News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Question  (Read 618 times)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 10:27:11 AM »
soflorattler, you said it.

Honestly, its a wonder nobody has reached across those counters and attempted to choke somebody out. :lol: NOT saying its right nor the answer, but, I would totally understand.

Miss Gerri ALWAYS popping off!  :blush:

JT -

As you know, no matter how mad or upset they made you, you were not gonna get thrown out of Morehouse for something you knew deep inside was just another conversation away from being resolved. Now, it may have taken a bit of patience and persistence to get to the right person to resolve it….but you knew end of the day, it was gonna get handled the right way…

Now these fools today….Jesus take the wheel….

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 10:40:04 AM »
87 Alum, INDEED.....TODAY

:no:

When my baby sister was at Norfolk State,
the stuff she encountered had me thinking to myself
 'THESE MFs ARE EVEN WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL'  :brickwall:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 11:13:57 AM »
87 Alum, INDEED.....TODAY

:no:

When my baby sister was at Norfolk State,
the stuff she encountered had me thinking to myself
 'THESE MFs ARE EVEN WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL'  :brickwall:

Same here when I had to go up there (FAMU) about them refusing to release my daughter's transcripts when we had evidence that she had no debt with the university. She had gone to them 3 times already, but when I stepped in, things got done. I wasn't with the dumb isht. :nono2:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »
All of this goes back to black hatred for one another. Sadly many respond in a certain manner when there is a black face in front of them. If a white student came before them with an issue and displayed a particular behavior, they would respond differently.

This is why we all have to be in constant check mode when dealing with people. White folk especially, should do this when dealing with minorities. It is very, very easy for our personal biases to creep in and influence our actions.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 01:39:04 PM »
Look ain't no sense on talking about it if you want address the problem. Stop being scared. The main problem is these out of control nasty attitude black women in financial aid, admissions, registrar office and other offices. Mad at the world and bringing their problems to work.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:05:23 PM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 02:05:44 PM »
All of this goes back to black hatred for one another. Sadly many respond in a certain manner when there is a black face in front of them. If a white student came before them with an issue and displayed a particular behavior, they would respond differently.

This is why we all have to be in constant check mode when dealing with people. White folk especially, should do this when dealing with minorities. It is very, very easy for our personal biases to creep in and influence our actions.

it could also be the same syndrome where you get bad customer service in your personal life and therefore you give it back.  I've encountered people giving out service and I think it's they don't know any better.  :shrug:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
My daughter is a recent High Point University graduate who will not give because she does not like how their president will put people out of their homes for HPU expansion. The fact is, he would rather see trees and fountains around HPU and not houses. He also builds buildings. But if there is any mistreatment of High Point University students by faculty or staff, they would lose their positions.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »
Progress can be cruel.

Do you know if those homeowners given a fair price for their homes?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2021, 03:11:17 PM »
My daughter is a recent High Point University graduate who will not give because she does not like how their president will put people out of their homes for HPU expansion. The fact is, he would rather see trees and fountains around HPU and not houses. He also builds buildings. But if there is any mistreatment of High Point University students by faculty or staff, they would lose their positions.

You can't get too mad at the president. The homeowners sold those places and the renters were left out in the cold. High Point could not buy if the owner did not sell.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2021, 03:18:23 PM »
Look ain't no sense on talking about it if you want address the problem. Stop being scared. The main problem is these out of control nasty attitude black women in financial aid, admissions, registrar office and other offices. Mad at the world and bringing their problems to work.

What's fair is fair dog, I did it to old sport and now I have to do it to you in order to preserve my credibility.

She is black, she is female, therefore her a$$ is funky and she should be locked up she is out of control and has a nasty attitude, is mad at the world and brings her problems to work. So tell us how you really feel about black women.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »
I don't know but I have never believed that they did. The powers that be have given High Point University the green light to do as they wish. He appoints them to the HPU Board of Trustees and the city is quite cozy with HPU. Yes, they took a few houses recently for the new student union at NCCU, but if that had been High Point, there would be green grass in front of that building and not a street.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »

How much are these clerical workers paid?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »
I don't know but I have never believed that they did. The powers that be have given High Point University the green light to do as they wish. He appoints them to the HPU Board of Trustees and the city is quite cozy with HPU. Yes, they took a few houses recently for the new student union at NCCU, but if that had been High Point, there would be green grass in front of that building and not a street.

From my work with the city, it not easy to take someone's property. Eminent domain is an arduous process reserved for public projects, HP is private. I think what happens in High Point is that the community is so invested in the college and it's future, landowners willingly yield to the requests of the president. Renters end up being the collateral damage.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 04:08:28 PM »
^^^Add to that, many are exiting the home rental business. A couple of friends of mine are dumping their rentals because it's become more of a headache since the pandemic.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule