News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Five-Star Travis Shaw puts A&T in Top Four  (Read 1738 times)

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Five-Star Travis Shaw puts A&T in Top Four
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 01:11:52 PM »
Lol ya'll a trip.

It was , we need to get our kids to look at and come back to HBCUs. 

oh, so now you wanna play the "hbcu card"?  you say "we need to get our kids to look at and come back to HBCUs"?  are you serious!

talk about being "hypocritical"!  can't be more "hypocritical" than that.  and ram has a point, outta one side of your mouth you say "we need to get our kids to look at and come back to HBCUs", yet outta the other side of your mouth you say a&t should turn its back on hbcu's and instead give their support to pwc's.

so kids should come back to hbcu's, but a&t shouldn't?  "hypocrisy" at its finest... 

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 01:37:49 PM »
Lol ya'll a trip.

oh, so now you wanna play the "hbcu card"?  you say "we need to get our kids to look at and come back to HBCUs"?  are you serious!

talk about being "hypocritical"!  can't be more "hypocritical" than that.  and ram has a point, outta one side of your mouth you say "we need to get our kids to look at and come back to HBCUs", yet outta the other side of your mouth you say a&t should turn its back on hbcu's and instead give their support to pwc's.

so kids should come back to hbcu's, but a&t shouldn't?  "hypocrisy" at its finest...

Who knew it was a requirement that one must join and remain members of the CIAA, GCAC, MEAC, SIAC, or SWAC in order to remain an HBCU?

This logic stinks and anyone who believes this is being bigoted in their thought processes.

I guess, A&T, Hampton, Langston, Tennessee State, and Xavier should give up their federal HBCU and/or 1890 Land Grant designations, huh?

:brickwall:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »
Winston couldn't afford the MEAC! :lol: :kisses:

You play football in a active racecar stadium supported by Trump followers! :crazy:

True.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »
He will never wear an Aggie uniform. Since when did coming in forth win anything but a moral victory. There is no way he will select A&T over any of those other schools. His list will change over time and will include Alabama and a few other schools. Some of these Aggies are talking about why not attend an HBCU, when themselves don't want to be associated with HBCUs by joining the Big South. You talk about taking out of both sides of your mouth.

:o Did you apply to A&T for school and they reject your application or something?  :o Because DAYUUUUUUM! you be coming for those AGGIES with both barrels BLAZIN',,,,, DAYUM!  :lmao:

Everything I said was the truth.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »
Some of these Aggies are talking about why not attend an HBCU, when themselves don't want to be associated with HBCUs by joining the Big South. You talk about taking out of both sides of your mouth.

Come over to Lindsay & Sullivan, join us on our recruiting visits for Basketball & Football, and tell these kids and parents this.

:thefan:

No, you go visit any SWAC school and learn why four and five star players really want to attend an HBCU. The SWAC is recruiting our best and they are maintaining their heritage and culture in doing so. You guys are sellouts.

You act like A&T hasn't beaten the SWAC champion 4x in the Celebration Bowl. We haven't lost to a SWAC school since 2007

Ya'll days of beating the SWAC champion are over.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2021, 04:07:00 PM »
He will never wear an Aggie uniform. Since when did coming in forth win anything but a moral victory. There is no way he will select A&T over any of those other schools. His list will change over time and will include Alabama and a few other schools. Some of these Aggies are talking about why not attend an HBCU, when themselves don't want to be associated with HBCUs by joining the Big South. You talk about taking out of both sides of your mouth.

:o Did you apply to A&T for school and they reject your application or something?  :o Because DAYUUUUUUM! you be coming for those AGGIES with both barrels BLAZIN',,,,, DAYUM!  :lmao:

You have to wonder sometimes...this guy is obsessed with all things A&T. It's the little brother syndrome most of those rams have. They always trying to get some attention because they are overshadowed by the AGGIES.

You don't typically see 5 star recruits picking an FCS program right out of high school. If he does awesome...if not, and he find the grass wasn't as green as he initially thought and decided to come back home to Greensboro and to A&T...we would welcome him back with open arms.

Our University profile...student profile...and recruiting profile has never been higher. The Aggies will continue to weigh our options and do what we believe is best for us...we stayed in the MEAC until our admins felt it was time to move on. Our time in the Big South will be the same. We will be there as long as it suits us.

Meanwhile the rams are dropping sports...and signing contracts to play away games at A&T just like we told them they would. They are literally not in our league or on our level...you would think they have more important things to worry about than what A&T is doing.

Basically, I'm the only Ram that regularly post on this site. And every time I do post at least five Aggies respond back. So it seems to me that Aggies are more worried about a Ram, than Rams about the Aggies. I must be making some good points because ya'll keep responding. And about this level stuff you keep buffing. A&T is the largest HBCU in America, so with your logic, you think you are better than "ALL" the other 100 HBCUs. This explains your joining the Big South. But what I don't understand is what have you done on the national level with the so called schools on your imaginary level? Stats show that WSSU grads get better jobs than those Aggies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 04:09:11 PM by Ram55 »

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »

You have to wonder sometimes...this guy is obsessed with all things A&T. It's the little brother syndrome most of those rams have. They always trying to get some attention because they are overshadowed by the AGGIES.

You don't typically see 5 star recruits picking an FCS program right out of high school. If he does awesome...if not, and he find the grass wasn't as green as he initially thought and decided to come back home to Greensboro and to A&T...we would welcome him back with open arms.

Our University profile...student profile...and recruiting profile has never been higher. The Aggies will continue to weigh our options and do what we believe is best for us...we stayed in the MEAC until our admins felt it was time to move on. Our time in the Big South will be the same. We will be there as long as it suits us.

Meanwhile the rams are dropping sports...and signing contracts to play away games at A&T just like we told them they would. They are literally not in our league or on our level...you would think they have more important things to worry about than what A&T is doing.

Basically, I'm the only Ram that regularly post on this site. And every time I do post at least five Aggies respond back. So it seems to me that Aggies are more worried about a Ram, than Rams about the Aggies. I must be making some good points because ya'll keep responding. And about this level stuff you keep buffing. A&T is the largest HBCU in America, so with your logic, you think you are better than "ALL" the other 100 HBCUs. This explains your joining the Big South. But what I don't understand is what have you done on the national level with the so called schools on your imaginary level? Stats show that WSSU grads get better jobs than those Aggies.

Maybe if you used logic instead of posting drivel like Oldsport does on here, you wouldn't have multiple Aggies responding to your foolishness.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 07:00:07 PM »

Since your getting such better jobs , Ak them for some money so ya'll can stop dropping sports 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2021, 08:21:42 AM »

Since your getting such better jobs , Ak them for some money so ya'll can stop dropping sports

Fool, some of the biggest schools in the country are dropping sports.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »

WSSU was dropping sports BEFORE the pandemic. Nice try tho

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 11:24:15 AM »

I never said we were rich, so what's your point.  You are the only HBCU than thinks you have arrived and better than the rest of us. Besides, a lot of schools MUCH BIGGER THAN A&T dropped sports before COVID. You claimed that you didn't have the money to remain in the MEAC because of travel. So if you ARE so rich, why not remain in the MEAC? Again, some of you Aggies are continually talking out of both sides of your mouth. You seem to be hanging your hat on a football team that has had somewhat of some success. However, it was not that long ago when you were the worst team in the country for many years.

We will see how  you do in the big south for a few years. They will remind you at every home game (when their fans don't show up) that you are not like them. Ya'll see it coming, that's why you scheduled a game with WSSU.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:29:51 AM by Ram55 »

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM »

I never said we were rich, so what's your point.  You are the only HBCU than thinks you have arrived and better than the rest of us. Besides, a lot of schools MUCH BIGGER THAN A&T dropped sports before COVID. You claimed that you didn't have the money to remain in the MEAC because of travel. So if you ARE so rich, why not remain in the MEAC? Again, some of you Aggies are continually talking out of both sides of your mouth. You seem to be hanging your hat on a football team that has had somewhat of some success. However, it was not that long ago when you were the worst team in the country for many years.

We will see how  you do in the big south for a few years. They will remind you at every home game (when their fans don't show up) that you are not like them. Ya'll see it coming, that's why you scheduled a game with WSSU.

Your upset at your universities lack of growth and development and you lash out at others that are moving forward.

NCA&T isn't broke by any means , but saving money on travel is smart. It allows us to continue funding the athletic department at it's current level while moving those savings into our Olympic sports so they will be able to recruit in new areas and provide more scholarships.

Yes A&T lost 27 straight games. And 10 years later we have transformed our program. But A&T won at least 1 MEAC title every decade it was in the MEAC.

We will be fine in the Big South , especially with Kennesaw State leaving. We should be in the hunt yearly for a title / playoff appearance.

We scheduled WSSU because we need a tune up game because we have Wake Forest week one. Will be fun to see ya'll again. We all will be tailgating after halftime   

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 04:16:08 PM »
Lol ya'll a trip.

Who knew it was a requirement that one must join and remain members of the CIAA, GCAC, MEAC, SIAC, or SWAC in order to remain an HBCU?

This logic stinks and anyone who believes this is being bigoted in their thought processes.

I guess, A&T, Hampton, Langston, Tennessee State, and Xavier should give up their federal HBCU and/or 1890 Land Grant designations, huh?

"nobody" said the things that you "alleged".  so that makes you a boldface "liar".  show me where "ANYBODY" said that hbcu's must join and remain members of an hbcu conference in order to remain being an hbcu?  please post that quote!  i absolutely "dare" you to post it!

sir, you need to stop putting "your own words" in other people's mouth... :nono2: :no:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 04:18:41 PM by oleschoolaggie »

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »
Lol ya'll a trip.

"nobody" said the things that you "alleged".  so that makes you a boldface "liar".  show me where "ANYBODY" said that hbcu's must join and remain members of an hbcu conference in order to remain being an hbcu?  please post that quote!  i absolutely "dare" you to post it!

sir, you need to stop putting "your own words" in other people's mouth... :nono2:  :lol:

You sir, need to refer back to your freshman English classes at T and refresh yourself regarding sarcasm and inference.  :no:

Of course, you haven't said this directly. I was being facetious with my comment. Perhaps next time I should use clear visual indicators in my comment to clearly show when I am being sarcastic or facetious in my commenting since it's not the easiest to determine tone on this board.  ::)

HOWEVER, you keep inferring that your Dear A&T are being sellouts and turning their backs on the MEAC by joining the conference. This constant  :dedhorse: can only lead someone to imply that you would possibly believe that. Whether you do or not doesn't really matter here.

Plus, you've been on Bluedeathvalley, meacfanszone and other social media outlets flat out saying that A&T's AD and chancellor have been hoodwinked by the Big South in joining the Big South for over a year now, including today.  :popcorn:

Like we get it, you don't like the move and you think A&T would be "stupid" to ever consider moving up to FBS.  :shrug:

Either way, the move to the Big South has been completed, money has been exchanged, and our Alma Mater will be official members of the Big South in 2 weeks approx. My support of the move or your disapproval of the move isn't going to stop the train from moving. The only thing we all can do is to sit back and watch the show.

Therefore, all of this back and forth on both sides is absolutely annoying and a waste of time.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and move on. It's not like we're both not going to buy our season tickets this weekend.  ;)

:)

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »
Lol ya'll a trip.

sir, you need to stop putting "your own words" in other people's mouth... :nono2:  :lol:

You sir, need to refer back to your freshman English classes at T and refresh yourself regarding sarcasm and inference.  :no:

Of course, you haven't said this directly. I was being facetious with my comment. Perhaps next time I should use clear visual indicators in my comment to clearly show when I am being sarcastic or facetious in my commenting since it's not the easiest to determine tone on this board.  ::)

HOWEVER, you keep inferring that your Dear A&T are being sellouts and turning their backs on the MEAC by joining the conference. This constant  :dedhorse: can only lead someone to imply that you would possibly believe that. Whether you do or not doesn't really matter here.

Plus, you've been on Bluedeathvalley, meacfanszone and other social media outlets flat out saying that A&T's AD and chancellor have been hoodwinked by the Big South in joining the Big South for over a year now, including today.  :popcorn:

Like we get it, you don't like the move and you think A&T would be "stupid" to ever consider moving up to FBS.  :shrug:

Either way, the move to the Big South has been completed, money has been exchanged, and our Alma Mater will be official members of the Big South in 2 weeks approx. My support of the move or your disapproval of the move isn't going to stop the train from moving. The only thing we all can do is to sit back and watch the show.

Therefore, all of this back and forth on both sides is absolutely annoying and a waste of time.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and move on. It's not like we're both not going to buy our season tickets this weekend.  ;)

:)

no, let's not agree on that.  let's instead agree neither you nor anybody else should "falsely" accuse anyone of "anything" whether you're being facetious or not!

otherwise, are you implying that its okay with you if i accuse you of "anything" that's negative as long as i'm being "facetious"?  nonsense!

how 'bout telling the doggone "truth" for a change?  that way there is no "misinterpretation"...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule