News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: University President Charged With Plagiarism (Update)  (Read 339 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: University President Charged With Plagiarism (Update)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 09:35:05 AM »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
 :lol:…………..interesting.

klg, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think the West Liberty board is afraid to move on dude. There’s an old street expression: If you sced, say you sced. And it seems to me the school’s board is sced. I guess they are skittish about having to confront any racial “smoke”.   :shrug:

But delaying any formal action leaves the brutha hanging out there on a limb. The survey of the faculty suggests if there WAS ever a formal vote, about 75% would vote “no confidence”. So instead of his contract being terminated now, he will have to endure a continuing diminishment of his professional reputation. This can’t be good for ANYONE at the school.  :(

Oh, well…………….

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 04:00:49 PM »
:lol:…………..interesting.

klg, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think the West Liberty board is afraid to move on dude. There’s an old street expression: If you sced, say you sced. And it seems to me the school’s board is sced. I guess they are skittish about having to confront any racial “smoke”.   :shrug:

But delaying any formal action leaves the brutha hanging out there on a limb. The survey of the faculty suggests if there WAS ever a formal vote, about 75% would vote “no confidence”. So instead of his contract being terminated now, he will have to endure a continuing diminishment of his professional reputation. This can’t be good for ANYONE at the school.  :(

Oh, well…………….

:tiptoe: :no:

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 09:47:23 AM »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 11:08:54 AM »
klg^^^help me understand what's going on here because I thought the brutha was a "goner". But the governing board decided in a 5-7 vote NOT to terminate dude.  So, I'm wondering if the calculus might suggest that outright "firing" him may cost the school MORE than retaining him.  Certainly don't know the details of homeboy's contract, but it could be that, for example, under the circumstances, plagiarism is NOT grounds for termination.  :shrug:

Anyway, establishing a "disciplinary action plan" sounds like academic speak for we gonna put this nucca under a microscope:o  That means if homeboy doesn't dot every "i" or cross every "t," they are going to move to get rid of him....................or NOT?  :shrug:

Your thoughts, klg and others?

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 01:27:16 PM »
Strike, I believe the board is considering both the optics on this situation and the possibility of litigation if they let him go. I'm sure they won't renew his contract. And he's definitely under a more powerful microscope than he was before.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 01:41:40 PM »
klg^^^thanks for responding because you are in academia and I value your judgment about these matters.  You have proven over the course of your presence on this board that you know what you're talking about.  So, again, thanks.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule