News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Have y'all noticed how empty the supermarket shelves are lately?  (Read 260 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
And the big snow storm is not going to arrive on the east coast until Sunday. If you need supplies, you better go today, because once this storm develops, the vultures are going to start picking the bones for what remains.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Have y'all noticed how empty the supermarket shelves are lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
Maybe it’s a local supply chain issue. We still do our weekly shopping and the shelves were adequately stocked with everything we needed. They were out of Bok Choy but found it at another store close by.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 03:28:20 PM »
Maybe it’s a local supply chain issue. We still do our weekly shopping and the shelves were adequately stocked with everything we needed. They were out of Bok Choy but found it at another store close by.
???.........wtf is "Bok Choy"? ........uhhhh, nevamind.

Anyway, Nashville got SLAMMED with 6 inches of snow last Thursday that lingered on into Friday and Saturday.  Mrs. Strike went shopping for staples on Sunday, and said shelves were bare.  Local reporting suggests its a combination of mofos raiding the stores in conjunction with the approaching storm, and, the on-going supply chain problem.

If Joe, Kamala and the rest of the Dem leadership don't get this sorted out in the next few months, the Dems are gonna get SMOKED in the upcoming midterms.  Hell, it might already be too late.  :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:51:33 PM »

Anyway, Nashville got SLAMMED with 6 inches of snow last Thursday that lingered on into Friday and Saturday.  Mrs. Strike went shopping for staples on Sunday, and said shelves were bare.  Local reporting suggests its a combination of mofos raiding the stores in conjunction with the approaching storm, and, the on-going supply chain problem.

If Joe, Kamala and the rest of the Dem leadership don't get this sorted out in the next few months, the Dems are gonna get SMOKED in the upcoming midterms.  Hell, it might already be too late.  :shrug:

Biden is going to get blamed regardless of the reasons. Presidents get blamed when the market crashes, recession, inflation that occurs after every economic down turn and so on. Now they are blaming Biden because the unvaccinated are not vaccinated. Americans make me so sick. We expect our live to be a total utopia, but anyone with a half of a brain know that everything we do comes at a cost. During economic good times,  you are going to have inflation. the remedy to inflation is to raise interest rate, which slows the economy down.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »

You should try this…it’s very simple and delicious my brother…

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/baby_bok_choy_with_cashews/

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 07:44:20 PM »
IT MUST BE A REGIONAL THING.  NO, REPEAT NO EMPTY SHELVES IN MADISON COUNTY, ALABAMA.  :shrug:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 10:52:20 PM »
 :lol: Now that you mentioned it '87, a friend sent me a picture of one someone gave her and asked me how to prepare it.  I told her to not feed it after midnight, and to keep it away from water and sunlight.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 07:31:18 AM »
Alum^^^thanks for the recipe. Had not even HEARD of “bok choy” before your reference. And the recipe to whose link you posted calls for “baby bok choy,” which is the smaller version of this leafy vegetable which is in the cabbage family.

So, again, muchas gracias for exposing a brutha to a recipe which falls outside the standard “negro palette” orbit. I’ll see what, if anything, Mrs. Strike knows about the vegetable and recipe. Will encourage her to prepare same, and will let you know what we both think.

Meanwhile, might you extend your culinary expertise to recommend a vino or two that might best accompany the recipe? Appreciate you bossman.  ;)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 08:42:23 AM »
Alum^^^thanks for the recipe. Had not even HEARD of “bok choy” before your reference. And the recipe to whose link you posted calls for “baby bok choy,” which is the smaller version of this leafy vegetable which is in the cabbage family.

So, again, muchas gracias for exposing a brutha to a recipe which falls outside the standard “negro palette” orbit. I’ll see what, if anything, Mrs. Strike knows about the vegetable and recipe. Will encourage her to prepare same, and will let you know what we both think.

Meanwhile, might you extend your culinary expertise to recommend a vino or two that might best accompany the recipe? Appreciate you bossman.  ;)
The wine varietal of choice is really dependent on the protein consumed as part of said meal, as you already know. For us, we had the baby bok choy as a side with nicely pan sautéed lamb chop in lemon butter, neatly adorned with rosemary sprigs; thus we had an Argentinian Malbec with a slightly forwarded embolden nose with notes of dry, slightly acidic fruits, with a hint of vanilla, oak & earth tones. Not sure if it was the 2018 Catena Appellation or the 2017 El Enemigo - both are outstanding and priced reasonably for EDC (every day consumption) ~$20/bottle.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrr!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 08:48:17 AM »
Strike, IF you eat chinese food, most likely you've had it in one of your dishes and dismissed it as something lettuce/cabbage like.

Snow? Schmo? Ho ho ho!!!  The liquor cabinet STAYS stocked. And my fridge is good too.

AND we are back to working from home SWEET home once again.

:popcorn:

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • Tell em don’t play w me IM NOT THEM AND WILL NEVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:07 AM »
There goes 87 bougie a-- again. Hell, I know what bok choy is, but his bougie a-- just couldn't say lettuce for the unknown. Nope :lol:
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 10:52:40 AM »
There goes 87 bougie a-- again. Hell, I know what bok choy is, but his bougie a-- just couldn't say lettuce for the unknown. Nope :lol:

We had lettuce and some Napa cabbage from Kroger already. Brother just wanted some Bok Choy!

Shhhiiiiidddddddddd……don’t hate…appreciate….as Thing2 had to break a lil something something off on a Becky Beck classmate in middle school….

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 11:49:38 AM »

The wine varietal of choice is really dependent on the protein consumed as part of said meal, as you already know. For us, we had the baby bok choy as a side with nicely pan sautéed lamb chop in lemon butter, neatly adorned with rosemary sprigs; thus we had an Argentinian Malbec with a slightly forwarded embolden nose with notes of dry, slightly acidic fruits, with a hint of vanilla, oak & earth tones. Not sure if it was the 2018 Catena Appellation or the 2017 El Enemigo - both are outstanding and priced reasonably for EDC (every day consumption) ~$20/bottle.
:clap:……..Awesome!

Bruh, your recommendation reads like something I would expect to see from a sommelier.  Your choice of vino, and the analysis underlying that choice, is quite impressive. And I mean that sincerely. I have had the Argentinian Malbec and it’s quite good. But would not have instinctively selected it to go with the bok choy recipe. I likely would have selected one of my favorite Chards or Rieslings.

Again, thank you, sir.   ;)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 12:49:59 PM »
Strike, why you have to go and unleash the Kraken?  :shrug: Make me ashamed to eat my neck bones for dinner.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule