News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Southern coach  (Read 635 times)

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Southern coach
« on: November 16, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
Any news of coaching changes at Southern,?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Southern coach
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Are you on fb?

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 01:17:35 PM »
Yes

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 01:29:21 PM »
Yes
If you follow Reggie Flood that's all you need to do. He's been giving us updates. If you're wondering if there is going to be any movement on the current staff, I'm guessing not until the season is closed since we don't have to fire a head coach.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 01:50:57 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 01:39:33 PM »
Yep...An announcement probably won't be made until after the BC.  No need to rush things.  It won't make too much of a difference. The alumni doesn't have to raise funds to buyout a coach's contract.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:29:30 PM by JAG89 »

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 04:31:07 PM »
He's doing an awesome job. Keep him. :clap:

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:48:48 PM »
He is just as good as JSU previous coaches.  I would not brag too much - you still got alcorn.  The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings. The season AIN'T over yet.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
He is just as good as JSU previous coaches.  I would not brag too much - you still got alcorn.  The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings. The season AIN'T over yet.
Lol....nah man they clinched it Saturday.  But let's not feed to attention starved.  This isn't about JSU
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:41:31 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 10:39:28 PM »
Ken………if they lose to Alcorn, dat muthaf’er is GT c be FB :vomit:B
  :nod:……….Ken, if Alcorn beats them, dat muthaf’er will IMPLODE.  :lol:

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 11:14:26 PM »
Lol....nah man they clinched it Saturday.  But let's not feed to attention starved.  This isn't about JSU

You noticed that too.  Every time a SU topic is started, here comes your usual bandwagon followers.  They make it too obvious on who they are always looking up to.  The other HBCU sports board is a prime example of who they admire the most.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 12:11:02 AM »

You noticed that too.  Every time a SU topic is started, here comes your usual bandwagon followers.  They make it too obvious on who they are always looking up to.  The other HBCU sports board is a prime example of who they admire the most.
Pretty much always the same crew

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 02:13:33 AM »

Here's a true story. I remembered a YE BRUH (Michael Allen - RIP) who pledged me in California in 1990.  He played on the JSU's offensive line with the likes of Jackie Slater.  He was good friends with Harold Jackson. He was one of the brothers who I admired after pledging, except when SU played Jackson State.  The 90's were the beginning of the Pete Era.  After every game, I would give him a call. The brother got to the point that when he saw my number on his caller's ID, he would pick up the phone and hang it right back up.  He told the other BRUHZ in the chapter that we (SU) acted like we were too important for them with our noses stuck up in the air.  I knew then that Jackson State had always looked up to Southern.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »
Ken………if they lose to Alcorn, dat muthaf’er is GT c be FB :vomit:B
  :nod:……….Ken, if Alcorn beats them, dat muthaf’er will IMPLODE.  :lol:

Sir, focus on BCU.

:lmao:

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 08:10:22 AM »

Here's a true story. I remembered a YE BRUH (Michael Allen - RIP) who pledged me in California in 1990.  He played on the JSU's offensive line with the likes of Jackie Slater.  He was good friends with Harold Jackson. He was one of the brothers who I admired after pledging, except when SU played Jackson State.  The 90's were the beginning of the Pete Era.  After every game, I would give him a call. The brother got to the point that when he saw my number on his caller's ID, he would pick up the phone and hang it right back up.  He told the other BRUHZ in the chapter that we (SU) acted like we were too important for them with our noses stuck up in the air.  I knew then that Jackson State had always looked up to Southern.

JSU has more NFL HOFers and more academic prowess than Southern.

Cut it out. :lol:

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 08:51:52 AM »

JSU has more NFL HOFers and more academic prowess than Southern.

Cut it out. :lol:

True story. Brother Michael Allen was a good BRUH.

Academic prowess???  Next you will be telling me that JSU's ROI is higher than Southern.  It seems to me SU grads don't have a problem graduating with several job offers positioning themselves to pay back their student loans.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule