News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Not many dogs barking these days  (Read 1638 times)

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Not many dogs barking these days
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 07:28:11 PM »
55 has a point.  The truth hurts.  Enjoy the BS and take us off your schedule.  You know, yawl with the big schools and all.

I mean if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, then whatever.
Yep the crazy train has left the station. The bird said take them off our schedule like they were not at the table signing the same contracts we did.

We welcome playing other HBCUs…and our fellow HBCUSWant to play A&T.

Since going to the BS we signed SCSU, NCCU, WSSU, NSU…the list will get longer and longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »
55 has a point.  The truth hurts.  Enjoy the BS and take us off your schedule.  You know, yawl with the big schools and all.

Yep the crazy train has left the station. The bird said take them off our schedule like they were not at the table signing the same contracts we did.

Since going to the BS we signed SCSU, NCCU, WSSU, NSU…the list will get longer and longer.

There is that arrogant attitude, "We welcome playing other HBCUs."  Why would you have to welcome that?  You know that your move would be a failure without other HBCUs.  Why move out but yet lobby to continue to play other HBCUs? :shrug:  I won't be in Greensboro next Saturday, so enjoy playing your "HBCU."   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2021, 10:49:42 PM »
NCCU and the rest of the MEAC schools remaining will survive.  A&T, Hampton, FAMU and their coattail Bethune made a strong business decision which invariably affects their bottomline.   :shrug:  We all hated long term friends to part in that manner, but it must play out in the books with stakeholders who equally love all the aforementioned institutions with true old friends hoping them the best.    Really, why hate on another families decision of moving to a new home in a new neighborhood having  wherewithal to succeed for the benefit of the family and persons next door- left behind prays for your failure.  I didn't come from that type family nor applaud those who differed. 

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2021, 05:28:02 AM »
NCCU and the rest of the MEAC schools remaining will survive.  A&T, Hampton, FAMU and their coattail Bethune made a strong business decision which invariably affects their bottomline.   :shrug:  We all hated long term friends to part in that manner, but it must play out in the books with stakeholders who equally love all the aforementioned institutions with true old friends hoping them the best.    Really, why hate on another families decision of moving to a new home in a new neighborhood having  wherewithal to succeed for the benefit of the family and persons next door- left behind prays for your failure.  I didn't come from that type family nor applaud those who differed.

They don't need your help.   :lol:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2021, 08:21:44 AM »

WileECoyote06 -  Ya'll need to do something about this dude. He is basically a man without a school. Not one Aggie or Eagle has ever cosigned any of his posts. He gets on my nerves and can tell most of you birds nerves as well.  :shrug:

PLEASE TAKE HIS FEATHERS.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2021, 08:25:47 AM »

You really think AGGIES believe we are too good to support Black people or Black institutions or organizations.

SOME of you do. :nod:

55 haters, I COULD get GET UP RAMS out of retirement! ;D

Oldschoolram - Black people has always hated other smart black people. Well, they better keep hating because I won't dummy down for them.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:27 AM »

Where is Shaw? Where are you games in Winston. You use to play a full schedule of black folks. Ask yourself, would any of the BS schools hire a black Athletic Director and let him move his team to the MEAC? You Aggies see only what they want you to see. When you hear the first N word from their fans a light will turn on.... maybe. We don't have enough of our culture left to give any of it away. America hates us and uses us for its gain... not ours.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2021, 08:33:48 AM »

Please don't disrespect FAMU and Bethune. What they did is nothing like what A&T and Hampton did. Please stop posting.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2021, 09:23:39 AM »

WileECoyote06 -  Ya'll need to do something about this dude. He is basically a man without a school. Not one Aggie or Eagle has ever cosigned any of his posts. He gets on my nerves and can tell most of you birds nerves as well.  :shrug:

PLEASE TAKE HIS FEATHERS.

He's the oldsport of the sport page.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2021, 09:45:32 AM »

There is that arrogant attitude, "We welcome playing other HBCUs."  Why would you have to welcome that?  You know that your move would be a failure without other HBCUs.  Why move out but yet lobby to continue to play other HBCUs? :shrug:  I won't be in Greensboro next Saturday, so enjoy playing your "HBCU."

Why wouldn't A&T want to play other HBCUs...local FCS programs, or even local FBS programs.  :shrug:

That's good for our program.

Wait, wait, what? So if playing other HBCUs is important to our success why would we not play other HBCUs...I don't recall any admin, fan, or coach stating A&T doesn't want to play HBCUs. A&T has always played HBCUs. What are y'all talking about?  :crazy:

Hey, that's on you...don't come to the game...you can watch on TV if you like. The show will go on without you. Two of the states largest HBCUs with a long standing rivalry will play football for the first time in a couple years. A resurgent NCCU will face off against a HBCU powerhouse. In the near future the game will move to Charlotte...will be sponsored and in a pro stadium. This game is bigger then you.

Good luck this week against the rams.   

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »

Where is Shaw? Where are you games in Winston. You use to play a full schedule of black folks. Ask yourself, would any of the BS schools hire a black Athletic Director and let him move his team to the MEAC? You Aggies see only what they want you to see. When you hear the first N word from their fans a light will turn on.... maybe. We don't have enough of our culture left to give any of it away. America hates us and uses us for its gain... not ours.

We haven't scheduled Shaw...A&T reduced the number of D2 schools we play years ago. As I recall, the last time we played Shaw Rod Broadway was coach. He liked to have a D2 warm up game at the start of the season...I like the idea of a warm up game (Especially seeing we are warm ups for FBS schools), but don't expect to see lots of D2 programs on our schedule.

We recently signed a 2 game deal with WSSU right? You know full well why we aren't playing any games in Winston. The rams are a D2 school and A&T is D1. We are in a higher division, and the common practice is for the lower division school to take a payout and travel to the higher division school...and that is exactly with the rams are doing.

I have no idea what any of the other BS schools would do or who they would hire.

Yes, yes, I know...we AGGIES are blind, we are helpless sheep that are being led around. We are being fooled...sellouts, and all that other stuff. Our research on the issue if flawed, we moved to quickly, we have no idea what we are doing, we have poor leadership, etc.

We will be disrespected by their fans...we are giving away our culture...we are no longer a HBCU. They are using US to destroy US.

This country is full of boogiemen and conspiracy theories right now.

You need to ask yourself what is really at the core of your A&T hate, because it is not pretty. 

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2021, 10:06:07 AM »

We haven't scheduled Shaw...A&T reduced the number of D2 schools we play years ago. As I recall, the last time we played Shaw Rod Broadway was coach. He liked to have a D2 warm up game at the start of the season...I like the idea of a warm up game (Especially seeing we are warm ups for FBS schools), but don't expect to see lots of D2 programs on our schedule.

We recently signed a 2 game deal with WSSU right? You know full well why we aren't playing any games in Winston. The rams are a D2 school and A&T is D1. We are in a higher division, and the common practice is for the lower division school to take a payout and travel to the higher division school...and that is exactly with the rams are doing.

I have no idea what any of the other BS schools would do or who they would hire.

Yes, yes, I know...we AGGIES are blind, we are helpless sheep that are being led around. We are being fooled...sellouts, and all that other stuff. Our research on the issue if flawed, we moved to quickly, we have no idea what we are doing, we have poor leadership, etc.

We will be disrespected by their fans...we are giving away our culture...we are no longer a HBCU. They are using US to destroy US.

You need to ask yourself what is really at the core of your A&T hate, because it is not pretty.

We played Mars Hill in 2017.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »

Everything you have said is not correct. I just don't have time to explain to such an uninformed person.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »

You really think AGGIES believe we are too good to support Black people or Black institutions or organizations.

SOME of you do. :nod:

55 haters, I COULD get GET UP RAMS out of retirement! ;D

I dare you.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2021, 07:04:56 AM »
I'm just tired of seeing HBCUs get out coached by pwcs.  A&T held their own in the first half, but the Duke staff was studying them like they were a specimen under a microscope. They came back in the second, put the plan in place and blew them away. Is it staffing, lack of skilled staff, I don't get it. It happens most of the time when HBCUs play pwcs. We do ok in the first half but then..... :o

They weren't out coached but overly platooned through  changes on the O-Line.   That was Cutcliffe ace in the hole and he used it.   Yes A&T held their own in the first half, but those fresh bodies, coming in and out eventually showed benefit for DUKE.    Imagine running a marathon against a group of fresh interchanging  runners  every five miles as you trod alone.   Should those games be played.  IMHO, YES!  Good teams and coaches like those challenges.  It reveals, where they are, where their weaknesses are and what needs improving.   Deon knows his weaknesses at JSU and should he continue on his path will become a power too in his division.  Power 5 coaches and staffs have this saying  "out recruit".   Meaning- find the best tackles, receivers, QB's, etc in that years recruiting class and look for better ones that next year.  Capler, if you played on playgrounds as a youngster, you wanted to play with the older boys because they were  better and your game got better too from the competition of having to jump higher and run faster to keep up.  The coaches know what happened and will improve on getting it better.  Its not a lack of skilled staff but numbers when your bench is not as deep especially as the visiting team with limited numbers. NCCU played them and saw the same scenario first half vis-a-vis second half.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:16:42 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule