News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »
Who could the MEAC invite to become a member that will be a good fit?

:shrug:   .....and would be WILLING to join?

Now, what exactly does this mean? :shrug:  Somebody is going to find this smaller MEAC attractive.  Until that happens, let's play ball. #meacstrong

eagle pride, it means exactly that...what school would be willing to join the MEAC?  Someone may very well find the MEAC attractive---BUT WHO?  To outsiders looking in, a conference that recently lost 5 members probably isn't something folks want to jump in to with both feet. Thats just facts, no diss to the MEAC. I want to see the conference rise up and do well.  But you also have to be realistic.  NONE of the Div 2 hbcu's will be making that move - its too costly. Remember, you gotta sustain yourself at that level.  Savannah State tried it for years, finally was admitted and now they are back in the SIAC/Div 2...and thats not a bad place to be.

So who does that leave? What schools do you think would be a good it WHO WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED? See, it is a 2-fold question. 

Wanting the finest chick in the room is cool; even better when she wants you too.  IJS.  ;)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 10:30:32 PM »
Who could the MEAC invite to become a member that will be a good fit?

:shrug:   .....and would be WILLING to join?

Now, what exactly does this mean? :shrug:  Somebody is going to find this smaller MEAC attractive.  Until that happens, let's play ball. #meacstrong

eagle pride, it means exactly that...what school would be willing to join the MEAC?  Someone may very well find the MEAC attractive---BUT WHO?  To outsiders looking in, a conference that recently lost 5 members probably isn't something folks want to jump in to with both feet. Thats just facts, no diss to the MEAC. I want to see the conference rise up and do well.  But you also have to be realistic.  NONE of the Div 2 hbcu's will be making that move - its too costly. Remember, you gotta sustain yourself at that level.  Savannah State tried it for years, finally was admitted and now they are back in the SIAC/Div 2...and thats not a bad place to be.

So who does that leave? What schools do you think would be a good it WHO WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED? See, it is a 2-fold question. 

Wanting the finest chick in the room is cool; even better when she wants you too.  IJS.  ;)

A few years ago, I would not have dreamed of Hampton and A&T being members of the BS.  But it happened.  Let's make it through this season and see what happens.  I heard a couple of schools were interested, but we will see.   I don't think you can blame the MEAC for most of those schools leaving as they did.  FAMU has been unstable for a while, and BCU will follow them wherever they go. A&T was upset because the MEAC didn't do anything about the Florida schools that made travel expensive.  Not sure why Hampton left. 

I think it is great that we have two HBCU conferences and we should do all we can to maintain them.   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2021, 02:40:11 AM »
Significantly reduce or waive the application fee of joining the conference would help.

How Thomas runs the MEAC...

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 05:44:49 AM »
Significantly reduce or waive the application fee of joining the conference would help.

The MEAC would waive its entrance fee, according to the reports about KSU and VSU as potential members.   Not much can be done about the 1.7 million NCAA entrance fee though.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 07:38:37 AM »

The MEAC would waive its entrance fee, according to the reports about KSU and VSU as potential members.   Not much can be done about the 1.7 million NCAA entrance fee though.
Wile, it doesn't hurt to petition the NCAA for relief of the waiver fee. I would think that in this climate that the NCAA isn't beyond negotiating. Why would they take a hard stance against it?

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2021, 09:04:44 AM »

Wile, it doesn't hurt to petition the NCAA for relief of the waiver fee. I would think that in this climate that the NCAA isn't beyond negotiating. Why would they take a hard stance against it?
Good idea.  Call Dennis Thomas.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:46 AM »

:lol: You know what....
just....well...
nevermind!    ;D

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2021, 09:15:02 AM »

A few years ago, I would not have dreamed of Hampton and A&T being members of the BS.  But it happened.  Let's make it through this season and see what happens.  I heard a couple of schools were interested, but we will see.   I don't think you can blame the MEAC for most of those schools leaving as they did.  FAMU has been unstable for a while, and BCU will follow them wherever they go. A&T was upset because the MEAC didn't do anything about the Florida schools that made travel expensive.  Not sure why Hampton left. 

I think it is great that we have two HBCU conferences and we should do all we can to maintain them.

Honestly, I would not have really imagined any of those schools leaving the MEAC either UNLESS they were going to the FBS level which would require them to.

For whatever reason those schools left, THEY'RE GONE.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »
Remember being on the outside looking in is different than being on the inside looking out. Meaning that FAMU and BCU had come to their decision to do what was best for their budget at their Universities. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule