News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: WSSU and N.C. Central will play against each other on Saturday  (Read 1482 times)

Online Jeff Aggie Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WSSU and N.C. Central will play against each other on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:28:21 PM »
Are GA tickets $40 and what is the policy for NCCU

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 02:43:04 PM »

I heard this today.  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:  Some I know were bringing their families, but decided not to.  I think Central just raised the prices recently.  :o  Oh well,  I have my tickets. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:59:08 PM »
Man, this is going to be a fun game. That stadium puts the fans right on the field. This is truly a love hate game. Basketball is even worse. I remember growing up watching my brother play basketball at Central and my wanting to go to school there. Over the years I have talked a lot of smack about them, but it truly was in fun. Half my family attended NCCU.

Its good they are charging $40-plus for this game. Both schools can us the money.

Offline Warpaint

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 05:33:08 PM »

Yeah, I guess they consider us a Premium Game....

https://nccueaglepride.com/sports/2010/6/22/ATHL_0622102909.aspx

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 07:26:59 PM »
Man, this is going to be a fun game. That stadium puts the fans right on the field. This is truly a love hate game. Basketball is even worse. I remember growing up watching my brother play basketball at Central and my wanting to go to school there. Over the years I have talked a lot of smack about them, but it truly was in fun. Half my family attended NCCU.

Its good they are charging $40-plus for this game. Both schools can us the money.

Whew, I know we need the money, but my goodness.  :lol:  I hope it is a sell-out.  Tickets where I am is around $85. 

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 08:27:02 PM »

Really.  That is too daym nuch.

Whew, I know we need the money, but my goodness.  :lol:  I hope it is a sell-out.  Tickets where I am is around $85.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 10:23:58 PM »
 :lmao:  Cost more than the Bayou Classic.     :lmao:  Wonder what WSSU is getting out of this.  Hope they are getting paid more than what is common for our size stadium. Didn't pay that much for DUKE, CAROLINA, nor STATE.!  People did miss FB being its the first home game.  NCCU is getting all they can get.       

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 11:23:31 PM »
^^^^he would pay this to go to Greensboro... :shrug: 

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 11:34:37 PM »
General admission is $40.  Esl reserved is 85.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »
:lmao:  Cost more than the Bayou Classic.     :lmao:  Wonder what WSSU is getting out of this.  Hope they are getting paid more than what is common for our size stadium. Didn't pay that much for DUKE, CAROLINA, nor STATE.!  People did miss FB being its the first home game.  NCCU is getting all they can get.       

Just playing a old friend is enough for most Rams. We could play them every year in Durham and that would be alright for most Rams I know. I have never felt threatened at any even at NCCU. Can't say the same about Greensboro.

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 08:48:47 AM »

Just playing a old friend is enough for most Rams. We could play them every year in Durham and that would be alright for most Rams I know. I have never felt threatened at any even at NCCU. Can't say the same about Greensboro (a&t).
55 I see what you did.   :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 08:49:24 AM »

Just playing a old friend is enough for most Rams. We could play them every year in Durham and that would be alright for most Rams I know. I have never felt threatened at any even at NCCU. Can't say the same about Greensboro.

I know what you mean. To this day them mutts won't own the fight during our basketball game in G'boro. THEY STARTED IT. I WAS THERE.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 09:47:52 AM »
I wonder if the contract between the two schools was before the COVID outbreak. I heard that it was for $60,000 plus revenue generated from ticket sales at WSSU. if this is true, WSSU could gain up to $100,000. However, what if attendance is drastically affected by COVID? WSSU could potentially make about as much or more than NCCU. If this is the case, I don't think that is fair for Central. Maybe any contracts during COVID should have clauses for adjusting revenue between the two schools in case of lower attendance than expected.

Just a thought.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 10:05:02 AM »
General admission is $40.  Esl reserved is 85.

Probably priced like this as an incentive for alums to purchase season tickets. Hard to find fault with that. How much are season tickets?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule