the promoters happy.

5.Lights or no lights, they kick butts with less scholarships.

6.Tuskegee University has the highest game attendance,not many HBCU teams  Division I orIi ,can say that?

Now,if they cqn go Division 1,some of you'll probably don't want to play them.

Great...................................Now tell us about all the other 13 sports they intend to compete in at the Division I level.  :lol:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule