News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Idris Elba Finally In Talks For 007 Role As James Bond Villain  (Read 85 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Chillin!
    • View Profile
Idris Elba Finally In Talks For 007 Role As James Bond Villain
« on: November 23, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »
More from the source below, via The Sun:

“‘He won’t be the title character, but they do recognize the amount of pull and respect he commands, and they want to work with him on a completely original character for the next installment.

‘It is still very early days for the conversations but, so far, it looks like it would be the role of a villain.’

Elba, 49, is currently shooting the feature-length film of his crime drama Luther in the UK.”

https://blackamericaweb.com/2021/11/22/idris-elba-in-talks-007-james-bond-villain/

GOOD LUCK, BOWIE!!!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Idris Elba Finally In Talks For 007 Role As James Bond Villain
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
I FOR ONE TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS TACK.  SOME ROLES ARE NATURALLY FOR A BLACK OR A WHITE CHARACTER AND SOME ARE RACE NUETRAL.  I HAVE BEEN A JAMES BOND FAN SINCE "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE" AND IF IAN FLEMMINGS' JAMES BOND CHARACTER WAS CHANGED TO ANOTHER RACE....OR GENDER, I WOULD NO LONGER BE A FAN SIMPLY BECAUSE SOMEONE WANTED TO APPEASE A SMALL PORTION OF THE POPULATION.  I WOULD NO MORE SUPPORT A BLACK JAMES BOND THAN I WOULD SUPPORT A WHITE ACTOR PORTRAYING THE KING OF WAKANDA IN A "BLACK PANTHER" SEQUEL.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
AGREED!

James Bond is a white guy. 

Elba would make an excellent Felix Lighter, M, or even better,  a ruthless villain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

South Carolina State University

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 05:25:27 PM »
Bond has never done anything to identify as being exclusively white. Black Panther is from an all black nation. Elba is just as London as anyone else in London.  Just because some of y'all would feel uncomfortable.....

I guess you can't  stomach a black superman either? What about black Jesus? Time to take down that black Jesus picture you have on the wall up there beside King, JFK, and Malcolm.  I'm sure someone will buy it at the yard sale.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 05:43:33 PM »
Bond has never done anything to identify as being exclusively white. Black Panther is from an all black nation. Elba is just as London as anyone else in London.  Just because some of y'all would feel uncomfortable.....

I guess you can't  stomach a black superman either? What about black Jesus? Time to take down that black Jesus picture you have on the wall up there beside King, JFK, and Malcolm.  I'm sure someone will buy it at the yard sale.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS TOTALLY UNCONVINCING AND I STAND BY MY ORIGINAL ASSERTION.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 05:51:49 PM »

So why can't you accept Bond as being black? Did you disavow Little Orphan Annie when they made her black?  I feel fiction characters can be whatever you want them to be. If folk feel uncomfortable with it....If Tarzan can be white, Bond can be black.   :nod:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »

I REMAIN UNCONVINCED BY YOUR ARGUMENT. ::)

So why can't you accept Bond as being black? Did you disavow Little Orphan Annie when they made her black?  I feel fiction characters can be whatever you want them to be. If folk feel uncomfortable with it....If Tarzan can be white, Bond can be black.   :nod:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 06:31:06 PM »

You are so far off the mark it isn't even funny.  Were you tryin' to be funny?

First, Jesus is described as person with a dark skin color in the BIBLE, NOT a paleface.

If you actually believe Ian Fleming had the vision to believe Bond could be a Black man, I've got a bridge in London for sale.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 12:18:27 AM »

You are so far off the mark it isn't even funny.  Were you tryin' to be funny?

First, Jesus is described as person with a dark skin color in the BIBLE, NOT a paleface.

If you actually believe Ian Fleming had the vision to believe Bond could be a Black man, I've got a bridge in London for sale.

I BELIEVE THIS IS AN ATTEMPT BY CAPLER TO BE HUMOROUS.  ::)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 06:14:35 AM »
You people don't have a problem with J. B. Smoove being Caesar.  Yet, you have a problem with Idris Elba being 007.

You've been trained well.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 11:26:55 AM »
You people don't have a problem with J. B. Smoove being Caesar.  Yet, you have a problem with Idris Elba being 007.

:popcorn:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 12:39:34 PM »

We have more of a problem believing you are a Black man.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Chillin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »
Well, bottomline, Idris AIN'T playing 007. He is playing a villain, which I find to be a lot more interesting than playing 007. 

GOOD LUCK, BOWIE!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule