News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Pennsylvania mall shooting thwarted by legally armed bystander: 'He is a hero'  (Read 119 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A good guy with a firearm.

Read more 

A legally-armed bystander is being heralded as a hero after he helped thwart a mall shooting in Pennsylvania.

"I think that helped a lot. He is a good person, I think. I don’t know what he did before, but at that moment, he is the one that should be - he is a hero," Hana Ali, a witness of the incident at the Park City Center Mall in Lancaster, told WGAL.

The shooting unfolded Sunday at the Lancaster mall when a 16-year-old suspect reportedly got into a fight with another person and pulled a gun. The teen filed several shots, while multiple people struggled over getting the gun, police said.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

Read more 

A legally-armed bystander is being heralded as a hero after he helped thwart a mall shooting in Pennsylvania.

"I think that helped a lot. He is a good person, I think. I don’t know what he did before, but at that moment, he is the one that should be - he is a hero," Hana Ali, a witness of the incident at the Park City Center Mall in Lancaster, told WGAL.

The shooting unfolded Sunday at the Lancaster mall when a 16-year-old suspect reportedly got into a fight with another person and pulled a gun. The teen filed several shots, while multiple people struggled over getting the gun, police said.

This is absolutely garbage journalism. The Park City Mall is 25 minutes from my house and he is not being held up as a hero. The investigation is not over. Fox News failed to report that he may have shot the victim.  :shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Read more 

This is absolutely garbage journalism. The Park City Mall is 25 minutes from my house and he is not being held up as a hero. The investigation is not over. Fox News failed to report that he may have shot the victim.  :shrug:

Wrong.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
I'm sure you know better than me since John Bey Chief of Police for Lancaster is my neighbor.  :shrug: Fox News ran with a narrative but they are full of s**t.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I'm sure you know better than me since John Bey Chief of Police for Lancaster is my neighbor.  :shrug: Fox News ran with a narrative but they are full of s**t.

He doesn't want armed citizens defending the public.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

It's under investigation. Fox News is pushing a narrative that has not been confirmed. I haven't asked him but I doubt he wants armed people playing vigilante. If it turns out that he actually did shoot the culprit, it would be a rare occurrence. You have a better chance of getting killed with your own gun than being some hero. As gun owners, we have to understand the facts.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

It's under investigation. Fox News is pushing a narrative that has not been confirmed. I haven't asked him but I doubt he wants armed people playing vigilante. If it turns out that he actually did shoot the culprit, it would be a rare occurrence. You have a better chance of getting killed with your own gun than being some hero. As gun owners, we have to understand the facts.

If you had the article you would know you Fox is stringing from a local news source. 

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
No s**t and Fox like usual is adding their own spin. Here are the local reports.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/10/shooting-reported-at-lancaster-mall-reports.html

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/what-we-know---and-dont-know---about-the-park-city-center/article_b4fe2c86-305d-11ec-9e5c-6fb6dd9a9c50.html

That's funny, I don't see anything about anyone being a hero. Additionally, you are not allowed to carry guns in the Park City Mall.  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule