News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Catie Kouric once again confirms. RBG was a disgusting little bigot.  (Read 373 times)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
And I TOLD you she was a ghoulish old racist jewish woman?

Well here's another exhibit:

What Couric didn’t include in the Yahoo News interview was Ginsburg saying that athletes protesting in this way were showing “contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life … which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/katie-couric-book-ruth-bader-ginsburg-kneeling-protests_n_616755e8e4b065a5496f7184

Its time for some apologies.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Catie Kouric once again confirms. RBG was a disgusting little bigot.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 06:27:46 AM »
You know good and damn well, those people don't have the guts to say a white Jewish democrat was racist.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 06:33:54 AM »
She voted the right way.  s**t LBJ was a bigot but passed more civil rights legislation than any other president 

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 06:48:26 AM »
She voted the right way.  s**t LBJ was a bigot but passed more civil rights legislation than any other president

Neymar, Ken proved my point.   He's also wrong about Lyndon Baines Johnson and Civil Rights legislation.  The president doesn't pass legislation. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:36:54 AM »
While the late Justice Ginsburg's statements about the NFL protesters are troubling, those statements are clearly outweighed by Ginsburg's life long commitment to civil rights and racial equality. Again, Neymar's argument lacks perspective.

An excerpt from a Ginsburg's speech in 2009 is an example of her commitment:

THE VALUE OF DIVERSITY: RUTH BADER GINSBURG'S 2009 KEYNOTE SPEECH

I would have upheld both University of Michigan programs and wrote in dissent in the undergraduate school case: “Actions designed to burden groups long denied full citizenship stature are not sensibly ranked with measures taken to hasten the day when entrenched discrimination and its after effects have been extirpated.”  “If honesty is the best policy,” I added, the undergraduate school’s transparent “affirmative action program is preferable to achieving similar numbers through winks, nods, and disguises.”

Four years after the Michigan University cases, the Court divided 5 to 4 again, this time on the constitutionality of lower school programs in Seattle, Washington and Louisville, Kentucky—programs designed to keep kindergarten through 12th grade classes racially integrated despite the high degree of neighborhood separation along racial lines.  To maintain integration, the cities’ school boards took race into account in assigning children to particular schools.  The Court held the programs unconstitutional.  Unlike the University of Michigan law school program, the Court said, race in the lower school plans was “decisive by itself.” Moreover, the Court added, the Michigan case involved “considerations unique to higher education.”  The lead opinion ended with an attention-riveting line: “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”

The four dissenters—I was one of them—saw the Seattle and Louisville plans differently. There is a “legal and practical difference,” we said, “between the use of race-conscious criteria . . . to keep the races apart, and the use of race-conscious criteria . . . to bring the races together.”

https://www.sciencespo.fr/en/news/news/the-value-of-diversity-ruth8239bader-ginsburgs-2009-keynote-speech/5051

While LBJ did not pass an civil rights legislation, he did sign civil rights into law and it cannot be credibly argued that LBJ did not push Congress to pass civil rights legislation

LBJ Champions the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Just five days after John F. Kennedy was assassinated in November 1963, Lyndon B. Johnson went before Congress and spoke to a nation still stunned from the events in Dallas that had shocked the world.

Johnson made it clear he would pursue the slain President's legislative agenda—especially a particular bill that Kennedy had sought but that faced strong and vehement opposition from powerful southern Democrats.

"No memorial oration or eulogy could more eloquently honor President Kennedy's memory than the earliest possible passage of the civil rights bill for which he fought so long," Johnson told the lawmakers.

Then, serving notice on his fellow southern Democrats that they were in for a fight, he said: "We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. We have talked for one hundred years or more. It is time now to write the next chapter, and to write it in the books of law."

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2004/summer/civil-rights-act-1.html

y04185 suggests that Ruth Bader Ginsburg saying the NFL Players protest showed contempt for a Country that has afforded them so much opportunity is racist but when Trump called the protesting NFL players SOBs, he declined to opine whether the comment was racist.

Clearly, y04185 has a double standard when evaluating so called racist statements by Democrats and so called racist statements by Republicans. y04185's argument is intellectually dishonest, disingenuous and lacks substance.  :(

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:46:13 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 07:45:59 AM »
I'm always amazed at how the average college educated person doesn't understand the difference in being racist and prejudiced. Every human being on earth is prejudiced about something. A racist is Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and the Republican party. They impose hateful legislation to harm folks. Big difference :popcorn:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »
While the late Justice Ginsburg's statements about the NFL protesters are troubling, those statements are clearly outweighed by Ginsburg's commitment to life long commitment to civil rights and racial equality. Again, Neymar's argument lacks perspective.

In addition, how is RBG any more of a bigot than he is when he spits his bigotry against the VP and other people of color? Glass house living in mf... ::)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:50 AM »
While the late Justice Ginsburg's statements about the NFL protesters are troubling, those statements are clearly outweighed by Ginsburg's commitment to life long commitment to civil rights and racial equality. Again, Neymar's argument lacks perspective.

In addition, how is RBG any more of a bigot than he is when he spits his bigotry against the VP and other people of color? Glass house living in mf... ::)

I dont sit on the supreme court. I also didnt have a bunch of milquetoast white liberals parading me around as the "Notorious RBG" while I befriended racists like Scalia.

RBG has done nothing for Black folks.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 09:42:50 AM »
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

The term doesn’t not apply. Opinion may be the term you are looking for. Based on het view that is what she believes.  She is a lawyer and believe the law should resolve the issue. However, she doesn’t understand that minorities have to draw interest to a situation.  It took George Floyd  for people to believe that changes have to be made,

I, as a black man, is a prime example how you have to experience a situation to fully understand.  I have 3 brothers and 2 nephews. We don’t have criminal records come from a middle class family. For the minority of my life, I never had a negative interaction with a police officer.  At one point, it was hard me to understand some people experiences with officers. 

People have viewpoints based on their experiences. 
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 09:51:10 AM »

I dont sit on the supreme court. I also didnt have a bunch of milquetoast white liberals parading me around as the "Notorious RBG" while I befriended racists like Scalia.

Shelby County v. Holder, 2013

But in 2013, Alabama’s Shelby County challenged the constitutionality of the decades-old act. And in a 5-4 opinion, the Supreme Court agreed, claiming that the restrictions were outdated in the modern era and that it was an unconstitutional violation for Congress — rather than states themselves — to set the terms of elections.

“Throwing out preclearance when it has worked and is continuing to work to stop discriminatory changes,” Ginsburg wrote in a blistering dissent, “is like throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because you are not getting wet.”

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-rulings-to-know-about

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 09:52:46 AM »
Sessions v. Dimaya, 2018

This case was a big win for Ginsburg — she played a hand in striking down legislation that allows certain non-citizens to be expelled from the country.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »

IDGAF where you sit. What you did is no different than what she did, mf. Own your isht.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 12:57:19 AM »
And I TOLD you she was a ghoulish old racist jewish woman?

Well here's another exhibit:

What Couric didn’t include in the Yahoo News interview was Ginsburg saying that athletes protesting in this way were showing “contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life … which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/katie-couric-book-ruth-bader-ginsburg-kneeling-protests_n_616755e8e4b065a5496f7184

Its time for some apologies.
Watch your mouth y'all could be related.  :tiptoe:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 01:08:08 AM »
If my memory serves me correctly Johnson did push the Civil Rights Bill through Congress, probably while he was saying the N Word.  :no: :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 01:53:04 AM »
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

The term doesn’t not apply. Opinion may be the term you are looking for. Based on her view that is what she believes.  She is a lawyer and believe the law should resolve the issue. However, she doesn’t understand that minorities have to draw interest to a situation.  It took George Floyd  for people to believe that changes have to be made,

THIS!!!
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule