News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Tuskegee Football Schedule  (Read 1459 times)

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Tuskegee Football Schedule
« on: July 23, 2021, 11:44:19 AM »
Who is Tuskegee going to play on September 18, 2021?  They're on the schedules of Virginia State University and Edward Waters University for that date.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:29:59 PM by VSU Trojan 99 »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuskegee Football Schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 12:23:01 PM »
Who is Tuskegee going to play on September 18, 2021?  They're on the schedule of Virginia State University and Edward Waters University for that date.

Even more of a magic trick....Edward Waters is a home game,
Va State is an away game.  David Copperfield, top that
  :lol:

ESPN has the Golden Cats AT Va State on Sep. 18th.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2657

This is like 2019 when we had Albany State and Southern scheduled for the same date.

:shrug:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:24:54 PM by Jay_Thomas »

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »
Are there any updates from the Golden Tigers on their schedule?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
My bet is Edward Waters 1) they are in the SIAC now and 2) it's a home game that Skegee doesn't seem to get many of.  What is really hard to believe is it's the end of July and they don't have a schedule up on their website.  Slater must be related to Hicks. :shrug:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:47:43 PM by Que82 »
AAMU SIAC FB Champs 7, SWAC FB Champs 2 NCAA DI & DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs '21, D2 Blk Nat Swimming and Diving Champs 82-87 SWAC Men's Tennis Champs 21

Offline dragon601713

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 03:28:32 PM »
I might try to make the trip when they play Lane.
LC!! YOU KNOW!

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »
 :lol: I'm starting to wonder if our old AD,
 Patillo is doing Skegee's football schedule.

Me:  Patillo, when the schedule coming out, man?

Patillo:  When I put it out.

::) Ole S.A.N. Good riddance.
;D

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:28:00 PM »
My bet is Edward Waters 1) they are in the SIAC now and 2) it's a home game that Skegee doesn't seem to get many of.  What is really hard to believe is it's the end of July and they don't have a schedule up on their website.  Slater must be related to Hicks. :shrug:

The problem there is that we have a signed contract to play them on September 18, 2021 in Petersburg, Virginia.  It's going to be interesting because one school is going to have an open date on that day.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 10:30:28 PM »

The problem there is that we have a signed contract to play them on September 18, 2021 in Petersburg, Virginia.  It's going to be interesting because one school is going to have an open date on that day.
Check the signature to make sure it doesn't say Booker T. Washington or George Washington Carver. :lol: How much is the payout for not coming, they may make more money by playing EWU at home and paying it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:32:22 PM by Que82 »
AAMU SIAC FB Champs 7, SWAC FB Champs 2 NCAA DI & DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs '21, D2 Blk Nat Swimming and Diving Champs 82-87 SWAC Men's Tennis Champs 21

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 07:52:56 AM »

Check the signature to make sure it doesn't say Booker T. Washington or George Washington Carver. :lol: How much is the payout for not coming, they may make more money by playing EWU at home and paying it.

:lmao: at your comment about the signatures of Booker T. Washington or George Washington Carver.  They should honor the contract they signed.  It was in 2016 that we got them out of a jam they were in because they didn't have enough games to qualify for the playoffs and our season had ended.  We came down there and played them with less than a week's notice to prepare for the game to help them out.  By the way, we won the game 45 - 35.  Honoring the contract to play us is the only right thing to do. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:54:27 AM by VSU Trojan 99 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 04:15:23 PM »

:lmao: at your comment about the signatures of Booker T. Washington or George Washington Carver.  They should honor the contract they signed.  It was in 2016 that we got them out of a jam they were in because they didn't have enough games to qualify for the playoffs and our season had ended.  We came down there and played them with less than a week's notice to prepare for the game to help them out.  By the way, we won the game 45 - 35.  Honoring the contract to play us is the only right thing to do.

Don't get me wrong... I love TU. However, they signed that contract when they thought they were going to win that game. It would have been worth it if they had won. By losing that game, they lost twice. They ate, the food was not good and now don't want to pay.

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 05:26:54 PM »

Honestly I don't know what is going on with the contract but strongly agree with VSU Trojan 99 it should be honored. It will be honored one way or the other. Communication has been slow coming out of Skegee lately hopefully some of that will change especially with a new president (Dr. Morris) taking office August 01, 2021. Maybe it was Booker T and Dr. Carver signatures. :snicker
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 06:56:56 PM by lew9ball »
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »
Now that SIAC media day has been completed, has the scheduling problem on September 18, 2021 for Tuskegee been resolved?

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 02:59:38 PM »
 ;D :lol: :snicker :lmao:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »
Well, while we wait for the official TU schedule to be released....

:shrug: Question to my Skegee cuzzins.

Are the Golden Tigers excited about the Classic being in their home state [in Bham] for the 1st time?  ;D

I'm actually kind of excited and I see that it is scheduled for 8pm.

:nod:  Should be interesting these next 3 years.

Offline VSU Trojan 99

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 10:06:56 AM »
When is the Athletic Director going to make a decision as it relates to September 18, 2021?  ESPN is reporting the SIAC master schedule having Tuskegee playing Virginia State on that date.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/136/siac-conference

There is a Tuskegee alumni website that has the football schedule showing them playing Edward Waters.

https://skegeegoldentigers.org/

As I stated in an earlier post, Tuskegee should honor the contract and come up here to play us.  Not playing us will put us in a bind and we got you guys out of one when you needed a game.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:10:50 AM by VSU Trojan 99 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule