News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Capler I gotta admit you were correct about working out  (Read 424 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Capler I gotta admit you were correct about working out
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:18:30 PM »
Aye Capler I gotta admit you were correct about working out and eating right. One time you brought up about trying to eat a diet to stay fit was hard as heck. Well you are correct. I have been trying to lower my sodium intake for the last two months. Looking at labels and trying to find some with lower sodium in it. Man I tell you you end up with all this bland stuff and food you gotta force yourself to eat. 😂 Then you talked about working out. Another truth. You will be in the gym 8 hours a day trying to stay fit like you did when you were in your 20's and early 30's. 😂
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Capler I gotta admit you were correct about working out
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:47:41 PM »
You gonna need to add another challenge, cooking totally fresh meals. Nothing in a package, box, can, etc. if you want to control sodium.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Chillin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 10:18:40 AM »
You gonna need to add another challenge, cooking totally fresh meals. Nothing in a package, box, can, etc. if you want to control sodium.

:nod:  TRUE THAT. This is what they refer to as eating CLEAN.

GOOD LUCK, BOWIE!!!

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:38:17 AM »

Yep that is so true.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 10:45:29 AM »
There is so much sodium in some of the stuff we eat. Even a lot of the stuff that is billed as "healthy." I got the working out part down good. I have lifted weights since I was about 12 years old and still do four days a week. I play basketball three days a week. It's the diet part that I struggle with. I don't eat pork or red meat but I struggle with cutting sugar and sodium.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • Tell em don’t play w me IM NOT THEM AND WILL NEVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 11:02:59 AM »
CU try raw honey. That's what I use for my tea and making dark brownies. I order from https://zachandzoe.co/ when I can't find raw unfiltered honey @homegoods.
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 11:07:11 AM »
CU try raw honey. That's what I use for my tea and making dark brownies. I order from https://zachandzoe.co/ when I can't find raw unfiltered honey @homegoods.

You two can solve your honey problem by putting beehives in your back yard.   

If you like wine put the beehives in the grapevines. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »

Black-owned company.   :nod:
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 11:23:52 AM »
Diet is always the toughest. When I smoked cigarettes I quit 3 times. Admittedly I wasn't ready the first two times. I enjoyed smoking. But when I finally said no more...cold turkey. Haven't smoked since 1982.

FOOD is standing over me like Ali did Liston. 
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
Raw unfiltered honey is good if you have pollen allergies.
As for salt, I don't add salt to my prepared meals. A physicist friend of mine once told me that we as AAs should add salt to our diets because we have a built-in ability to retain sodium because if where our origins are from. When we add salt to foods, we're putting salt on top of salt. I believe that this may be partially why I don't suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. Also, I don't consume anything that has processed sugars (high fructose corn syrup), or refined sugars.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 02:08:42 PM »
Sadly it all mental. We have been conditioned to think meals and eating out are for pleasure.  You have to eat what is best for you, not necessarily what you enjoy all the time. Same with working out. That crap is difficult and painful. I'd rather sit back on the sofa with M&G and watch the latest foray at black drama. (What's that new washed up starlet  show with Eve & Brandy)?

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 02:56:52 PM »

Thank you sis, I actually have a hive in backyard. I am adding another one in the spring. I am waiting for my honey extractor to arrive so we do not crush the comb. I will use it for tea. I didn't know you could use if for brownies. I am also going to try Whole Earth Erythritol and Monk Fruit. It is supposed to be a 1.1 sugar substitute. The sell it at Costcos.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
I am the exact same way. I don't care for pork or beef. I run 4 to 5 days a week and lift weights. My problem is the sweets and sodium. I also like stuff like Salsa. Regular salsa, even freshly made is high in sodium. I found some that is low in sodium but the cost is like $5-6 a jar. 😂 I had to adjust to that price.

There is so much sodium in some of the stuff we eat. Even a lot of the stuff that is billed as "healthy." I got the working out part down good. I have lifted weights since I was about 12 years old and still do four days a week. I play basketball three days a week. It's the diet part that I struggle with. I don't eat pork or red meat but I struggle with cutting sugar and sodium.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
Raw unfiltered honey is good if you have pollen allergies.
As for salt, I don't add salt to my prepared meals. A physicist friend of mine once told me that we as AAs should add salt to our diets because we have a built-in ability to retain sodium because if where our origins are from. When we add salt to foods, we're putting salt on top of salt. I believe that this may be partially why I don't suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. Also, I don't consume anything that has processed sugars (high fructose corn syrup), or refined sugars.

There was a time in West Africa when salt was traded for gold.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • Tell em don’t play w me IM NOT THEM AND WILL NEVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 03:08:45 PM »

Thank you sis, I actually have a hive in backyard. I am adding another one in the spring. I am waiting for my honey extractor to arrive so we do not crush the comb. I will use it for tea. I didn't know you could use if for brownies. I am also going to try Whole Earth Erythritol and Monk Fruit. It is supposed to be a 1.1 sugar substitute. The sell it at Costcos.

Oh, yeah. You can use honey in anything to make it sweet. Even coffee.
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule