News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Monmouth has left the building  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: Monmouth has left the building
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 08:46:31 AM »
Monmouth leaving is a good move for all. Now all eyes on Elon. Rumors are they are considering leaving the CAA for a return back to the Southern Conference or Big South. They've been murmuring about travel expenses and badly want A&T back on the schedule. Don't be shocked if they head back to the BSC.

Heard an opening might be popping up in the Southern Conference. UT Chattanooga is having dialogue with the A Sun per sources.

Elon in all sports would be great for A&T
Elon isn't looking for an easy out

They are trying to save money , just like everyone else.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 08:47:41 AM »
There is so much to unpack & debunk in some of these posts but I can’t y’all….I got other things to do today….

Carry on….

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 08:48:32 AM »
i look at it this way.  if the bsc had not admitted two hbcu's to their conference, where would bsc football be now?  answer?  basically on the verge of "non-existence".

hence, that's why they admitted two hbcu's, simply for the mere "survival" of their conference.  nothing more, nothing less...

This was the most truthful post on this thread,

Does A&T even care what Monmouth play athletically? :shrug:

:lol: :lol:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »
Monmouth leaving is a good move for all. Now all eyes on Elon. Rumors are they are considering leaving the CAA for a return back to the Southern Conference or Big South. They've been murmuring about travel expenses and badly want A&T back on the schedule. Don't be shocked if they head back to the BSC.

Heard an opening might be popping up in the Southern Conference. UT Chattanooga is having dialogue with the A Sun per sources.

Elon is doing just fine. The only struggling going on is in your imagination.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 09:19:09 AM »

I could see Elon returning because they have a much better chance at winning the conference. I wouldn’t say this is good though. All the top teams have left,

Honestly, Travel expenses trump the perceived ease of winning a conference in one specific sponsored sport.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 09:20:21 AM »
i look at it this way.  if the bsc had not admitted two hbcu's to their conference, where would bsc football be now?  answer?  basically on the verge of "non-existence".

hence, that's why they admitted two hbcu's, simply for the mere "survival" of their conference.  nothing more, nothing less...

This was the most truthful post on this thread,

Does A&T even care what Monmouth play athletically? :shrug:

Quite a few Aggies didn't even know the school existed until this Fall.  :shrug:

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2022, 09:24:07 AM »
Its funny how we can spin things. We act like we have very little knowledge of America's history. One too many blacks moved into the neighborhood. One was enough but for the Big South to have invited the blackest school in America (NCA&T) was the last straw for Monmouth. So please, stop trying to spin this. They are running from ya'll. This has been the story in America from the start. Maybe you should just buy yourself a mirror.

So what you are saying in a nutshell is that the neighborhood is no longer exclusive and restrictive. The local government is reallocating tax dollars away from the neighborhood.  Property value is beginning to decline. The economic profile of neighborhood will probably drop to its lowest level. Maybe one day gentrification will revitalize the neighborhood via some government funded economic opportunity zone, but Monmouth is not sticking around waiting for that to happen.

Again you hit the nail on the head. I should have gone to Southern for my education.  :lol:
But really, black people that moves into exclusive white plantations can never see that they don't fit. They pretend that the world has changed and that the rest of black people is the problem when it comes to racism. Those blacks "always" return, for visits, to the hood for some cultural relief, then return home to their plantations. Look how many Aggies still come to this forum for some culture.  :shrug: Whites generally have a limit of how many blacks are allowed in the back of their minds before they move. Monmouth has reached their limit. Just like we pretend that our degrees mean more when white people are involved, whites feel their degrees are worth less when we are involved. In this era of TRUMP, I can't see why we can't see this.

Your logic doesn't make one lick of sense ESPECIALLY when these same schools who you're saying don't like the the number of "Blacks" in their athletic conference admit Black Students, recruit Black kids to play on their teams, Hire Black Professors, Instructors, and Admins, and even have Black Head Coaches in Football and Men's Basketball, AND may even have Black Chancellors/Presidents and Blacks on the Board of Trustees.

So, once again, what in the heck are you talking about man!? It's about travel expenses, NOT race!

But whatever. Let me not get facts get in the way of the circle jerk you're having with a few other posters here on this thread.

Last but not least, HBCUs only enroll 10% of the total Black Student population. Any guesses where the other 90% are attending college?   :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:26:33 AM by westcoastaggie »

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2022, 09:28:09 AM »
If Elon leaves I seriously doubt they're coming back to the BSC. SoCon makes more sense, but this is only contingent upon what happens in the CAA. They're a bit disgruntled but more stable than some of their FCS counterparts. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Robert Morris now that they're on an island in the north.

Realignment has shown that travel is important to some but not all.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:54 AM »

There is a huge difference in saving money to reinvest and upgrade what you have and struggling.

No one said Elon was struggling. They are however looking at their options. Just like everyone else

https://wmsportsblog.com/2021/10/28/report-jmu-leaving-the-caa-wm-implications/

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »
If Elon leaves I seriously doubt they're coming back to the BSC. SoCon makes more sense, but this is only contingent upon what happens in the CAA. They're a bit disgruntled but more stable than some of their FCS counterparts. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Robert Morris now that they're on an island in the north.

The SoCon has said it has no plans to expand , however one of their members is flirting with the ASUN. I think if they leave , Elon might go back

From what i read RM has no where to go. They left the NEC for the Horizon League in all other sports and the NEC wouldn't let them stay for football.

I would think the Patriot is an option
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:38:49 AM by Professor »

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2022, 09:41:22 AM »
Its funny how we can spin things. We act like we have very little knowledge of America's history. One too many blacks moved into the neighborhood. One was enough but for the Big South to have invited the blackest school in America (NCA&T) was the last straw for Monmouth. So please, stop trying to spin this. They are running from ya'll. This has been the story in America from the start. Maybe you should just buy yourself a mirror.

So what you are saying in a nutshell is that the neighborhood is no longer exclusive and restrictive. The local government is reallocating tax dollars away from the neighborhood.  Property value is beginning to decline. The economic profile of neighborhood will probably drop to its lowest level. Maybe one day gentrification will revitalize the neighborhood via some government funded economic opportunity zone, but Monmouth is not sticking around waiting for that to happen.

Again you hit the nail on the head. I should have gone to Southern for my education.  :lol:
But really, black people that moves into exclusive white plantations can never see that they don't fit. They pretend that the world has changed and that the rest of black people is the problem when it comes to racism. Those blacks "always" return, for visits, to the hood for some cultural relief, then return home to their plantations. Look how many Aggies still come to this forum for some culture.  :shrug: Whites generally have a limit of how many blacks are allowed in the back of their minds before they move. Monmouth has reached their limit. Just like we pretend that our degrees mean more when white people are involved, whites feel their degrees are worth less when we are involved. In this era of TRUMP, I can't see why we can't see this.

Like Archie Bunker used to say, "there goes the neighborhood."  :lmao:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2022, 09:42:31 AM »

The SoCon has said it has no plans to expand , however one of their members is flirting with the ASUN. I think if they leave , Elon might go back
Elon ain't thinking about y'all.  They are doing just fine where they are. They left the real BS and moved up in status in 2003 and and did the same after dominating the SoCon. Why in the world would they want to move back and lower their standards?

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2022, 09:47:09 AM »

There is a huge difference in saving money to reinvest and upgrade what you have and struggling.

No one said Elon was struggling. They are however looking at their options. Just like everyone else

https://wmsportsblog.com/2021/10/28/report-jmu-leaving-the-caa-wm-implications/
All that article proves is that I'm right about Elon moving down in status being in your imagination.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2022, 09:47:37 AM »

From what i read RM has no where to go. They left the NEC for the Horizon League in all other sports and the NEC wouldn't let them stay for football.

I would think the Patriot is an option

That may be so, my point is Elon back to the BSC would be a last resort honestly.

RMU might stuck for now but it'll be interesting to see what things look like for them after the realignment dust settles. They don't have enough money as an institution for the Patriot League.

Offline Warpaint

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »

Elon ain't thinking about y'all.  They are doing just fine where they are. They left the real BS and moved up in status in 2003 and and did the same after dominating the SoCon. Why in the world would they want to move back and lower their standards?

Exactly.  Elon is not going back to the Big South.

What some people don't realize is that Elon has a lot of Northern students and likes to pretend to be some elite private college.  Being in the CAA and playing the Northern schools helps them to continue that front in the eyes of those Northern parents sending their kids down to Elon for school. 

Elon being in the CAA is more then just a sports thing.  They would rather be viewed as a peer of the CAA schools then the Big South schools.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule