News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Have y'all noticed how empty the supermarket shelves are lately?  (Read 259 times)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Have y'all noticed how empty the supermarket shelves are lately?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:08 PM »
Strike, why you have to go and unleash the Kraken?  :shrug: Make me ashamed to eat my neck bones for dinner.

Like Too $hort said on Step Daddy….when I’m around, we eating steak….

Don’t hate the playa, hate my game….

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:17 PM »
Strike, why you have to go and unleash the Kraken?  :shrug: Make me ashamed to eat my neck bones for dinner.

Like Too $hort said on Step Daddy….when I’m around, we eating steak….

Don’t hate the playa, hate my game….
:lol:..........actually, one can enjoy BOTH, and we certainly do in my household.  Mrs. Strike has really upped her game in preparing neckbones.  And they really damn near taste like a delicacy.  She is more the wine connoisseur than is your humble poster.  But I believe she enjoys having her neckbones with one of her favorite Reds.

Anyway.......always enjoy peeps discussion of wine on this board.  I learn quite a bit.  ;)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 01:23:09 PM »
I’d recommend a nice robust bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, a red blend (The Prisoner by Oren Swift comes to kind and they have it in the Brentwood Costco Strike….)

Strike, have you tried Sangiovese yet? Love that Italian offering. You can get some at a reasonable price point. Same with a decent Brunello…

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »
And for the record, The Fresh Market near me has the meatiest neck bones and ox tails….

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 01:53:42 PM »
I’d recommend a nice robust bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, a red blend (The Prisoner by Oren Swift comes to kind and they have it in the Brentwood Costco Strike….)

Strike, have you tried Sangiovese yet? Love that Italian offering. You can get some at a reasonable price point. Same with a decent Brunello…
:lol:.........Boss, when you call me out by name, I almost feel compelled to respond.  But it is a tad embarrassing as well, as a brutha has to reveal his limited knowledge on some varietals.  I have seen the reference to "Sangiovese," but have not yet tried it.  I guess I will now since you're recommending it.  :lol: Same reaction to "Brunello," have seen the reference, but not yet tried it.

In a post some months ago, you mentioned that you and/or your family occasionally enjoy stopping at the Brentwood Costcos on the drive from Cincy to Birmingham.  Its conveniently right off of I-65, and agree, Costcos DOES have a great selection of wine and other spirits.  But, boss, Brentwood Wine and Spirits opened up a few weeks ago, fairly near to Costcos, and the store is some 20K square feet.  It is really a wine and spirits lover's dream.  I would urge caution, especially for YOU, about thinking it would be a quick stop on your next drive home.  Not only will the stop NOT be quick, you're likely going to load up on shyt that you will have to take to the 'ham, then return with it back home to Mason.   :lol:

And did I mention that, as of a couple of years or so ago, wine and liquor stores in Rocky Top are open on Sundays!?!?!  That would have been UNHEARD of when I first moved to Nashville some 40 years ago.  As I often tell folks.....this is STILL the "bible belt," but with a twist.  :lol:

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 01:56:21 PM »
Frequent vivino.com. Solid site re: wines with rankings/ratings from all over. Great educational site too.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 02:03:42 PM »
And for the record, The Fresh Market near me has the meatiest neck bones and ox tails….

Sorry but there is no redemption in getting your neck bones from the Fresh Market. That is like saying, I eat hamburger but get it from Ruth Chris.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 02:14:07 PM »

Sorry but there is no redemption in getting your neck bones from the Fresh Market. That is like saying, I eat hamburger but get it from Ruth Chris.
:lol:……….leave dat boy alone. You’re a trip, Cap.  :lol:

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 02:20:34 PM »

:lol:……….leave dat boy alone. You’re a trip, Cap.  :lol:

Strike -

It’s hard educating the wanton foolishness that exudes from his mouth and mind. I’m trying to educate, I’m oft reminded of what one of my favorite people in the world, Booker T Washington, founder of my beloved Tuskegee University, so infamously said…” If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else”….in Cap’s case, trying to remove his veil of ignorance has proven problematic, and that’s a damn understatement.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 02:40:06 PM »
  :o  :lol:  :o^^^oh, no, you didn’t invoke the “veil of ignorance” metaphor on dude. Dat’s F’ed up.   :lol:

I’m sure, AT SOME POINT, Big Cap will regale us with his knowledge/expertise on a particular subject matter.  ;D

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 02:57:00 PM »
  :o  :lol:  :o^^^oh, no, you didn’t invoke the “veil of ignorance” metaphor on dude. Dat’s F’ed up.   :lol:

I’m sure, AT SOME POINT, Big Cap will regale us with his knowledge/expertise on a particular subject matter.  ;D

That's no fun Strike. I get more pleasure from watching a prized peacock show. The way they strut displaying their many colorful feathers in an attempt to out peacock one another  is simply fascinating to me. I'm good right here on the sidelines.  ;D

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 03:46:26 PM »
 :lol:  :lol:^^^man, you boys out of control today. So, what you’re sayin’ to Alum, Big Cap? Bring it on, mofo, I can give as good as I get.  :lol:

So now your humble poster has to ponder what varietal best enhances the experience of seeing these two boys go at it.   ;D

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »
Uh 87,

Please stop showing your tail... :nono2: This way please <-------------------------  :tiptoe:

;D

Teeny and Little

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 01:41:53 PM »
Uh 87,

Please stop showing your tail... :nono2: This way please <-------------------------  :tiptoe:

;D

:lmao:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule