News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Will the shooting at NCCU and other campuses cause you to change your habits?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
:shrug:
What shooting? Folks get shot everyday. What's new?
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Just say no to drinking and posting. 

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Just say no to drinking and posting.

I had to shorten the topic to make it fit, "Will the shooting at NCCU and other campuses cause you to change your habits when attending games?"

So you are saying when crime happens, you don't look for ways to insure you don't become a victim? One thing for sure, I won't be parking in some questionable neighborhoods surrounding campus and walking back to the stadium. Those days are over, especially at night.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
First shooting near the campus during gameday and we need to change our behavior now?  I mean, we should always try to be safe where ever we are.  I believe the incident happened a block from campus. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
No for a multitude of reasons that I won’t get to on here.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
I just always remain alert and AWARE of my surroundings and the people in them. I always pay attention to people. Avoiding certain areas? It just depends.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Jigs gonna be jigs. You can't live in a bubble because of idiots. Anything can happen anytime
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
I'm more concerned about the police than I am the hoods.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Gated communities are no longer insulated from violence ln ence.  Some of their violence comes from inside.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Will the shooting at NCCU and other campuses cause you to change your habits?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:08 AM »
It happened in the parking deck.  I thought maybe security would have been in the area.  The cost to park was $28. :shrug: 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Will the shooting at NCCU and other campuses cause you to change your habits?
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 11:03:43 AM »
The rash of incidents happening on our campus has become very disheartening to me. Most HBCUs were located in sketchy areas, but in general the bad element has always been kept off campus. Now it seems, in many cases, the enemy comes from within. People looking to do bad don't come on campus unless they are invited in. Many of our students deal with them and it is likely related to drug usage.

i have made adjustments to my day to day life because of the current situation in the community. Last week someone went into my car and took change from the center compartment. They were able to do it easily because I made a decision years ago to never lock the doors. Me, my friends and neighbors have had their windows broken in the past, as folk entered looking for change or other items. The question for me became, is it better to lock the doors and deal with the hassle of a broken window, or to take all my valuables out daily and leave it unlocked? Unlocked was better for me because modern auto stereos are useless to the average thief.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »
Thankfully (knocking on wood), we don't have those problems in the Northern Prince George's County woods where our campus is nestled. Could it jump off? Sure. We normally don't get that type of knuckle-headedness til the homecoming show or something like that, and even then it doesn't go THAT far.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 11:05:53 AM »
It happened in the parking deck.  I thought maybe security would have been in the area.  The cost to park was $28. :shrug:

$28 for one game? Holy crap!  :o  Damn, I may have to say a prayer and go back to the Durham hood to park.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 11:06:26 AM »
The question for me became, is it better to lock the doors and deal with the hassle of a broken window, or to take all my valuables out daily and leave it unlocked? Unlocked was better for me because modern auto stereos are useless to the average thief.

Wow. :(
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule