News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NFL HC Firings  (Read 314 times)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
NFL HC Firings
« on: January 10, 2022, 09:26:43 AM »
Denver - HC Vic Fangio
Bears - HC Matt Nagy
Vikings - HC Mike Zimmer
Jags - HC Urban Meyer

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NFL HC Firings
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:39:28 AM »
Dolphins - HC Brian Flores

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 09:48:07 AM »
I can understand Chicago and Minnesota.  (One may not agree with a coach's firing but can understand why it happened.)  Although in Chicago some wonder why the GM still has a job.

However, I wonder about Flores.  They got off to a bad start this season and finished strong.  Can anyone in or near Miami tell the rest of us what is happening in South Florida?

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »
Bears also fired GM Ryan Pace

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 09:54:18 AM »
I can understand Chicago and Minnesota.  (One may not agree with a coach's firing but can understand why it happened.)  Although in Chicago some wonder why the GM still has a job.

However, I wonder about Flores.  They got off to a bad start this season and finished strong.  Can anyone in or near Miami tell the rest of us what is happening in South Florida?

I really believe he (Flores) will get a serious look at one of the open gigs. Agreed, not 100% sure why they separated, given how well they played down the stretch.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 09:54:33 AM »
Bears also fired GM Ryan Pace

OK, thanks.

I really believe he (Flores) will get a serious look at one of the open gigs. Agreed, not 100% sure why they separated, given how well they played down the stretch.

I think that Flores should get a serious look.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
I'm sure Seattle will be looking to make some changes, especially if Russell Wilson push to go elsewhere.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 10:18:37 AM »
Vikes GM also fired today

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 10:26:45 AM »
They are roasting the owner and Miami for firing Brian Flores. I'm still shocked. Brian Flores has beaten the Patriots this season and won a good number of games. Word is Miami wants to hire Harbaugh since the owner is a Michigan man. Zimmer and Nagy, I get those firing. The question I have why isn't Joe Judge and Matt Rhule hasn't been fired? It continues to prove that Black head coaches have even shorter leashes than these white folks.

that's all...   :shrug:

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 10:31:19 AM »
They are roasting the owner and Miami for firing Brian Flores. I'm still shocked. Brian Flores has beaten the Patriots this season and won a good number of games. Word is Miami wants to hire Harbaugh since the owner is a Michigan man. Zimmer and Nagy, I get those firing. The question I have why isn't Joe Judge and Matt Rhule hasn't been fired? It continues to prove that Black head coaches have even shorter leashes than these white folks.

Shoot yogi, it ain’t just in coaching where this is the case….

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »
Miami simply does not want Flores. Under those circumstances, it is best that he leaves.  he can go somewhere else where he is appreciated.
South Carolina State University

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 10:59:24 AM »

Matt Rhule might get the boot. The owner isn't happy. Was quoted being "disappointed" in his coach.
Of course you have to ask why would you hire a college coach to begin with?  Oh yeah. they can get them cheaper than a one with NFL experience.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 11:19:41 AM »
But didn’t the Panthers just come out and say Ruhle isn’t going anywhere. Hell, it took Jay-Z 7 years to build his empire, right?

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 11:26:41 AM »
I was really surprised by the Dolphins firing Flores.  :shrug: :no:

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »

Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly
·
37m
Dolphins owner Steve Ross just whacked a coach who put together two straight winning seasons, and the second of which came after a 1-7 start. And it wasn't about the team's performance.

It was about Brian Flores' inability to work well with people.

Let that sit in a little.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule