News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: VSU Wins the inagurual New South Athletic Conference Baseball Championship  (Read 142 times)

Offline mrknowitall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • TLW Photography
https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=newsouthconference

Virginia State showed grit and tenacity in claiming the inaugural New South Athletic Conference baseball championship Wednesday night in a misty and blustery Elizabeth City, North Carolina.

After being forced into the loser’s bracket by top-seed Apprentice 18-6 in the first game of the day, the 2nd-seeded Trojans refused to be denied, winning three straight games in grueling fashion. VSU dispatched of 4th-seed Mid-Atlantic Christian in the day’s second game 21-2 to advance to the title round and meet the Builders again.

It would have been one and done with an Apprentice win, but the Trojans, behind a stellar complete-game pitching performance by all-conference selection Tahroun Hammond, forced a winner-take-all nightcap. With temperatures still hovering in the 50’s amidst a steady mist and wind, VSU again would not falter and ended the baseball marathon with a 9-6 win to take the title.
Graduate of Virginia State University and Norfolk State University

Offline Warpaint

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Please don't take this as me trying to hate on VSU, but I am really confused here.

How is VSU playing in a "conference" with Junior Colleges and USCAA schools? 

Has VSU tried to seek an associate membership for baseball with the Conference Carolinas?

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Please don't take this as me trying to hate on VSU, but I am really confused here.

How is VSU playing in a "conference" with Junior Colleges and USCAA schools? 

Has VSU tried to seek an associate membership for baseball with the Conference Carolinas?

Or the MEAC

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule