News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: SUPPLY CHAIN SHORTAGES _ YOU GD IDIOTS....THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR....  (Read 775 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: SUPPLY CHAIN SHORTAGES _ YOU GD IDIOTS....THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR....
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2021, 06:53:26 PM »
Hey, Olds..t,

How about this one.....?

Kellyanne Conway Resurfaces With Her Most Brazen Trump Lie Yet

...Supply chain issues were one of the most dominant stories of 2020, when Trump was president and Conway was working in the White House as the start of the coronavirus pandemic triggered panic buying. That, in turn, caused nationwide shortages of everything from toilet paper to pasta, leading to empty shelves in supermarkets.

“During the initial months of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. suffered one of the worst supply chain crises in modern history,” Tinglong Dai, a professor at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, told Newswise, noting that many of the shortages lasted for months.

When supermarkets did have supplies, many enforced strict rationing of essentials such as flour and meat. The lack of food, combined with the loss of jobs due to the pandemic, led to miles-long lines at food banks. 

In addition, essentials needed to control the spread of the virus vanished as the supply chain dried up: masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, disinfectant wipes and more all were difficult or impossible to find....

https://news.yahoo.com/kellyanne-conway-resurfaces-her-most-093337434.html

Y'all, Olds..t is the STUPIDEST MOFO I have ever encountered.....

O0

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2021, 07:05:18 AM »

O0

In the history of the internet... :nod:

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2021, 03:04:17 PM »

O0

In the history of the internet... :nod:

Board,

Some transparency.  My background is supply chain. I have a masters in the subject. I've met the directors of both the ports of  Los Angeles and Long Beach  at events in LA.

Sure you can have relief at the ports but that bottleneck only moves to the intermodal part of the supply chain. Roads, distribution centers etc. Oh and there is the drivers (Labor) shortage. Translation this may be with us for awhile

B4L, I'm thinking about the reefers that come in from SE Asia with seafood. Those trailers need fuel to run those reefers and being that they're sitting offshore for long periods of time, you gotta know that at some point they're going to shut down after running out of fuel. Satellite technology affords companies to monitor fuel, temp, location, etc. on each container of goods they ship. They have to know. I'm also thinking of the loss of those goods and the cost to the insurers. There are a lot of moving part to the supply chain as you well know.

Yep,

You are correct. Also some ships have literally been abandoned because crews have not been paid. But thats really on the hush hush. Others cant pay the fees or the demurrage. They've been left out to dry.

The only thing not mentioned here is the chassis shortage
WHY THE CHASSIS SHORTAGE?
With the implementation of the ELD Mandate, drivers can no longer pick up an extra load like they were used to doing prior to the regulation, (or even half a load for that matter)Therefore, units will actually end up setting unused longer.  Along with them are the chassis.  Moreover,  many of the chassis included in the chassis pool are operationally impairedSo coupled with the ELD Mandate, a large pool of broken chassis, larger volumes of shipments, congestion at the ports and rail ramps, increased street dwell and exiting ocean carriers, it is evident we have a chassis capacity problem in the industry.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 03:11:40 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2021, 12:46:50 PM »
Hey, Olds..t,

How about this one.....?

...Supply chain issues were one of the most dominant stories of 2020, when Trump was president and Conway was working in the White House as the start of the coronavirus pandemic triggered panic buying. That, in turn, caused nationwide shortages of everything from toilet paper to pasta, leading to empty shelves in supermarkets.

“During the initial months of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. suffered one of the worst supply chain crises in modern history,” Tinglong Dai, a professor at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, told Newswise, noting that many of the shortages lasted for months.

When supermarkets did have supplies, many enforced strict rationing of essentials such as flour and meat. The lack of food, combined with the loss of jobs due to the pandemic, led to miles-long lines at food banks. 

In addition, essentials needed to control the spread of the virus vanished as the supply chain dried up: masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, disinfectant wipes and more all were difficult or impossible to find....

O0

OLDS..T!!??!!

O0

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »
Wait, wait, what ??

The government doesn't control the supply chain. That's the private and free enterprise system. It's almost like saying Trump is to blame for the paper products, ammo, and other shortages we had during the end of his administration.

That wasn't Trumps fault...and this isn't Biden's fault.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »
Hey, Olds..t,
How about this one.....?

O0
OLDS..T!!??!!

O0
OLDS..T!!??!!

O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule