News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Thanksgiving week means....  (Read 120 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • TigerPRIDE!!!
    • View Profile
Thanksgiving week means....
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:10:21 AM »

yeah yeah yeah yeeeeaaah, State!!!!
  ;D

:nod:  Jags, go get em!!!!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving week means....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 08:24:21 AM »
TO ME THIS WEEK MEANS AN OPPORTUNITY TO REFLECT ON ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT HAVE BEEN BESTOWED ON ME BY GOD.  LIKE MY ELDERS USED TO SAY "I AM THANKFUL FOR A REASONABLE MEASURE OF GOOD HEALTH".  I AM A TYPE 2 DIABETIC BUT IT IS UNDER CONTROL WITH MEDS.  I STILL AM ABLE TO THINK CLEARLY, DRESS AND DRIVE MYSELF TO WORK AT A JOB I STILL AM CAPABLE OF DOING AND FIND CHALLENGING.  I HAVE SO FAR SURVIVED THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THAT HAS TAKEN SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTENCES.  I AM ABLE TO ENJOY THE COMPANY OF MY WIFE, FRIENDS, CHURCH, CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.   I AM ABLE TO ENJOY DEBATE AND DISCOURSE ON ONNIDAN.  I AM ABLE TO SUSTAIN MYSELF FINANCIALLY AND STILL HELP OTHERS.  I AM ABLE TO ENJOY MY FAVORITE PUSUITS:  GOLF, TARGET SHOOTING AND ATENDING SPORTING EVENTS.  I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE ENOUGH THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE COMFORTABLY AFTER I FINALLY RETIRE.  YES, I FULLY REALIZE, APPRECIATE AND AM COGNIZANT OF MY MANY BLESSINGS.  I THANK GOD FOR THEM.
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • TigerPRIDE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving week means....
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »
CIAA-FAN, et tu, sir  ;) but the disease is not keeping me down as you know I am a runner and part of Black Men Run [we are now worldwide]. Going forth, the goal is to KEEP MOVING.  :nod: A body in motion stays in motion. I've experienced too much death in the family and it never seems to stop yet I still feel greatful for having had those loved ones in my life  something many never experience. I wake up in gratitude DAILY [even tho I may do a lot of cussing in traffic, hey, its the ATL] STILL, I RISE....WITH A THANKFUL HEART AND THANKING THE CREATOR.

I know the dynamics that started this holiday are ugly, but for me, my thanksgiving is just that, GIVING THANKS. ;)

AND.....its BAYOU CLASSIC WEEK, TURKEY DAY CLASSIC WEEK and for the first time in a long time, 2 hbcu's in the playoffs - GO, BOWIE. GO, FAMU!!!

THANKFUL......NOW LETS PLAY BALL!!!   ;D

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule