News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."  (Read 100385 times)

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...

My favorite all-time Linguist, Historian, Anthropologist, Physicist and Politician from the Mother Land...

Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:57:40 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
YES!!

Dr. Diop was a multi-genius.

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Folks like to talk about Cleopatra, who was a latecomer in the thousands years of Kemet civilization and a descendant, in part, of non-African invaders.

She's famous for what amounts to a surrender to the Europeans, and for being portrayed by Elizabeth Taylor in Hollywood.

But how many of us had heard of "The One-Eyed Queen" of Kush, the Kandake Amanirenas [“uh-mon-ee-RAY-nus”]?

By all accounts Queen Amanirenas was a BAAAAAAAAD Sister!!!!

Here's a story written for children and for our 2 or 3 posters with limited comprehension skills...

Who Was the One-Eyed Queen Who Defeated Caesar?

The reign of Kandake Amanirenas lasted thirty years (40-10 B.C.E.). Experts believe she was born sometime between 60 and 50 B.C.E. She led Kush at a very important time when the nation was under threat from the Roman Empire.

In 30 B.C.E., the Roman emperor Caesar Augustus conquered Egypt. That’s when he set his sights south to Kush. But Kandake Amanirenas was ready. In 24 B.C.E., she led 30,000 soldiers against the Roman forces in Egypt. She and her son, Prince Akinidad, fought among the soldiers and won a great victory.

As a result of this first battle, Kush took three Roman cities and many captives. The Kus**te troops also defaced many monuments to Caesar Augustus throughout the cities. Amanirenas ordered the head removed from one bronze statue of Augustus. Upon return to her palace, she buried the head beneath the entrance as an insult to the emperor.

Rome launched a counterattack. It reclaimed its lost cities and invaded Kush. Kandake Amanirenas continued to fight. In one battle, she lost an eye. After healing, she returned to battle. Amanirenas also lost her son in the fight, which would become known as the Meroitic War (after Kush’s capital, Meroe).
UNQUOTE
https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-the-One-Eyed-Queen-Who-Defeated-Caesar

In the children's version, they don't say that the Europeans' advance was halted and it was they, who sued for peace.

Here is an animated video about Amanirenas by the inimitable Brother of Home Team History.

O0   99758

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule