News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Smoked Salsa Verde on the Traeger  (Read 137 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Smoked Salsa Verde on the Traeger
« on: August 21, 2021, 07:46:48 PM »
OMG! The bomb got detonated a bit earlier today. Bruh man took it to a whole nother level today.

Smoked tomatillos, mild hatch peppers, jalepenos, Serrano peppers, onions & garlic on the Traeger. Then switched it to grill as we prepared some medium sized shrimp on skewers for a Mexican inspired salad for dinner.

Grilled off the finish the salsa ingredients and put them in the blender with the juice of a few limes, EVOO and coarse salt with an entire bunch of cilantro, stems and all…washed of coarse before pulsing in the blender. Added a couple of eyeballed TBS of ground cumin.

Aw man, that joint was off the chain…I may have to sell a few jars and test market it. The smokiness of the veggies gave it a better earthier taste vs just blender green tomatoes. The peppers and smoked seeds…whew….amazing notes to finish it off.

The chilled Pinot Grigio with the salad entree and side of salsa….-and we used a bit of the salsa to marinate the shrimp prior to grilling….

I want a piece of that damn Bobby Flay….I’d wear his ass out….

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule