News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: UMES partnership helps pre-vet students, and diversifies the veterinary field  (Read 74 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
At the University of Maryland Eastern Shore, pre-veterinarian students are getting a brighter promise for the future, particularly for those who are minority students, and it’s all thanks to a new partnership. “Now that I’m here and I’m at an HBCU, I’m learning more why you need to diversify the field more and these opportunities are great for that,” says Yahzamon Jackson, a second year pre-vet student.

UMES made a strategic move to partner with Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine to help further student’s education, and be a part of the journey to diversify the veterinary field. “I think it’s starting to be important for these vet schools and medical schools to reach out to these HBCUs and land grant universities to give our students a little bit of a step forward,” says Dr. Kimberly Braxton, Veterinarian & Assistant Professor Department of Agriculture, Food, and Resource Sciences at UMES...

https://www.wmdt.com/2021/09/umes-partnership-helps-pre-veterinary-students-and-diversifies-the-veterinary-field/
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule