News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: GOP Sen. says Capitol riot an insurrection because people stayed within ropes  (Read 62 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
GOP Sen. Ron Johnson said the Capitol riot wasn't an armed insurrection because people were 'staying within the roped lines'

Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin said the Capitol riot wasn't an armed insurrection because at least some participants were "staying within the roped lines."

Appearing on Fox News on Sunday, Johnson said he and his staff reviewed hours of footage from the Capitol on January 6 to clear the record about what really happened.

"I think it's extremely important to create an accurate historical record of exactly what happened so the false narrative that thousands of armed insurrectionists doesn't last," Johnson said.

When asked by the host Mark Levin what his office had found, Johnson said they saw "309 people" peacefully walking past the police into the Capitol.

Despite the significant amount of footage showing scores of people attacking police officers and breaking into the Capitol through windows and doors while Congress was in session, Johnson has long falsely described the insurrection as a largely peaceful event.

In March, Johnson called the rioters "people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement."

"Had the tables been turned and President Donald Trump won the election and those were thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa protestors, I would have been concerned," he told Wisconsin radio at the time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-sen-ron-johnson-said-the-capitol-riot-wasnt-an-armed-insurrection-because-people-were-staying-within-the-roped-lines/ar-AAL15xN?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Yeah, Wildman, this idiot Johnson said that crap some time back.

I've UNFORTUNATELY grown accustomed to these fools ignoring all contrary evidence and cherry-picking the one MINOR thing that they think supports their inane presuppositions.

Like the dude on Facebook who argued from day one - because Dear Leader said so - that it was antifa that stormed the Capitol. Early on, I shared each of the many arrests with Ben (folks who know me on FB can attest).  I'd show the pics (often with them in #ErraticTrump gear) and ask him IF this one or that one was antifa. No reply. Asked Ben if the woman who was shot was antifa...  Then, indictments became more frequent, ZERO reply from Ben.

Someone posted a very short video of some of the protesters changing clothes and - WITH ZERO EVIDENCE - claimed those 3 or 4 guys (out of the THOUSANDS) were antifa (Asking,... "Why would Trump people change clothes?"  SMDH )

After the indictments of Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, I asked Ben if he STILL thought antifa stormed the Capitol.

His weakass reply was - again, without a scintilla of evidence - "They were there!"

I told him, "So what? Even if true, vegetarians and Baptists were there...."

It is truly sad!!!

O0

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Yeah and Kayleigh McEnany never once lied while WH Press Secretary....

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule