News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: SC State basketball facing another hurdle  (Read 119 times)

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
SC State basketball facing another hurdle
« on: May 12, 2022, 07:55:59 PM »
SC State basketball facing another hurdle

Tony Madlock left after one season for Alabama State a month ago, has another issue on its hands.

According to a tweet from Stadium Basketball Insider Jeff Goodman, Madlock’s SCSU recruit, 6-10 JaSteven Walker of Somerville, Tennessee, requested his release from his National Letter of Intent on April 11, immediately after coach Madlock left for ASU. Goodman says SCSU didn’t give an answer to Walker’s request until this past Sunday, when it was denied.

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/05/12/sc-state-basketball-facing-another-hurdle/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: SC State basketball facing another hurdle
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 09:18:52 PM »
If the tweet is correct this could cost SCSU.

Special Circumstances for NCAA Division I and II Transfers

In Division I and II, a student-athlete must request permission to contact other schools about a transfer. Requests can be formal or informal, in writing or oral. Most requests are less formal and during a discussion between an athlete and a coach or administrator. But the NCAA rules about requesting permission to contact only apply if an athlete makes a written request for permission to contact another school.

Once a student-athlete makes a written request for permission to contact other schools, the school has seven business days in Division I or 14 calendar days in Division II to grant to deny the request

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: SC State basketball facing another hurdle
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 02:55:40 AM »
Yeah. This is bad. If I were his parent or coach they need to work on a Plan B. Have him not show up to campus at SC State, enroll at his local community college part-time for the first semester which will make his NLI void and then enroll at a 4 year school in the spring if someone had the aid available. The real issue here is the longer they hold him hostage the less likely he’ll have an opportunity elsewhere.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule