News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Nikole Hannah-Jones Gives '1619 Project' Critics The MLK Tribute They Deserve  (Read 163 times)

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Absolute fire.  :clap:

Nikole Hannah-Jones Gives '1619 Project' Critics The MLK Tribute They Deserve

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikole-hannah-jones-gives-1619-020629342.html

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Yes, I've read the entire Tweet thread on last night. It was excellent.

that's all...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Yes.

Absolute genius!!!

I shared that thread and added this for "certain people."

O0

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :no:.......all of these right-wing MAGGATS spent all of last weekend extolling their "love" and respect for MLK.  They were all falling all over themselves with the same ole tired "not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" refrain.  Yeah, Dr. King DID utter those words, but he uttered more words.............ALOT MORE!!!

So now Nikole Hannah-Jones has exposed ALL of these fools and revealed their abject hypocrisy and contempt for MLK, the SAME contempt they had for our good brutha when they blew his brains out almost 54 years ago.  As has been widely reported in recent days, MLK's approval numbers at the time of his murder were in the low 30's.  Upon being REMINDED of the true revolutionary that he REALLY WAS, those numbers would be about the same in 2022.

When treated with the proper dignity and respect, folks will CLEARLY understand that the MLK holiday is NOT about being "festive" at all.  :shrug:

Online iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Absolute fire.  :clap:

Nikole Hannah-Jones Gives '1619 Project' Critics The MLK Tribute They Deserve

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikole-hannah-jones-gives-1619-020629342.html

:no:.......all of these right-wing MAGGATS spent all of last weekend extolling their "love" and respect for MLK.  They were all falling all over themselves with the same ole tired "not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" refrain.  Yeah, Dr. King DID utter those words, but he uttered more words.............ALOT MORE!!!

So now Nikole Hannah-Jones has exposed ALL of these fools and revealed their abject hypocrisy and contempt for MLK, the SAME contempt they had for our good brutha when they blew his brains out almost 54 years ago.  As has been widely reported in recent days, MLK's approval numbers at the time of his murder were in the low 30's.  Upon being REMINDED of the true revolutionary that he REALLY WAS, those numbers would be about the same in 2022.
When treated with the proper dignity and respect, folks will CLEARLY understand that the MLK holiday is NOT about being "festive" at all.  :shrug:   

Quote from: Lucius Mopes Kenoticus
Throughout the history of his interactions with non-whites, the "enemy" has fumbled the ball.
We should not allow that "same enemy" to lead the commemoration of one of our own, especially not one whose character they assassinated and whose life they took.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:58:30 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Big iceman^^^who is that brutha, Lucius, that you just quoted?  I like what the brutha had to say.....like it ALOT!!

Online Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
They chose dr  king cause they feared Malcolm X

Online iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Big iceman^^^who is that brutha, Lucius, that you just quoted?  I like what the brutha had to say.....like it ALOT!!

:nod: That's iceman4221's pen name :nod:
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :lol:………man, I honestly thought dude was one of your homeboys or something like that.  Appreciate you bruh.   :clap:

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
There are certain families and people one should not mess with at all but respect.  The Arbery family of Brunswick, Georgia and the Blake family in Kenosha, Wisconsin and Chicago are examples.  The junior Blake's grandfather was a noted civil rights leader in Chicago.  His great-grandfather was a Garveyite, a follower of Marcus Garvey.

Nikole Hannah-Jones is showing why one should not mess with her.  Not all of them are right-wing conservatives.  (They remind me of what King said about the White moderate and Malcolm said about the White liberal.  I will leave those for another discussion.)  Yet, they still go after and get scored by her.  They are not learning their lessons.  They do not have to like her but should respect her.

----------

www.iowapublicradio.org/ipr-news/2021-11-23/nikole-hannah-jones-on-the-1619-project-and-how-the-seeds-of-her-work-were-sewn-during-her-childhood-in-waterloo

-----

“In Our DNA”: Jacob Blake’s Father & Uncle on the Family’s Long History of Racial Justice Activism
November 22, 2021

Jacob Blake Sr., whose son was shot by Kenosha police in 2020 and left partially paralyzed, says the family is part of a larger movement fighting for victims of police violence and racial injustice. “We were always pro-Black activists. And then, after this happened to my son, we’ve become activists for everyone who’s been affected,” he says. The Blake family has a long history of activism going back to the civil rights movement and beyond. Justin Blake, Jacob Blake’s uncle, says it’s in the family’s DNA. “We cannot sit down. We must make change.”

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule