News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Not many dogs barking these days  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Not many dogs barking these days
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:20:38 AM »
For the past two years every other thread, on this forum, was about those Aggies from Greensboro. They constantly bragged about how they were levels better than the rest of the HBCU world. Now what. I here crickets coming out of Greensboro. These guys let the worst team in the ACC toy with them. Apparently beating an extremely week Kent State, or the weakest ECU ever got to their heads. Now if I come across sounding happy they got stomped  last night, it's because I  am very happy.
I'm guessing that only two or three will continue to post... but only for awhile. The so called "HBCUs Alabama", will become jokes as soon as this year. They be begging to come back to the MEAC. In three years they'll will begging to play WSSU in Winston. Just watch.

Sellouts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:25:12 AM by Ram55 »

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Not many dogs barking these days
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »
Ram…….I understand the passion underlying your post. While you like to rib the Aggies on this board, and utterly disagree with their decision to withdraw from the Meac and align themselves with a white athletic conference, I would disagree with your conclusion that they are “sellouts”.

Look, no doubt the first two weeks have been humbling for the Aggies. Not sure anyone seriously thought they had a chance against an ACC program like Duke, but it’s likely going to be a long slog for them the rest of the season.

Don’t want to preach, but this is an HBCU board. It doesn’t help comity on this board to spitefully slam fellow HBCU’s. I say all of this out of respect for you and because I have too been humbled. The loss by my Rattlers ro JSU last weekend was humiliating, even if the margin was only by one point. Many Rattlers are shocked by our team’s performance. And our head coach is one who just last season was touted as a serious candidate for a head coaching position at either a mid-major program or coordinator at a Power 5 program.

Anyway, it’s gonna be a loooong season for many of us. Let’s not devolve into nastiness.  :shrug:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:44:28 AM »
Ram…….I understand the passion underlying your post. While you like to rib the Aggies on this board, and utterly disagree with their decision to withdraw from the Meac and align themselves with a white athletic conference, I would disagree with your conclusion that they are “sellouts”.

Look, no doubt the first two weeks have been humbling for the Aggies. Not sure anyone seriously thought they had a chance against an ACC program like Duke, but it’s likely going to be a long slog for them the rest of the season.

Don’t want to preach, but this is an HBCU board. It doesn’t help comity on this board to spitefully slam fellow HBCU’s. I say all of this out of respect for you and because I have too been humbled. The loss by my Rattlers ro JSU last weekend was humiliating, even if the margin was only by one point. Many Rattlers are shocked by our team’s performance. And our head coach is one who just last season was touted as a serious candidate for a head coaching position at either a mid-major program or coordinator at a Power 5 program.

Anyway, it’s gonna be a loooong season for many of us. Let’s not devolve into nastiness.  :shrug:
If you want to see nastiness let the Rattlers not "Strike", "Strike", "Strike", and lose to Fort Valley today.  :lol:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »
I agree with you Strike. I never hear/read of PWC’s talking/writing as much negative bullshyt about their peer schools as much as I do here on this site or other places. Sometimes we are our own enemy. I love my G-Ram but I won’t really start talking BS until we start going deep in the Playoffs and win big or just win against other top notch programs. And I’m talking about programs that are consistently in the playoffs and winning..We have to do more in every phase of the game offensively and defensively. Every position on the team including coaching must be top notch or they will be exposed and exploited and we will lose out most times.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »
For the past two years every other thread, on this forum, was about those Aggies from Greensboro. They constantly bragged about how they were levels better than the rest of the HBCU world. Now what. I here crickets coming out of Greensboro. These guys let the worst team in the ACC toy with them. Apparently beating an extremely week Kent State, or the weakest ECU ever got to their heads. Now if I come across sounding happy they got stomped  last night, it's because I  am very happy.
I'm guessing that only two or three will continue to post... but only for awhile. The so called "HBCUs Alabama", will become jokes as soon as this year. They be begging to come back to the MEAC. In three years they'll will begging to play WSSU in Winston. Just watch.

Sellouts.

In all honesty, when your FCS team beats an FBS team, your chest is SUPPOSED to stick out a little bit.
FBS-85 scholarships max.
FCS-63 scholarships max.
And I'm betting that these FBS school's athletic budgets will eclipse A&T's athletic budget, maybe 2-3 times over!
It's not A&T's fault that FBS schools like Kent State, ECU, and (was it UNC-Charlotte?) don't have their siht together!

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »
I agree with you Strike. I never hear/read of PWC’s talking/writing as much negative bullshyt about their peer schools as much as I do here on this site or other places. Sometimes we are our own enemy. I love my G-Ram but I won’t really start talking BS until we start going deep in the Playoffs and win big or just win against other top notch programs. And I’m talking about programs that are consistently in the playoffs and winning..We have to do more in every phase of the game offensively and defensively. Every position on the team including coaching must be top notch or they will be exposed and exploited and we will lose out most times.

You must not have been on any other sports fan forum or message board  :lmao:

Here go look around anygivensaturady.com

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
55 are you going to Salisbury?

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »
I have to say, the silence was deafening last night. If last night's results were different or even close, this board and other sports boards would have been lit.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 12:23:47 PM »
I have to say, the silence was deafening last night. If last night's results were different or even close, this board and other sports boards would have been lit.

Exactly

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 12:27:47 PM »

Sure I'll be there. How about you?

Offline OgRamBall3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »
If the aggies dont fix their secondary issues i can see central lighting them up!! Offensively, i think they will hold their own with the BS teams. I hope they have a good year.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 12:32:39 PM »

Sure I'll be there. How about you?

The best thing about being right is that you don't need others cosigning. When our biggest and best don't lead they need to be called out, even if I have to be the only one doing it.

Online Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 12:42:05 PM »
 :(
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 01:01:16 PM »
HBCU fans are interested in games between HBCUs.  All other games become interesting when your team wins. 

Ohio Valley
Austin Peay
Murray State
Morehead State
Southeast Missouri
Tennessee State   
Tennessee Tech   
UT Martin
Eastern Illinois

Big South
Hampton
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Robert Morris University
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Monmouth
North Alabama
North Carolina A&T

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 01:10:03 PM »
I'm just tired of seeing HBCUs get out coached by pwcs.  A&T held their own in the first half, but the Duke staff was studying them like they were a specimen under a microscope. They came back in the second, put the plan in place and blew them away. Is it staffing, lack of skilled staff, I don't get it. It happens most of the time when HBCUs play pwcs. We do ok in the first half but then..... :o

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule