News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Not many dogs barking these days  (Read 1662 times)

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Not many dogs barking these days
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 01:38:44 PM »
I'm just tired of seeing HBCUs get out coached by pwcs.  A&T held their own in the first half, but the Duke staff was studying them like they were a specimen under a microscope. They came back in the second, put the plan in place and blew them away. Is it staffing, lack of skilled staff, I don't get it. It happens most of the time when HBCUs play pwcs. We do ok in the first half but then..... :o

I believe it's more to it than that.  The number of stars next to your recruits is significant also.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 02:15:54 PM »
It might be more than just coaching,  but coaching is definitely a big part of it. We have yet to determine what percentage of coaching it is. IMO, Coach Broadway was the only HBCU coach that had the necessary coaching skills to match any opponent that stood across the field from him.  As they say, one side is playing checkers while the other side is playing chess.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 02:57:58 PM »
The big difference in talent is between FBS and FCS.

Coach Broadway the only one?  Hmmm.

55 I'll be there.  I'll be wearing my Oldschoolram T-shirt.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2021, 03:06:15 PM »
Coach Richardson did it when he first got to SU by beating Northwestern State on a regular, but when it comes to HBCU coaches defeating PWI's at the DI level, the list is mighty short.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:09:48 PM by JAG89 »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 03:22:40 PM »
For the past two years every other thread, on this forum, was about those Aggies from Greensboro. They constantly bragged about how they were levels better than the rest of the HBCU world. Now what. I here crickets coming out of Greensboro. These guys let the worst team in the ACC toy with them. Apparently beating an extremely week Kent State, or the weakest ECU ever got to their heads. Now if I come across sounding happy they got stomped  last night, it's because I  am very happy.
I'm guessing that only two or three will continue to post... but only for awhile. The so called "HBCUs Alabama", will become jokes as soon as this year. They be begging to come back to the MEAC. In three years they'll will begging to play WSSU in Winston. Just watch.

Sellouts.
Boi you love to go after your cousins don't you? Lol...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:27:20 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 03:25:31 PM »
Ram…….I understand the passion underlying your post. While you like to rib the Aggies on this board, and utterly disagree with their decision to withdraw from the Meac and align themselves with a white athletic conference, I would disagree with your conclusion that they are “sellouts”.

Look, no doubt the first two weeks have been humbling for the Aggies. Not sure anyone seriously thought they had a chance against an ACC program like Duke, but it’s likely going to be a long slog for them the rest of the season.

Don’t want to preach, but this is an HBCU board. It doesn’t help comity on this board to spitefully slam fellow HBCU’s. I say all of this out of respect for you and because I have too been humbled. The loss by my Rattlers ro JSU last weekend was humiliating, even if the margin was only by one point. Many Rattlers are shocked by our team’s performance. And our head coach is one who just last season was touted as a serious candidate for a head coaching position at either a mid-major program or coordinator at a Power 5 program.

Anyway, it’s gonna be a loooong season for many of us. Let’s not devolve into nastiness.  :shrug:
If you want to see nastiness let the Rattlers not "Strike", "Strike", "Strike", and lose to Fort Valley today. 

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2021, 10:56:44 PM »
You are correct 55... :lol:  Bow wow... :lmao:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 11:27:29 PM »
I agree with you Strike. I never hear/read of PWC’s talking/writing as much negative bullshyt about their peer schools as much as I do here on this site or other places. Sometimes we are our own enemy. I love my G-Ram but I won’t really start talking BS until we start going deep in the Playoffs and win big or just win against other top notch programs. And I’m talking about programs that are consistently in the playoffs and winning..We have to do more in every phase of the game offensively and defensively. Every position on the team including coaching must be top notch or they will be exposed and exploited and we will lose out most times.

You must not have been on any other sports fan forum or message board  :lmao:

Here go look around anygivensaturady.com
:lmao: You are not lying because those white folks are worse than HBCU's. They hate each other. 

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2021, 01:33:45 AM »
For the past two years every other thread, on this forum, was about those Aggies from Greensboro. They constantly bragged about how they were levels better than the rest of the HBCU world. Now what. I here crickets coming out of Greensboro. These guys let the worst team in the ACC toy with them. Apparently beating an extremely week Kent State, or the weakest ECU ever got to their heads. Now if I come across sounding happy they got stomped  last night, it's because I  am very happy.
I'm guessing that only two or three will continue to post... but only for awhile. The so called "HBCUs Alabama", will become jokes as soon as this year. They be begging to come back to the MEAC. In three years they'll will begging to play WSSU in Winston. Just watch.

Sellouts.

Bro, you seriously need to seek professional help. I've been on this message board since 1999 and I don't think I've ever seen one person this obsessed.
Win,lose or draw Aggies will always be around. By the way, were you even aware your team won on Saturday?

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »
I'm just tired of seeing HBCUs get out coached by pwcs.  A&T held their own in the first half, but the Duke staff was studying them like they were a specimen under a microscope. They came back in the second, put the plan in place and blew them away. Is it staffing, lack of skilled staff, I don't get it. It happens most of the time when HBCUs play pwcs. We do ok in the first half but then..... :o

Halftime adjustments and depth are  basically our downfall in the long run.

The Arizona vs. Grambling game below from 2016 will prove my point.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »
THOSE DOGS HAVE NOTHING TO  BE ASHAMED .I was there.   Duke ran a hurry up offense, ( NCCU ran on Alcorn)knowing A&T bench was not deep enough to sustain aggressions from its platooning o- line.  That 25 seconds meant nothing to Duke
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 09:44:43 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
THOSE DOGS HAVE NOTHING TO  BE ASHAMED .I was there.   Duke ran a hurry up offense, ( NCCU ran on Alcorn)knowing A&T bench was not deep enough to sustain aggressions from its platooning o- line.  That 25 seconds meant nothing to Duke

So the "Aggie wannabe" crawls from under his rock. NCCU should band you from calling yourself a bird.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2021, 02:39:51 PM »
Never fear the truth.  That is what happened.  Duke was running 2 plays to T's one.   Duke had a longer bench and could substitute fresh bodies on series.  They wore T down with that scheme.    Nothing against T but it happens.  I enjoyed the game and T while licking their wounds can afford the aspirins.  They are among many FCS teams playing power % opponents.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2021, 02:52:46 PM »

So the "Aggie wannabe" crawls from under his rock. NCCU should band you from calling yourself a bird.

"band" = self smack!   :lol:

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2021, 03:01:47 PM »

I am drawing up the paper work.. :lol:  He loves praising those aggies for some reason.   :shrug:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule