News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Black Georgia couple refused vaccine because of Tuskegee experiment, die of COVI  (Read 851 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Anyone else notice the narrative being pushed here. Every article in Media now is about folks who didn't get the vaccine. Wonder why? It's not a coincidence....
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ignorance kills.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ignorance kills.

Media pushes narratives. 
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
Initially I had second thoughts of taking the vaccine as well mostly based on the infamous Tuskegee Experiment. However after considerable reevaluating and "following the science" I changed my thinking. May the Daniels rest in eternal peace.
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
The Tuskegee Institute is graduating some real geniuses arent they? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
The Tuskegee Institute is graduating some real geniuses arent they? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here folks is a person who has absolutely NO IDEA or CLUE about what he's commenting on.  :no: :snicker

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride
    • View Profile
 ::) soflorattler, what else is new  :shrug:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Here folks is a person who has absolutely NO IDEA or CLUE about what he's commenting on.  :no: :snicker
:no:.......not only that, soflo, why did the poster feel compelled to disparage one of our leading and historic HBCU's by referring to it as an "Institute"?  They've been Tuskegee University for over 35 years now?   :shrug:

Look, don't want to get too sensitive about the matter, but I have a special fondness for Tuskegee, its mission, its founder, and its place in the education of black folks in this country.  They have graduated some of the most brilliant minds in this country.  Not deserving of stupid, idiotic ridicule.  >:(

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Tuskegee is also a town/city. The experiment is named after the place not necessarily the university.

I hate this for them but we were all warned and had to make a decision.

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Anyone else notice the narrative being pushed here. Every article in Media now is about folks who didn't get the vaccine. Wonder why? It's not a coincidence....

I noticed that, too.

Calling this the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is just political spin to abdicate responsibility from GOVERNMENT inaction onto the people. And it doesn't address the causes of vaccine hesitancy.

And besides, we won't be able to vaccinate our way out of this now. Other countries with vaccine rates higher than the U.S. are discovering this.   

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

I noticed that, too.

Calling this the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is just political spin to abdicate responsibility from GOVERNMENT inaction onto the people. And it doesn't address the causes of vaccine hesitancy.

And besides, we won't be able to vaccinate our way out of this now. Other countries with vaccine rates higher than the U.S. are discovering this.

Are you overlooking the fact that unvaccinated people are the ones getting sick and dying? 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I noticed that, too.

Are you overlooking the fact that unvaccinated people are the ones getting sick and dying?

I'm not (because many unvaccinated people are kids under 12 and folks who can't -- for medical reasons -- get vaccinated).

I think we're all overlooking that the vaccine-only strategy will not work when there is no social incentive to get vaccinated.

People aren't encouraged to mask en masse now like they were before. It's not even mandated in 99.9 percent of the country now. People don't -- in most public settings have to prove vaccination status. You can go to ballgames, restaurants, gyms, bars, stores, -- everywhere -- and not be vaccinated or required to mask (save for public transport).

If you have the freedom to be unvaccinated and do all those things without restrictions, how are we blaming the sick and dead instead of the policymakers for creating apathy? 

Politicians and the media overlook that.   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:46:28 PM by Devin »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
A conservative radio talk show host who said 'you're probably safer not getting' the vaccine is now seriously ill with COVID-19

Conservative radio talk show host Phil Valentine is hospitalized with COVID-19, his family said.

Valentine has said "you're probably safer not getting" the COVID-19 vaccine if you're not at high risk.

His family says he now "regrets" not being more "pro-vaccine."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-conservative-radio-talk-show-host-who-said-youre-probably-safer-not-getting-the-vaccine-is-now-seriously-ill-with-covid-19/ar-AAMtVUg?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
If stark, clear reality is conflated with blaming the sick, then slap me silly. It’s a real fact the vast majority of new cases are those who share one trait in common. Riddle me that, Batman. What is that single, identifiable trait Devin?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule