News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Howard homecoming in person — for now  (Read 347 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Howard homecoming in person — for now
« on: July 30, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
The 2021 Howard homecoming plan is to be in person this October. But government restrictions due to COVID-19 could shift to virtual.
https://hbcugameday.com/2021/07/30/howard-homecoming-in-person-for-now/
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Howard homecoming in person — for now
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 05:24:59 PM »
 :no:……..two months ago, I thought ALL of our campuses would be good to go with HC and the rest of the fall football season.  But because these FOOLS won’t get vaccinated, the Delta variant is, ONCE AGAIN, uprooting life as we know it.

Lord, have mercy.   :(

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 06:13:48 PM »
:no:……..two months ago, I thought ALL of our campuses would be good to go with HC and the rest of the fall football season.  But because these FOOLS won’t get vaccinated, the Delta variant is, ONCE AGAIN, uprooting life as we know it.

You could literally apply the “ For Now” to all of our campuses and college football as a whole l.

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 08:04:33 PM »

You could literally apply the “ For Now” to all of our campuses and college football as a whole l.

Facts

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 08:45:49 PM »
the entire country needs to be on a 90day mask mandate. we can enjoy life with masks on in all public spaces.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »
I'm part of a major tailgating crew and will probably bow out this year if this goes thru.

The same cew are getting suites at Audi Field for the Hampton game and I'm sitting that out totally.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 10:15:44 PM »
Bison and board.....your humble poster has had his share of some health challenges over the last year or so. And Mrs. Strike and I had already decided even before this Delta rage that we were going to bow out of large crowds this fall. We're also concerned about exposure to our grandbabies who are too young to be vaccinated.

But I REALLY hate it that other folks, like Bison, may now have to change their plans for tailgating and the like. I honestly thought everything would be cool this fall, but here we are.  :shrug:

Seriously, though, it's time for black folks, and EVERYONE ELSE, including one DUMB A.Z.Z sister of mine, to get vaccinated. The longer we are well below herd immunity numbers, the worse off we ALL are, vaccinated or not.    :no:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »

Yep. And it looks worse as the days go on

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
Bison and board.....your humble poster has had his share of some health challenges over the last year or so. And Mrs. Strike and I had already decided even before this Delta rage that we were going to bow out of large crowds this fall. We're also concerned about exposure to our grandbabies who are too young to be vaccinated.

But I REALLY hate it that other folks, like Bison, may now have to change their plans for tailgating and the like. I honestly thought everything would be cool this fall, but here we are.  :shrug:

Seriously, though, it's time for black folks, and EVERYONE ELSE, including one DUMB A.Z.Z sister of mine, to get vaccinated. The longer we are well below herd immunity numbers, the worse off we ALL are, vaccinated or not.    :no:

I've deployed multiple times and learned about delayed gratification or being removed from doing fun things. I'll just hunker for another year and work on my health ,relationship with the Lord, home and mancave. I see so many friends and relatives on social media posting pictures from vacations, reunions and cruises. More power to em. :shrug:I'm starting to hoard stuff because this nation is going into a second lockdown weather we want to or not.

I know this is alot for a homecoming post but stepping near the plot, talking trash at the tailgate and watching eye candy stroll by can wait another year. Too many of "us" aren't doing the right thing and I'm not chancing it.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
Unfortunately, we just never know what is around the corner. I think many of us believed by [certain time of the year], that things would be back to normal.  With so many folks acting the way that they do and adding to that this new variant of virus, we will literally be right back where we were this same time last year. 

Buckle up, hold on tight...nope, it ain't the strawberry letter, its COVID-19. PART 2...OR 3. That bitch is still here and with a serious attitude.  :tongue2:

Online FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 09:54:16 AM »
I agree with every last one of you guys.

I was on a Zoom with a group of my chapter bros two nights ago and we were coming to the same conclusions about this coming fall. It's a flippin' shame, but our "countrymen" just won't do right. :shrug:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 05:56:40 PM »
Unfortunately, we just never know what is around the corner. I think many of us believed by [certain time of the year], that things would be back to normal.  With so many folks acting the way that they do and adding to that this new variant of virus, we will literally be right back where we were this same time last year. 

Buckle up, hold on tight...nope, it ain't the strawberry letter, its COVID-19. PART 2...OR 3. That bitch is still here and with a serious attitude.  :tongue2:

Not exactly. We're still going to see an increase in hospitalizations, but unlike last year, it will be almost unvaccinated people in those beds. Those of us vaccinated have little to worry about if we follow protocol.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule