News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: A Massachusetts farm apologized after falsely accusing a Black couple of stealin  (Read 169 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Some people of color never learn, they should have given that money to an HBCU.   :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

A Massachusetts farm apologized after falsely accusing a Black couple of stealing 6 apples and calling the police on them

https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachusetts-farm-apologized-falsely-accusing-175225410.html

A Massachusetts farm reportedly apologized to a couple that said it racially profiled them over Labor Day weekend.

Manikka Bowman and Jeff Myers went to Connors Farm in Danvers, Massachusetts, with their two children, aged 18 months and 7-years-old, on Monday, as they shared in a blog post. The farm features fall-themed activities, like corn mazes and apple picking.

In the blog post, Bowman and Myers, who are both Black, wrote that they paid "more than $100 on all-day admission," bought food and beverages, and donated to a scholarship fund the farm advertised throughout the day.

The family also picked apples during their visit.

When Bowman looked into her family's apple bag, she realized her daughters had picked six extra apples than they had been allotted "in their apple-picking excitement," as she wrote in her post.

Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
They should have gone to North Carolina and picked the best peaches in the world.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
They should have gone to North Carolina and picked the best peaches in the world.
???........uhhh, y, Georgia has the BEST peaches in the world.  They don't call themselves The Peach State for nothing.  Have been eating them all of my life and nothing compares to a Georgia peach.  ;)

As for this poor black family trying to pick apples, well, the way they were treated is a disgrace.  Mrs. Strike and I were driving in a rural area about 45 miles outside Cleveland, Oh, just this past Labor Day weekend.  We were headed to a particular winery, but passed by one of these you pick 'em apple orchards.  I came VERY CLOSE to suggesting to Mrs. Strike that we stop and tried to pick some apples.  I saw several white ladies in the orchards picking as we drove by.  Something in my head suggested that we might receive a "different" welcome if we decided to stop.

I guess "pick your own" is yet ANOTHER of those activities that may not necessarily be negro friendly.  :(

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???........uhhh, y, Georgia has the BEST peaches in the world.  They don't call themselves The Peach State for nothing.  Have been eating them all of my life and nothing compares to a Georgia peach.  ;)

As for this poor black family trying to pick apples, well, the way they were treated is a disgrace.  Mrs. Strike and I were driving in a rural area about 45 miles outside Cleveland, Oh, just this past Labor Day weekend.  We were headed to a particular winery, but passed by one of these you pick 'em apple orchards.  I came VERY CLOSE to suggesting to Mrs. Strike that we stop and tried to pick some apples.  I saw several white ladies in the orchards picking as we drove by.  Something in my head suggested that we might receive a "different" welcome if we decided to stop.

I guess "pick your own" is yet ANOTHER of those activities that may not necessarily be negro friendly.  :(
Not sure I can agree with this one Bro. Strike.  SC has some extremely good peaches and produces more than Georgia does.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe Gawgi is in the top three peach producers in the country.  However, their two-legged peaches are something else.  :lol:
AAMU SIAC FB Champs 7, SWAC FB Champs 2 NCAA DI & DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs '21, D2 Blk Nat Swimming and Diving Champs 82-87 SWAC Men's Tennis Champs 21

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???^^^pardon me, boss, but iz u serious?!?!  :o  I have purchased SC peaches from some of the grocery stores in Nashville. And you trying to tell this respectable negro grandfather that those “plum-like” looking things are superior in taste and quality than the plumb, luscious Georgia peach?…….SERIOUSLY, blackman?

Wow!…… :(

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???^^^pardon me, boss, but iz u serious?!?!  :o  I have purchased SC peaches from some of the grocery stores in Nashville. And you trying to tell this respectable negro grandfather that those “plum-like” looking things are superior in taste and quality than the plumb, luscious Georgia peach?…….SERIOUSLY, blackman?

South Carolina peaches are better than Georgia's.  I bought a half bushel of Jersey Queens in Pennsylvania last week that's better than any Georgia peach. 

If you've never had a North Carolina peach you don't know what you're talking about.

Georgia produces some good pecans.  They suck at peaches.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
……………………………………………………
:lol:………..you are the king of hyperbole on this board.  :lol:

BOTH Georgia pecans AND peaches are equally delicious.  ;)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
……………………………………………………
:lol:………..you are the king of hyperbole on this board.  :lol:

BOTH Georgia pecans AND peaches are equally delicious.  ;)

You are half right.  Pecans are good.  Peaches not as good as North Carolina.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

The thing is peaches that are sent to other places are picked earlier so they can ripen en route.  I have a church member who owns a couple of peach orchards and I swear those things will make you slap your momma.  I almost eat a whole basket in one sitting.  Eating them reminds me of when I used to buy Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for my office.  If I got them with the hot sign on I had to get three dozen because one dozen wasn't going to make it to the office.
AAMU SIAC FB Champs 7, SWAC FB Champs 2 NCAA DI & DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs '21, D2 Blk Nat Swimming and Diving Champs 82-87 SWAC Men's Tennis Champs 21

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The unvaccinated are killing us and all y'all can do is  fight over apples and peaches?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 01:13:41 AM by Capler »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The unvaccinated are killing us and all y'all can do is  fight over apples and peaches?

Jawohl

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Well I'll be dayum a dead man is posting on Onnidan.  ::) Yeah your Amazon return thread really furthered the cause of ending COVID. I'm starting to think you are also becoming an "Attention Whore". ::)  :crazy::tiptoe:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule