News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Five-Star Travis Shaw puts A&T in Top Four  (Read 3502 times)

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Five-Star Travis Shaw puts A&T in Top Four
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2022, 07:38:06 PM »
A&T has to close the deal with these top recruits.

A&T is going to lose majority of these battles with P5 schools. G5 and other FCS programs are who we should be able to beat out for recruits

We have to have the mindset that we can compete for top athletes. I understand where you are coming from but it takes a growth mindset.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2022, 08:04:45 PM »

A&T is going to lose majority of these battles with P5 schools. G5 and other FCS programs are who we should be able to beat out for recruits

We have to have the mindset that we can compete for top athletes. I understand where you are coming from but it takes a growth mindset.

Ehh , it takes facilities and infrastructure. imo for those 5 star kids.

We are building but A&T is about 5 years away from getting a few 5 stars 

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2022, 10:49:05 PM »
Please, the last thing we need is a dog fight. That is illegal in most of the USA. This is what happens when both sides has some great points. Know one is really "ALL" correct. The fact that we are talking about this is a step in the right direction. We just need to not make it personnel. Our people are put in a position where we are always having to chose between what's best for us personally are for us as a group. This is the burden that has been put on us because of the more than 400 years of oppression. In the end, we all are brothers because of our ties with HBCUs. Its best that we have this type of conversation amongst ourselves than to have it around others.
 :shrug:

Aw let em fight. At least their "old." Hell I'm fighting with our folks about bad-mouthing the school on Facebook.  I just advised one without realizing it they may have bad-mouthed the school into keeping Massey for reasons most wouldn't understand.  At least Onnidan is semi-private.

Points well made.  We face the dichotomy of many old-heads seeing a negative racial motivation behind many things, and young people rarely seeing it when it is there. Neither is completely right. 

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2022, 05:54:11 AM »

You still pursue them. That was the philosophy of JMU’s current coach when he was at IUP which is a Pennsylvania DII school. When I was a high school principal, he always talked to the D-1 guys because he said a lot of those guys will transfer and you already have a relationship with them. I had a kid Jordan Hill who committed the Penn State but he would always come and talk to him. IUP always had a high number of D-1 transfers and were always at the top of the PSAC. It’s recruiting malpractice if you don’t go after then.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2022, 05:55:24 AM »

You are 100% right. Small thinking leads to small results., if you act like you don’t belong, you never will and don’t deserve to.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule