News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: STILL WEARING YOUR MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING?  (Read 663 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: STILL WEARING YOUR MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »
Wearing my mask until I'm in handcuffs and they take it off.

I did read in the ABC link that they are concerned that the Delta variant may "evade" the vaccine, which gives me cause to think a booster will be needed to ward it off.   :shrug:
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
I removed my last post. However, I seriously doubt anyone is going to be arrested in Virginia for wearing a medical mask to protect themselves from the  COVID-19 virus. 

THE QUESTION:

When Virginia lifts its state of emergency, will it be illegal to wear a mask to protect against COVID-19, because of the state's anti-mask law?

THE ANSWER:

The 'intent provision' in the anti-mask law makes prosecution unlikely, according to our expert

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wusa9.com/amp/article/news/verify/virginia-anti-mask-law-will-it-be-illegal-to-wear-a-mask-for-covid19-when-the-state-of-emergency-is-lifted/65-ee15d78c-a3b3-474c-9e07-a7d46ff504db

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age to, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing........

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter9/section18.2-422/

You should tell that to Chesterfield County. AKA 'Arresterfield County.' 

A white woman was arrested for wearing a face covering while protesting at the Capitol.  It's going to be ugly.  The law, as currently written, does not exclude medical masks. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »

A white woman was arrested for wearing a face covering while protesting at the Capitol.  It's going to be ugly.  The law, as currently written, does not exclude medical masks. 

Would you please post the link to this story.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »
Wearing my mask until I'm in handcuffs and they take it off.

I did read in the ABC link that they are concerned that the Delta variant may "evade" the vaccine, which gives me cause to think a booster will be needed to ward it off.   :shrug:
Que and board........in the last week or so, your humble poster had begun relaxing his his rule of wearing a mask EVERYTIME I emerged from my residence. I began going to a few public places maskless. But then I heard and/or read the same report that Que cites here^^^, and my attitude has been F this, I’m wearing my mask  everywhere........AGAIN!!   :o

I’ve been fully vaccinated since mid-April. If the CDC and other leading health agencies conclude we now need a booster to avoid contracting the Delta variant, then that’s what I’m going to do.

I’ve got two grandbabies I’d like to see grow up.    :shrug:

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 11:09:58 PM »
If you’re fully vaccinated, you can safely resume many activities without having to wear a mask or stay six feet away from others. Since regulations on mask-wearing differ from place to place, you should check to see what your local governments, businesses, and workplaces currently require.

CDC is continuing to update guidelines as more information becomes available, so please visit their website for the latest recommendations.

My mask is off most of the time now.  I only wear a mask when it is required. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Blue N Gold

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
I still wear my mask when I shop, go to the gym, attend church services or any other public gathering. And practice social distancing as well. :nono2:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
Yes I still wear mine in most public places. I can’t trust those who are not vaccinated to be transparently honest. I know they are proudly walking around without a mask on, despite being politely asked to mask if they haven’t received the vaccine.

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 11:48:08 AM »
I don't typically wear a mask when I'm outside. However, if I'm indoors shopping, at church, at a restaurant, etc. I do wear one. Socially distancing is no issue b/c I live alone and my circle is minimal.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • HousePride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
INSIDE...EVERY TIME!

OUTSIDE? NO.

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
I wear it anytime I'm around someone who is not my wife. That includes inside and outside because the Delta variant is 40 percent more transmissible outdoors compared to previous strains.

There have already been documented cases in Australia of people getting infected after fleeting, very brief contact outdoors.     

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »

There have already been documented cases in Australia of people getting infected after fleeting, very brief contact outdoors.   
Lawd have mercy. :o

I knew there was a reason why I declined to play in the slow-pitch softball league I usually play in (they are playing with masks, but still). A lot of my teammates thought I was being overly cautious...

Naaaaahhh, I'm definitely glad I made that decision. We'll see how it goes by the spring of 2022 before I play again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 01:18:18 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »

Lawd have mercy. :o

I knew there was a reason why I declined to play in the slow-pitch softball league I usually play in (they are playing with masks, but still). A lot of my teammates thought I was being overly cautious...

Naaaaahhh, I'm definitely glad I made that decision. We'll see how it goes by the spring of 2022 before I play again.

Yeah, I wanted to play rec league baseball and thought better of it for some of the reasons you did.

But here is more about the situation down under.

In two of Sydney’s cases, the moment of transmission was caught on CCTV. In the first instance, a man in his 50s caught the virus by merely passing through the airspace of an infected limousine driver at Myer at Bondi Junction.

In the second instance, a woman in her 70s was sitting outside at Belle Cafe in Vaucluse when the same driver — the cluster’s primary case — was inside the cafe.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 01:49:50 PM by Devin »

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2021, 02:23:41 PM »
I wear a mask at work because it's still required by my employer. Outside of that I don't typically wear one unless it's required by the business I'm visiting.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2021, 03:19:34 PM »

y04185, can you post the link to this story. So, I can see when it occurred, the circumstances surrounding the arrest, what type of face covering the women was wearing.

I still seriously doubt anyone is going to be arrested for wearing a medical mask.

That's pretty much me too Decks
I wear a mask at work because it's still required by my employer. Outside of that I don't typically wear one unless it's required by the business I'm visiting.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2021, 04:35:35 PM »
Well if you are waiting on a response from Y...

AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule