News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Ahmaud Arbery Verdict  (Read 279 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ahmaud Arbery Verdict
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 05:42:54 PM »
Eleven White Jurors found all three of them guilty. Thank God for the Video.
You are correct, but I think it had to be more because white folks have looked at video before and have come out with a different result.  I'm still trying to figure out what they saw on the Tamir Rice video. :shrug:
Another Black person they don't have to deal with.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
THREE CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER OF AHMAUD AEBERY
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 08:07:35 PM »
Ahmaud Arbery trial verdict brings exuberance, emotion and 'relief' (usatoday.com)  PERHAPS I WILL CELEBRATE MORE ONCE I HEAR THEIR PUNISHMENTS.  :clap: :tiptoe: :clap:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 08:29:35 PM »
When White privilege backfires

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: THREE CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER OF AHMAUD AEBERY
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 08:53:02 PM »
Olds..t?

Does sh!t just "happen in the street"?

(Y'all, that's what he said when the white dude shot up a car because the music was too loud  killing a Black youngster,....and then went and got some pizza.)

O0

Offline Optimusprime

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 09:45:11 PM »
I am so glad for these verdicts. It is my sincere hope the DA who is charged with obstruction also gets handed her ass by a jury. Mr Arbery's family suffered with the loss of their son.  Then they suffered again with lies being told to them by the DA and others in the justice system. They pushed the narrative with him as a criminal and his shooting as having been justified when it was clearly a modern day lynching.

The McMichaels couldn't stand a police officer telling them that the "black man" is not suspected of having stolen anything from the construction site and that he was not even committing criminial trespassing. I had not even heard until the testimony in the trial that they had already been told by a police officer that Arbery was not suspected of any crime. That really shows how deep their hatred lieds.  I'm pretty well convinced they brought along their guns just hoping something might happen so that they could whip up some kind of justification in their minds as a reason to shoot him. They would show the recording over and over, like the old lynching cards of old.  So, I hope the elder McMichael reminds himself every single night how he told his son to "grab your gun and let's go get him".

I hope for a similar outcome in their federal hate crimes trial.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 10:42:56 PM »
I am near 70.  My heart grieves for what the young man had to endure.  He was still whipping his a-- even after two bullets.  God rest his soul and may they rot in hell on earth.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 10:47:32 PM »
Justice will be seeing the prosecutor, now charged, found "guilty" because she refused to investigate.
They seemingly weren’t even going to be charged. How many transgressions like this don’t get properly prosecuted and have justice exacted due to there not being a video & subsequent public outcry?

To me, this trial was an example of a system trying to save face…not justice.

FACTS. :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 07:23:17 AM »
Yes, we had the Rittenhouse, McMichaels, and Bryant cases, but there were ones in Charlottesville (thread) and Kansas City.

www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_3482a6cf-a218-5cff-ae8c-d7ae43fe2a76.html

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
The former prosecutor charged with misconduct in the Ahmaud Arbery case was booked into a Georgia jail the same day three men were convicted of murdering the Black jogger.
Former Brunswick Judicial Circuit district attorney Jackie Johnson turned herself in Wednesday morning at the Glynn County jail and later released on her own recognizance after she was indicted last week on a felony charge of violating her oath of office and a misdemeanor count of obstructing police, reported the Associated Press.

https://www.rawstory.com/jackie-johnson-georgia/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Chillin!
    • View Profile
Re: THREE CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER OF AHMAUD AEBERY
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
Olds..t?

Does sh!t just "happen in the street"?

(Y'all, that's what he said when the white dude shot up a car because the music was too loud  killing a Black youngster,....and then went and got some pizza.)

O0

::) honestly he makes me wanna vomit and is the main reason I stay out of the politics forum. He can have at it. I don't even want to see his little avatar with his creepy ass.  :vomit:

GOOD LUCK, BOWIE!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2021, 02:15:21 PM »
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule